or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › formal clothes accessories
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

formal clothes accessories

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
I'm just curious as to what you guys carry on your person on a regular basis for accessories. Such as watches/ pocket watches, tie clasps/ clips/ pins, money clip, jewelry, fancy knife, hankerchief, or anything else. Please tell...
post #2 of 12
What do you mean on a daily basis? When wearing formal clothes (ie morning coat et.c.), business suit or just everyday regardless?
post #3 of 12
Pocket watch, pinkie ring, and a set of Trad pistols.
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper Dandy
Pocket watch, pinkie ring, and a set of Trad pistols.

You mean to say that you don't carry a cane with a hidden sword inside of it?


With regard to the original question, I carry 3 things with me all the time: wallet, keys and cell phone. That's it.
post #5 of 12
[quote=odoreater]You mean to say that you don't carry a cane with a hidden sword inside of it?

QUOTE]

Oooh, that would be cool. But I'm not sure how Trad a cane-sword is. I mean, canes are definitely Trad, but cane swords are quite ninja, and I don't think ninjas were Trad. Samurai, maybe, but not ninjas.

As for the original question, every morning I go through my checklist: keys, wallet, cell phone, blackberry. Pocket square is a possbility if wearing a suit.
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by contactme_11
I'm just curious as to what you guys carry on your person on a regular basis for accessories. Such as watches/ pocket watches, tie clasps/ clips/ pins, money clip, jewelry, fancy knife, hankerchief, or anything else. Please tell...
Here's a representative selection of my basic rig but I regularly rotate various items(for metal and leather color) except for the phone and the mints.








post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by contactme_11
I'm just curious as to what you guys carry on your person on a regular basis for accessories. Such as watches/ pocket watches, tie clasps/ clips/ pins, money clip, jewelry, fancy knife, hankerchief, or anything else. Please tell...

Rotary mechanical wristwatch or 1930s J.W. Benson silver half-hunter, wedding, claddagh and St. Katherine (seal) rings, 2 pocket handkerchiefs, mobile telephone, silver cigarette case which serves as a wallet. Very occasionally a collar pin also. If I am going out to dinner I may take a silver napkin holder and a vesta case/cigar cutter.
post #8 of 12
1940s 18kt C.H.Meylan wristwatch Sheaffer Balance Oversize in Marine Green fountain pen circa 1933 Asprey crocodile & gold wallet circa 1930 Motorolla black Razr portable telephone Auto keys Cutler & Gross black sunglasses 19th century Austro-Hungarian signet ring & thin English Georgian period rock crystal band
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing
1940s 18kt C.H.Meylan wristwatch
Sheaffer Balance Oversize in Marine Green fountain pen circa 1933
Asprey crocodile & gold wallet circa 1930
Motorolla black Razr portable telephone
Auto keys
Cutler & Gross black sunglasses
19th century Austro-Hungarian signet ring & thin English Georgian period rock crystal band


LK, The Razor is so incongruous to your whole kit, may I suggest a more classical phone.




I'm certain that it can be retrofitted as a portable or at least a car phone. Think about it.
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasso
LK, The Razor is so incongruous to your whole kit, may I suggest a more classical phone. I'm certain that it can be retrofitted as a portable or at least a car phone. Think about it.
The Japanese have developed this digital Rolleiflex, which looks exactly like the TLR of yesteryear; perhaps, I could compell them to devise a celluar phone that looks like a bakelite phone from the '40s. The nice thing about Japanese technology is that they are willing to embrace older dynamics while respecting the historical tradition at the same time unlike Occidental mainstream viewpoints.
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing
The Japanese have developed this digital Rolleiflex, which looks exactly like the TLR of yesteryear; perhaps, I could compell them to devise a celluar phone that looks like a bakelite phone from the '40s.
LK, do you know there are recievers available that can be plugged into mobile phones?
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by muelleran
LK, do you know there are recievers available that can be plugged into mobile phones?


What pocket can you put that??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › formal clothes accessories