Recent Images In This Thread
- brandButterotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemButtero shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandCommon Projectstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCommon Projects Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandConversetagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandConverse All Startagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemCostume National Homme Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemFendi Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemGivenchy Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryHightop Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemJil Sander Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemLanvin Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryLowtop Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemPs Paul Smith Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categorySlip On Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categorySneakerstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Lanvin Nylon Captoes - Size 9D Last post on 5/14/12 at 2:48am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Common Projects F/W 12-13 Last post on 7/30/15 at 11:12am in Streetwear and Denim
- Removing patent from Lanvin sneakers Last post on 7/19/12 at 9:38am in Classic Menswear
- Side-Zip High-top Sneakers - Alejandro Ingelmo Last post on 2/25/12 at 4:54pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Common Projects CP Desert Boot Suede Chukka Brown 41 Last post on 12/2/11 at 3:34pm in Marketplace
The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
Last edited: 3/9/15
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan SmithLast edited: 3/10/15
- Sneakers for Boot PeopleLast edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** - Page 1095post #16411 of 227487/27/12 at 8:50am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16412 of 227487/27/12 at 9:42ampost #16413 of 227487/27/12 at 10:06ampost #16414 of 227487/27/12 at 10:39amQuote:Originally Posted by thisisblexQuote:
yep, lanvin = like walking on clouds
Lavin is that good? I have read numerous times that MMM are really comfortable but this is the first time I read about Lavin.post #16415 of 227487/27/12 at 10:50ampost #16416 of 227487/27/12 at 11:13ampost #16417 of 227487/27/12 at 11:36amI imagine my reaction when I finally switch from converse to MMM Gats will be
I have purchased CP and did not find them that comfortable. Plus, I think they look weird on my narrow foot.
Converse, the soles run down quickly but I have an overabundance of them
MMM Gats, I purchased a pair but they were too small so I was only able to wear them at home for a bit.
Does anyone have a secret shop for purchasing MMM Gats? I am still looking for the all white leather pair from last season, size 46, if anyone has seen it.post #16418 of 227487/27/12 at 12:09pmQuote:
mmm's are indeed pretty comfortable but i have a wider foot, gats tend to squeeze my foot. lanvin on the other hand is just right. i have a pair of brushed leather captoes that have a calfskin interior, insanely padded and just feel rad. also have a couple high's that feel like im wearing air cushioned boots.post #16419 of 227487/27/12 at 12:10pmpost #16420 of 227487/27/12 at 12:18pmQuote:
I wasn't talking about comfort, rather materials and construction. MMM gats are definitely more comfortable but feel flimsy, equal or moreso than basic nike and adidas shoes IMO. They also get creased and worn out pretty fast which is not something that I see happening with the Lanvins due to the thick leather.post #16421 of 227487/27/12 at 4:26pmpost #16422 of 227487/27/12 at 4:34pmpost #16423 of 227487/27/12 at 4:37pmI'll say this one more time.
Comfort is a function of fit.
It's going to be different from person to person and sneaker to sneaker.
My most comfortable footwear are my semi bespoke shoes, because, surprise surprise, they fit in all the right areas.Quote:Originally Posted by smilingcats
As much as I like Raf, this isn't good
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I like these though.post #16424 of 227487/27/12 at 4:43pmQuote:
i love the shirts and knits from this upcoming collection but the shoes look like a bunch of kids just went crazy and slapped chains on older season shoes. ironic though because i've previously preferred the shoes to the clothes.post #16425 of 227487/27/12 at 4:47pmQuote:
This is more true with dress shoes/boots than sneakers though. Sneakers are usually more cushioned and with softer leather/material that stretches and expands and/or molds to your feet.
Plus it is less common for sneakers to have a narrow or wide options when it comes to sizing unlike traditional dress shoes/boots. I believe running shoes are the only sneakers that has this option?
I don't think there is anything wrong with a statement such as "MMM GATs are more comfortable than Lanvins" because this tends to be true to most people and you can just either agree or disagree.
- ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***
Styleforum Top Picks
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan Smith
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 48 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 54 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 1 minute ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 1 minute ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 4 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 4 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 5 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...