Recent Images In This Thread
- brandButterotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCommon Projectstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCommon Projects Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandConversetagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandConverse All Startagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemCostume National Homme Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemFendi Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemGivenchy Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryHightop Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemJil Sander Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemLanvin Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryLowtop Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemPs Paul Smith Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categorySlip On Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categorySneakerstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Lanvin Nylon Captoes - Size 9D Last post on 5/14/12 at 2:48am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Common Projects F/W 12-13 Last post on 6/23/14 at 11:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- Removing patent from Lanvin sneakers Last post on 7/19/12 at 9:38am in Classic Menswear
- Side-Zip High-top Sneakers - Alejandro Ingelmo Last post on 2/25/12 at 4:54pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Common Projects CP Desert Boot Suede Chukka Brown 41 Last post on 12/2/11 at 3:34pm in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** - Page 1095
Styleforum Top Picks
yep, lanvin = like walking on clouds
Lavin is that good? I have read numerous times that MMM are really comfortable but this is the first time I read about Lavin.
I have purchased CP and did not find them that comfortable. Plus, I think they look weird on my narrow foot.
Converse, the soles run down quickly but I have an overabundance of them
MMM Gats, I purchased a pair but they were too small so I was only able to wear them at home for a bit.
Does anyone have a secret shop for purchasing MMM Gats? I am still looking for the all white leather pair from last season, size 46, if anyone has seen it.
mmm's are indeed pretty comfortable but i have a wider foot, gats tend to squeeze my foot. lanvin on the other hand is just right. i have a pair of brushed leather captoes that have a calfskin interior, insanely padded and just feel rad. also have a couple high's that feel like im wearing air cushioned boots.
I wasn't talking about comfort, rather materials and construction. MMM gats are definitely more comfortable but feel flimsy, equal or moreso than basic nike and adidas shoes IMO. They also get creased and worn out pretty fast which is not something that I see happening with the Lanvins due to the thick leather.
Comfort is a function of fit.
It's going to be different from person to person and sneaker to sneaker.
My most comfortable footwear are my semi bespoke shoes, because, surprise surprise, they fit in all the right areas.
As much as I like Raf, this isn't good
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I like these though.
i love the shirts and knits from this upcoming collection but the shoes look like a bunch of kids just went crazy and slapped chains on older season shoes. ironic though because i've previously preferred the shoes to the clothes.
This is more true with dress shoes/boots than sneakers though. Sneakers are usually more cushioned and with softer leather/material that stretches and expands and/or molds to your feet.
Plus it is less common for sneakers to have a narrow or wide options when it comes to sizing unlike traditional dress shoes/boots. I believe running shoes are the only sneakers that has this option?
I don't think there is anything wrong with a statement such as "MMM GATs are more comfortable than Lanvins" because this tends to be true to most people and you can just either agree or disagree.
- ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 28 seconds ago
- › Levi's denim jacket red tab? 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 12 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 14 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 30 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 38 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...