or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Random Food Questions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random Food Questions Thread - Page 3

post #31 of 7365
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by romafan View Post

I was answering this:


Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post
random stupid food question: what is a good non-grill way to cook a sausage? I brought home some good stuff but I'm still not sure of the best way to cook it properly. And Pio's thread is too long.
post #32 of 7365
Thread Starter 
Do Italians pronounce it broo-shetta or broo-sketta?
post #33 of 7365
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
Do Italians pronounce it broo-shetta or broo-sketta?

Neither, but the latter has the consonants correct (elaborated answer: long ou-vowels generally only occur when they're stressed when they're near some liquid consonants (cf. brutto).
post #34 of 7365
GF pronounces it broo-sketta. how long will pancetta keep in the fridge?
post #35 of 7365
A long time. Longer if you keep it in the freezer. It is cured.
post #36 of 7365
I have some sirloin tips. How to cook (tonight)?
post #37 of 7365
Thread Starter 
Do you live somewhere where it's warm enough to grill?
I would marinate them in a mixture of red wine vinegar, oil, garlic, onion, and basil, for only about 2 hours. Then toss it on a super hot grill to cook it.
Serve it with grilled jalapeno polenta cakes and a tomato/asparagus/basil salad. that sounds good.
post #38 of 7365
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post
GF pronounces it broo-sketta.




how long will pancetta keep in the fridge?

You're lucky you live somewhere you can buy good pancetta. I have to make my own from scratch
post #39 of 7365
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
Do you live somewhere where it's warm enough to grill?
I would marinate them in a mixture of red wine vinegar, oil, garlic, onion, and basil, for only about 2 hours. Then toss it on a super hot grill to cook it.
Serve it with grilled jalapeno polenta cakes and a tomato/asparagus/basil salad. that sounds good.

I don't have a grill. Could I use a skillet?
post #40 of 7365
Thread Starter 
Fo shizzle dizzle
post #41 of 7365
I am making Brioche. They say the dough is supposed to be sticky but pull back into shape when stretched. Mine hasn't gotten much less sticky since I finished kneading the butter in, so it is a bit too stuck to the counter to really pull back into shape. Should I just add extra flour or just put in the bowl and let it rise?
post #42 of 7365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
You're lucky you live somewhere you can buy good pancetta. I have to make my own from scratch

The big store in the plaza with Louis Vuitton has nothing?





thread question: will cooked mussels last in the fridge?
post #43 of 7365
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeirpont View Post
I am making Brioche. They say the dough is supposed to be sticky but pull back into shape when stretched. Mine hasn't gotten much less sticky since I finished kneading the butter in, so it is a bit too stuck to the counter to really pull back into shape. Should I just add extra flour or just put in the bowl and let it rise?

Just put it in the bowl. Remember to use bench flour to avoid adhesion next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post
thread question: will cooked mussels last in the fridge?

Yes. They'll probably get funky after a day or so.
post #44 of 7365
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post
Just put it in the bowl. Remember to use bench flour to avoid adhesion next time.

Thank you, Sir.
post #45 of 7365
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post
The big store in the plaza with Louis Vuitton has nothing?





thread question: will cooked mussels last in the fridge?
No. I mean, a few hours or so or a day, but you generally don't want to be storing bivalves too long if they aren't alive.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Random Food Questions Thread