or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion - Page 61

post #901 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeharo View Post
The fit is pretty standard - I'm a 38 sportcoat/32 waist/15 neck and the medium is a comfy fit. You may want to size down if you want a tighter fit but I went with medium for the comfy fall sweater feel.

What size button down do you normally wear from J Crew? I wear smalls in their button downs but have never tried on one of their sweaters or anything else to compare sizes...I'm around a 38/31/14.5 and am having trouble deciding between the small or medium.
post #902 of 2686
Whoops, accidentally posted in the J Crew SS thread. Just wanted to know if anyone had better pics of the nailhead utility shirt. I can't really tell what the fabric is like, it looks like bleached corduroy.
post #903 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHighpost View Post
Sherpa hoodies for $98? Has it always been this expensive or did they increase the price this f/w season?

They ususally always start around 98 but go on sale at a decent rate.
post #904 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by tit_tyrant View Post
What size button down do you normally wear from J Crew? I wear smalls in their button downs but have never tried on one of their sweaters or anything else to compare sizes...I'm around a 38/31/14.5 and am having trouble deciding between the small or medium.

I bought the fair isle sweater and rustico tweed. I'm 39' chest, 31 waist, and 14.5 neck. I also wear a small in botton downs. The small is pretty tight around the neck, and fairly slim throughout the body and arms. I think I could fit a shirt underneath though.
post #905 of 2686
I just picked up the fair isle - been waiting on it for months. Brooks brothers has the perfect fair isle (a bit more traditional), but it is only available as a vest. Ralph will surely have some great ones as well, but at higher price points.
post #906 of 2686
anyone know what the deal is with this navy herringbone sportcoat?



it says its a new arrival but i swear i was looking at it not 3 days after it first went up online and only 2 sizes were available, and today just 1. did this really sell out that fast or what?

edit- looks like the last size just sold out as I was typing this; i've never seen something sell out so fast from them (its been online less than a week). bummer.
post #907 of 2686
Nice looking jacket.
post #908 of 2686
What size are you looking for in the Navy herringbone sportcoat?

I got one as a gift after I had bought one myself so I have an extra 40R if you are interested.

I am returning it this weekend so let me know.
post #909 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphextwin07 View Post
anyone know what the deal is with this navy herringbone sportcoat?


it says its a new arrival but i swear i was looking at it not 3 days after it first went up online and only 2 sizes were available, and today just 1. did this really sell out that fast or what?

edit- looks like the last size just sold out as I was typing this; i've never seen something sell out so fast from them (its been online less than a week). bummer.

If my memory is correct, the buffalo plaid cardigan sold out quite quickly last year (I think just a few days) but a few pieces did randomly show up during the sale period a few months later. Plus, I would think that they do multiple production runs on many of the items . So, there still may be hope.
post #910 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by grundletaint View Post
where, in the catalog, does the coupon happen (when it does)?

Jcrew tracks everything, basically only people who spend a lotttt of money get sent these 20% coupons along with their catalogs. Basically its jcrew trying to get you to spend more money. So if you didn't get a coupon, you don't spend enough.
post #911 of 2686
is it printed in the catalog or an insert, or what???
post #912 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by fueledbynewjersey View Post
Jcrew tracks everything, basically only people who spend a lotttt of money get sent these 20% coupons along with their catalogs. Basically its jcrew trying to get you to spend more money. So if you didn't get a coupon, you don't spend enough.

There are people who barely spent anything there and have gotten them. I doubt they only give them to big spenders. Shoot, even Ive got one and I barely buy anything there.
post #913 of 2686
its an insert. sometimes its only a coupon that can be used in store sometimes it can only be used online.
post #914 of 2686
I saw a grey J Crew suit in Winners yesterday for $160. Too small for me, but it was cool seeing it there since J Crew isn't available in Canada.
post #915 of 2686
I have gotten 20% coupon in all the catalogs I've received. I have been looking at getting a pair of Alden Indy boots lately and I just had to see if the coupon works for those. Details on the coupon say it does not work for third party merchandise but it works for the Aldens. Now I need to decide If I want to spend the money for the Aldens and the fair isle sweater, 20% off. Still a good chunk of change.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion