Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread - Page 199

post #2971 of 3044

Thanks guys!

post #2972 of 3044

Fellow SF'ers, Toronto native here. I'm going to LA/Irvine area this Wednesday to Monday. Any shoe stores carrying St. C, JL, and the like you recommend I visit? 

Any awesome food recommendations are welcome as well.

post #2973 of 3044
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokb View Post

Fellow SF'ers, Toronto native here. I'm going to LA/Irvine area this Wednesday to Monday. Any shoe stores carrying St. C, JL, and the like you recommend I visit? 
Any awesome food recommendations are welcome as well.

Shop the Finest (LA)
John Lobb (South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa)

Best shoe place in LA used to be Leather Soul Beverly Hills but it closed down. It carried everything.
post #2974 of 3044

Taiwan Popcorn Chicken at 2224 Sawtelle, Part Two:

Had lunch there today.  Had Three Cup Chicken.  Since I had never heard of Three Cup Chicken before, I wanted to see what it was.

It was this.


I liked it, and ate everything in all three cups.  It was $8.95.  It comes with one more vegetable than in this picture, but since I don't like that vegetable, I asked them to hold it, and they did.

Here's what Taiwan Popcorn Chicken looks like inside.

post #2975 of 3044

Pine & Crane in Silver Lake makes a really good three cup chicken. No popcorn chicken though (I generally stick to bubble tea places for that)

post #2976 of 3044
Quote:
Originally Posted by momentoftruth View Post

Pine & Crane in Silver Lake makes a really good three cup chicken. No popcorn chicken though (I generally stick to bubble tea places for that)

Lao Tao has some good popcorn chicken (with a spicy kick) if you're around Chinatown. That whole plaza is blowing up...BaoHaus, Howlin' Rays, Checgo, etc
post #2977 of 3044

It's very important to eat a balanced diet.

Around noon, had hot cocoa and a (really big and thick) chocolate chip cookie at the Disney Studio Store and Ghirardelli Chocolate Soda Fountain next to the El Capitan theater in Hollywood.


Around four hours later, had Truffle Fries and champagne at Ollie's Duck & Dive in Malibu.


I will try to eat a balanced diet tomorrow.

post #2978 of 3044
Anyone able to pickup and proxy to UK from union Black Friday sale this Friday?
post #2979 of 3044


Hey gang, we're having our annual-ish Put This On sale today. It's at our office in the American Cement Building, next to MacArthur Park. We'll have our handmade pocket squares and handkerchiefs for bargain prices, plus our scarves and caps and most of all a TON of vintage accessories and gifts. So many beautiful cufflinks, stickpins, etc etc etc. I'll be there all day so come say hi.

11-4 today, Saturday, at 2404 Wilshire #9A, LA 90057.
post #2980 of 3044

Is there a good place in the LA area to try on/buy some Vibergs IRL? 

post #2981 of 3044
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknotion View Post
 

Is there a good place in the LA area to try on/buy some Vibergs IRL? 


I think 3Sixteen in DTLA Arts District is the only place now.  I'm not sure what sizes they have - you should call them or email to find out.  Mohawk General Store used to stock some but they haven't carried any in a while.

post #2982 of 3044
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlchau View Post
 


I think 3Sixteen in DTLA Arts District is the only place now.  I'm not sure what sizes they have - you should call them or email to find out.  Mohawk General Store used to stock some but they haven't carried any in a while.

Thanks. Want to check out the new 3Sixteen space when I'm in town anyway.

post #2983 of 3044

does anyone have a recommendation for a reliable tailor in the south bay area (torrance, the beach cities)?  

 

ideally, i hope it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.  having lived in nyc, i'm used to getting the sleeves (non-functional buttons) and hems shortened for about $40-50, but i heard some of the places in south bay could cost upwards $100-$150 dollars...

post #2984 of 3044
Any house owners in Los Angeles County? Just bought a home in Westchester and I am trying to figure out how to register and pay for trash. I can't fin it anywhere. Or maybe it isn't clearly stated like Water, Electric, and Gas.
post #2985 of 3044
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorman View Post

does anyone have a recommendation for a reliable tailor in the south bay area (torrance, the beach cities)?  

ideally, i hope it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.  having lived in nyc, i'm used to getting the sleeves (non-functional buttons) and hems shortened for about $40-50, but i heard some of the places in south bay could cost upwards $100-$150 dollars...
$100 to hem trousers is absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblisk View Post

Any house owners in Los Angeles County? Just bought a home in Westchester and I am trying to figure out how to register and pay for trash. I can't fin it anywhere. Or maybe it isn't clearly stated like Water, Electric, and Gas.
Probably LADWP, they handle municipal waste services for most of LA.
Sorry, I think I've always reached then theough the LADWP website but technically it's the Sanitation Dept. try here https://www.lacitysan.org/san/faces/home;jsessionid=DOP_LWGEiOcReqC5HiQ6jfdg5IcakjvyzjD87ctVnoETe9S991xN!-395322140!-1871668233?_adf.ctrl-state=pupmdz3y2_390&_afrLoop=10429593216867926&_afrWindowMode=0&_afrWindowId=null
Edited by lawyerdad - 12/14/16 at 1:16pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread