or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion - Page 138

post #2056 of 2686
Thanks for the responses! I live in Northern California, so it doesn't get that cold, but does get rainy. I do plan on using this jacket year round. The Cadet jacket seems like it will work, but the Fatigue has a hood which is a added bonus. Both are on sale.

Can anyone with the fatigue chime in?


Quote:
Originally Posted by corsairjuly View Post
The Cadet jacket is a very lightweight jacket, and isn't as slim as I'd like for it to be. The shoulders fit me fine, but it's a bit looser in the body than I'd like.

Not bad for a breezy autumn day, but definitely not for winter, depending on where you live.

Additionally, I picked up the one in black, and it's been steadily fading into this dark green color. Kind of interesting.
post #2057 of 2686
just got the authentic pea coat with the 30% off and free shipping. the thing is atrocious. i expected better for the price that they charge. even the crappy kenneth cole one i used to own for ~$100 was higher quality than this. body was too loose, and arms were too short, even though a sales rep told me it was a slimmer fit. it felt cheap and like cardboard.
post #2058 of 2686
I love my j. crew peacoat. I think it's pretty awesome. I was comparing it with an authentic (Navy) jacket some guy at my gf's work was wearing. His was bulky by comparison, and he liked the details mine has.
post #2059 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I love my j. crew peacoat. I think it's pretty awesome. I was comparing it with an authentic (Navy) jacket some guy at my gf's work was wearing. His was bulky by comparison, and he liked the details mine has.

+1

I've tried on many a peacoat and J. Crew fit the best.
post #2060 of 2686
Same I like my J Crew peacoat. The sleeves were short for me but that doesnt make it a bad peacoat and I just extended the sleeves by a tailor. Simple enough. It's perfect now. Ninja maybe you have the wrong size.
post #2061 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOT Sriracha View Post
Thanks for the responses! I live in Northern California, so it doesn't get that cold, but does get rainy. I do plan on using this jacket year round. The Cadet jacket seems like it will work, but the Fatigue has a hood which is a added bonus. Both are on sale. Can anyone with the fatigue chime in?
I'm in N.Cal myself when I'm not in school and either will work. Just depends if you want a hood.
post #2062 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post
Same I like my J Crew peacoat. The sleeves were short for me but that doesnt make it a bad peacoat and I just extended the sleeves by a tailor. Simple enough. It's perfect now.

Ninja maybe you have the wrong size.

my other pea coat is a large, but it's fitted (not really slim, but somewhere between slim and regular). it fits me well. this thing is medium, and it feels like i am wearing a potato sack. the body part was very loose. i'd say by a couple of inches. i was thinking of trying for a small, but the sleeves on the medium are already short, and feel tight in the arm holes when i hold my arms parallel to my body, so i can't see how a the small would help. like i said, i am not pleased with the overall quality of the coat, so it will be going back. like i said - i expected more for what they charge for this coat.
post #2063 of 2686
has anyone tried shortening the length of the peacoat? i got a small and the shoulders fit perfectly, body is a bit loose and length is a little long. Should I just get an XS? Maybe that will cut down on tailoring costs? Just worrying the shoulders won't fit... Also, I didnt know the pockets were sewed shut...
post #2064 of 2686
any news on new oxfords?
post #2065 of 2686
Just picked up the Mayfair topcoat today in black. Got it for the 30% off price plus an addtional 20% off they are doing in texas today. Total came out to $213. Not a bad deal at all.
post #2066 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPirate View Post
i expected more for what they charge for this X.

That sums up my few encounters with JCrew and why I'm done with them.
post #2067 of 2686
Picked up the brown Field Mechanics jacket, it's really nice. I got it for $135 (after 30% + 25% off) at the Men's Shop in Boston. It's lined with Thermore Ecodown and it was surprisingly warm considering how thin the jacket is compared to a standard insulated jacket; was able to stay relatively warm with a thin button down underneath in 26 degree weather
post #2068 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by david3558 View Post
Picked up the brown Field Mechanics jacket, it's really nice. I got it for $135 (after 30% + 25% off) at the Men's Shop in Boston. It's lined with Thermore Ecodown and it was surprisingly warm considering how thin the jacket is compared to a standard insulated jacket; was able to stay relatively warm with a thin button down underneath in 26 degree weather

Any idea until when this sale will last?
post #2069 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsallen10 View Post
has anyone tried shortening the length of the peacoat? i got a small and the shoulders fit perfectly, body is a bit loose and length is a little long. Should I just get an XS? Maybe that will cut down on tailoring costs? Just worrying the shoulders won't fit...

Also, I didnt know the pockets were sewed shut...

i hope you can because I plan on doing it this weekend. The only problem I see coming up is if you shorten it too much it'll look weird in comparison to button placement. I had to buy the large cause my shoulders and arms didn't fit in medium with a sweater on. With the L, the chest is a little loose and like you said length is too long.
post #2070 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES View Post
Any idea until when this sale will last?

The outerwear sale ends tonight but I think the storewide 25% is still in effect. (Only sure of Boston's though)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion