or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › SD pickups
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SD pickups - Page 3

post #31 of 42
Jeffy,

I would try a warm wash. A wash for me always tends to shrink them a little more, but I would be hesitant to throw them in the dryer. It may not affect it much, but the stiffness may be lost. I guess if you do want to throw them in the dryer then you could starch the hell out of them and retain some of that stiffness.
post #32 of 42
Thread Starter 
I would go for fit over stiffness anytime. What good is the pair, if they fit kinda sloppy?
post #33 of 42
my samurai s0505XX shrank to tagged size. I have read on Samurai's messageboard that the s5000's run 2 cm bigger than tagged, but this is the first time I heard this so I will not draw a conclusion before I have my pair!
post #34 of 42
It just depends on the fit you want. I should've downsized an inch I think. Jinx, judging by the types of other jeans you have, having perused your blog a bit, I would say you'd want to do the same. I may just dry them...I suppose, at worst, they'll end up in "one-wash" form. I just got some denimes in one-wash, and they were definitely too soft, but I just liquid starched them, so now they should fall how I want them to. Either way, the Samurais are going to still have the best denim I've ever seen, whether they be hard as rocks or a little softer. I'd pick fit over form any day as well, but the amount of stiffness of the denim does change the fit.
post #35 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by digital_denim
I would go for fit over stiffness anytime. What good is the pair, if they fit kinda sloppy?

true.
post #36 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffVyain
It just depends on the fit you want. I should've downsized an inch I think. Jinx, judging by the types of other jeans you have, having perused your blog a bit, I would say you'd want to do the same. I may just dry them...I suppose, at worst, they'll end up in "one-wash" form. I just got some denimes in one-wash, and they were definitely too soft, but I just liquid starched them, so now they should fall how I want them to. Either way, the Samurais are going to still have the best denim I've ever seen, whether they be hard as rocks or a little softer. I'd pick fit over form any day as well, but the amount of stiffness of the denim does change the fit.

Yeah, I did order a 29 instead of 30, maybe I should've gotten a 28 though? We'll see.
post #37 of 42
i always size down 2 and stretch it.
post #38 of 42
With unsanforized denim I typically buy the jeans with just a little movement in the waist... about .5 to 1" too big. Then after a nice warm or cold soak they will shrink to a snug almost tight fit and then stretch back out in a few days.

HorriblyJollyJinx,

How big were your s0505s on you before the warm soak? Did they shrink a lot and then stretch back out?
post #39 of 42
my 505 was size 30 and measured exactly to tag size i think. and now stretched to 32, no cold soak. straight rigid and raw. im normally a 32.
post #40 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrswitch
With unsanforized denim I typically buy the jeans with just a little movement in the waist... about .5 to 1" too big. Then after a nice warm or cold soak they will shrink to a snug almost tight fit and then stretch back out in a few days.

HorriblyJollyJinx,

How big were your s0505s on you before the warm soak? Did they shrink a lot and then stretch back out?

They shrunk to tag size(30) and now they have stretched to 31.5" or 32".
post #41 of 42
hey hjj your waist size is a 30 right?
post #42 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentea
hey hjj your waist size is a 30 right?

I measure 32" at the point where I wear my jeans, right on the hip bones or whatever they're called.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › SD pickups