Recent Images In This Thread
- brandButterotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCommon Projectstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCommon Projects Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandConversetagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandConverse All Startagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemCostume National Homme Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemFendi Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemGivenchy Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryHightop Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemJil Sander Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemLanvin Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryLowtop Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemPs Paul Smith Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categorySlip On Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categorySneakerstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Lanvin Nylon Captoes - Size 9D Last post on 5/14/12 at 2:48am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Common Projects F/W 12-13 Last post on 7/30/15 at 11:12am in Streetwear and Denim
- Removing patent from Lanvin sneakers Last post on 7/19/12 at 9:38am in Classic Menswear
- Side-Zip High-top Sneakers - Alejandro Ingelmo Last post on 2/25/12 at 4:54pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Common Projects CP Desert Boot Suede Chukka Brown 41 Last post on 12/2/11 at 3:34pm in Buying and Selling
Tips of keeping a pair of premium sneakers nice
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: March 2015Last edited: 3/9/15
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan SmithLast edited: 3/10/15
- Sneakers for Boot PeopleLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** - Page 1166
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17477 of 2314412/7/12 at 2:53pmpost #17478 of 2314412/7/12 at 2:57pmpost #17479 of 2314412/7/12 at 2:57pmpost #17480 of 2314412/7/12 at 3:06pmTo be fair the chuck-style RO with leather upper is already thin with the same giant sole. Main difference is the material and the stitching on the sole is probably faux.
Thinner/frail uppers are probably less suited for jean tuck now?
Fit would probably still look similar to the leather version though.post #17481 of 2314412/7/12 at 3:06pmpost #17482 of 2314412/7/12 at 4:07pmLooking at the new arrivals on Ssense, I would almost want to cut myself just to bleed on these things and ruin them.
Taking a page from the anti-genius of Christian Louboutin, Giuseppi Zanotti decided schizophrenic studs and mis-matched neons weren't enough individually, they had to be combined into one monstrous Gestalt:
Dsquared decided to rip off the Prada creepers, but obviously that isn't enough on its own so the leather is textured, there's contrast shit all over everything, and they switched out the sole's espadrille layer for a a jagged bottom:
Finally, Givenchy unveiled the ugliest shoe I can remember seeing with a price over $800:post #17483 of 2314412/7/12 at 5:02pm
I'm with you, but they're much cooler when seen worn in person. I've handled them at maxfields and wasn't really into them, but I saw a dude walking to his car in them in the most conservative look (RRL type wash, slightly baggy jeans and a button down) and they looked pretty cool. the shell toe kind of pops out. Not something i'd wear but very unique and almost cartoony/exaggerated.post #17484 of 2314412/7/12 at 5:39pmI think they looked ok because they're basically just Converse. I mean, don't flay me, I get that they're slightly bulbous, but geez a whiz. I still marvel when people comment on how well they blend in with non-ninja fits, as if it's such a shock, as if they're best suited to the dark arts...post #17485 of 2314412/7/12 at 5:42pmpost #17486 of 2314412/7/12 at 7:58pmpost #17487 of 2314412/7/12 at 8:06pmpost #17488 of 2314412/8/12 at 4:33ampost #17489 of 2314412/9/12 at 7:46pm
- ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Borrelli cotton and linen white shirt size 16/41 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 6 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 10 minutes ago
- › Design work I wish I'd done 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?