or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Syriana - Page 2

post #16 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
I liked "I think we've got something that utilizes your specific skillset."


--- That's what I always say before I send my assassin on his mission.

From my understanding this is one of the most common ways to kill someone as it is tasteless and takes a few day to take affect allowing the infiltrator to escape while achieving his mission
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_cap
post #17 of 29
I finally saw this movie. Absolutely fantastic, it was really enjoyable.

The torture scene almost made me gag.
post #18 of 29
I think if we turn on the news or review recent political history, wed see that the US state as a whole (as well as others) does far far worse things, in plain sight for the whole world to see.
post #19 of 29
Seems to me that "Kingdom of Heaven" - which I will not see - is desperately grasping for Syriana's level of acute complexity and perceptiveness, and probably falling far short of it.
post #20 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augusto86 View Post
Seems to me that "Kingdom of Heaven" - which I will not see - is desperately grasping for Syriana's level of acute complexity and perceptiveness, and probably falling far short of it.

Yeah, but I hear Jamie Foxx's portrayal of the blind FBI agent is incredible.
post #21 of 29
You're talking about The Kingdom...wasn't Kingdom of Heavan a crusades movie with that elf dude?
post #22 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdc_2008 View Post
You're talking about The Kingdom...wasn't Kingdom of Heavan a crusades movie with that elf dude?

Right you are. Shows you how much attention I paid.
post #23 of 29
I thought Syriana was stupid. It ws very believable how Matt Damon became the defacto economic adviser to the future king And the last scene with George Clooney also made a lot of sense.
post #24 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augusto86 View Post
Seems to me that "Kingdom of Heaven" - which I will not see - is desperately grasping for Syriana's level of acute complexity and perceptiveness, and probably falling far short of it.
Kingdom seems more of an action flick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
I thought Syriana was stupid. It ws very believable how Matt Damon became the defacto economic adviser to the future king And the last scene with George Clooney also made a lot of sense.
One of the more overrated movies I saw that year.
post #25 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
I thought Syriana was stupid. It ws very believable how Matt Damon became the defacto economic adviser to the future king And the last scene with George Clooney also made a lot of sense.

I sort of agree. Make a choppy, hard-to-follow movie with jumps in the plot, then say: "See, aren't these issues complicated?"
post #26 of 29
I didn't think it was particularly hard to follow. Then again, I'm smarter than all of you jerkoffs.
post #27 of 29
Maybe it's one of those movies that makes more sense on the second viewing?
post #28 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by injung View Post
Maybe it's one of those movies that makes more sense on the second viewing?

No.
post #29 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augusto86 View Post
Seems to me that "Kingdom of Heaven" - which I will not see - is desperately grasping for Syriana's level of acute complexity and perceptiveness, and probably falling far short of it.
The Kingdom, which looks like fucking garbage, != Kingdom of Heaven, which you absolutely should see (director's cut only). It's not a documentary, but I am not unfamiliar with that period of history, and it is very good. As was Syriana, though I find the suggestion that "our government maybe functions like this because of a few bad apples" to be a hilarious misunderstanding of both reality and absolutely everything this movie is actually about.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home