or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Doctor Who
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Doctor Who - Page 10

post #136 of 338
Cool trailer. Even though he doesn't get much love, I'm still a big fan of Eccleston's Dr.
post #137 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Cool trailer. Even though he doesn't get much love, I'm still a big fan of Eccleston's Dr.


I couldn't do it. Tried to, but just couldn't get myself to watch his season. It just looked like a completely different show to me. In a negative way. At least the 10th Doctor's production values start to pick up after his first season.
post #138 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

I couldn't do it. Tried to, but just couldn't get myself to watch his season. It just looked like a completely different show to me. In a negative way. At least the 10th Doctor's production values start to pick up after his first season.

Its because you started backwards. They brought him in first to reboot the whole thing. At the time is was a revelation and his acting was phenomenal. Even Rose was bearable.
post #139 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Its because you started backwards. They brought him in first to reboot the whole thing. At the time is was a revelation and his acting was phenomenal. Even Rose was bearable.


Oh, I am aware I don't have the history with him. If I did, I might feel otherwise. I will say that I didn't care for David at first either, but quickly grew to like his Doctor a lot.

Couldn't stand Rose and was glad when she got replaced.
post #140 of 338

Love the tenth doctor, David Tennant. And Weeping Angel really scared me...the favorite monster tho. 

post #141 of 338
Weeping Angels are unique and a testament to the the creative ability of those behind the show. They never scared me in the least, but I do find the concept interesting. Apparently The Ponds' final episode with the Doctor will center around them.
post #142 of 338
I love how the Angels' first story ends with a perfectly gratuitous montage of statuary just to scare the daylights out of the little ones.

Daleks are still the show's greatest monster. They're often ill-used, but the design is phenomenal. Really an accomplishment for a kids' program on a BBC budget in 1963. Says something that the new versions almost 50 years later can't hold a candle to the original.

The early days of Who saw some amazing creativity and design.
post #143 of 338
I know, the Daleks are awesome. My friend called it best when he said they look like evil cappuccino machines from space. The voice characteristics just puts them over the top.

You guys ready for the spin-off mini web series, POND LIFE? Sounds fun, but I am glad they are only doing a small handful of episodes. It really doesn't sound like something that should be it's own thing outside of being a fun promotion for the main series.
post #144 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

Weeping Angels are unique and a testament to the the creative ability of those behind the show. They never scared me in the least, but I do find the concept interesting. Apparently The Ponds' final episode with the Doctor will center around them.

"Blink" is the rebooted series best episode for me. Sheer brilliance.
post #145 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1 View Post


"Blink" is the rebooted series best episode for me. Sheer brilliance.

Isn't it! I even worry about it when I have to wash my face! What if I open my eyes and see an angel in front of me! I'm so chicken-hearted.

post #146 of 338
Pond Life: Episode 1 is now online.

post #147 of 338
I love Smith, but, boy, they need to ease up on the zany.
post #148 of 338
I'm ok with the level of "zany" the Smith's series typically has, but didn't care for the hip-hop scene. That's not so much a statement against this show. as I have never cared for joke wherever it shows up. Hopefully it's a quick bit and not a large part of the story for the episode.

What surprised me what that it was a minute long and had the Ponds in it for what? Ten seconds, tops? What's the point of calling this web series "Pond's Life" if it's about the Doctor and not the Ponds?

I hope they figure out a way to bring back Canton this series. He was one of my favorite new characters last year. Not sure how they could work him in, but hopefully they figure something out.
post #149 of 338
Pond Life Episode 2 just hit the web. I really will miss these two when they leave the show later this year.

post #150 of 338
I'm assuming the hip-hop scene was just a throwaway joke and won't be in any of the episodes. As jokes go, it was pretty poor.

The new one is much better than the first.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Doctor Who