or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread - Page 181

post #2701 of 2982
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

Hi guys,

I'm looking to get a friend in LA a Christmas present. Thinking about a $150 gift certificate to a restaurant, ideally something near Silverlake or Monterey Park (witihin 30 min drive, anyway)

Unfortunately, I don't know the area well and was wondering if anyone had a recommendation? From Googling around, I saw some recommendations for Bestia, but don't know if that's a good or bad option.

FWIW, the couple has kids. Might be good to get a place that's kid friendly, but I assume if the spot is good enough, they can also just get a babysitter.

Any suggestions?

(cc'ing @foodguy since he knows this topic well)

 

I'm late to the party, but try Alimento or Cliff's Edge in Silverlake. Night + Market Song is also great. Probably one of the more popular spots in LA recently.

post #2702 of 2982
Agree with Alimento. Excellent spot, very low key, but they do everything so well. Best Fried Chicken sandwich ever by the way.
post #2703 of 2982
Thanks for the tip love me a good fried chicken sandwich.
post #2704 of 2982

http://la.eater.com/maps/best-fried-chicken-sandwiches-los-angeles-map-guide

 

I've only had Plan Check and Son of a Gun.  Been meaning to try Free Range LA since the truck is always near me.

post #2705 of 2982
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlchau View Post

http://la.eater.com/maps/best-fried-chicken-sandwiches-los-angeles-map-guide

I've only had Plan Check and Son of a Gun.  Been meaning to try Free Range LA since the truck is always near me.

BOOM! Alimento #1. They call it a Chicken Milanese Sandwich, don't really get the Italian spin on it but it is so fucking good. Been there twice, each time we have ordered two of them.

Desserts at Alimento are ehhhh, nothing special. Go across the street to Milk for some bomb dessert.
post #2706 of 2982
I've had sog a few times love it. Second place is bandera in newport, not sure if brentwood has it but it's pretty damn good. Only problem is it's sort of on a roll and they cut it into 3 pieces. Also it has cheese which I don't generally prefer on fried chicken but it somehow works. The sog is better though and when I have the alimento I will report back, can't wait. Free range I heard is mostly looks and lacks some flavor.
post #2707 of 2982

Bird N Hand on Fairfax was so f'ing good. One of the best chicken sandwiches I've ever had (even coming GA where we eat fried chicken 3 meals a day). I'm pissed they closed, although it was kind of hard to ever find them open even before they closed. I was talking to the lady that ran it one time though, and got the feeling their main focus was catering down the street at CBS and the restaurant was more of a side gig.

post #2708 of 2982

I had the Grilled Chicken 'N Brie sandwich at Joe's Cafe in Granada Hills, and it was amazing. An added bonus is that they serve Intelligentsia Coffee. Great little place:

 

http://www.joescafegh.com/index.html

post #2709 of 2982
Quote:
Originally Posted by justridiculous View Post

I had the Grilled Chicken 'N Brie sandwich at Joe's Cafe in Granada Hills, and it was amazing. An added bonus is that they serve Intelligentsia Coffee. Great little place:

http://www.joescafegh.com/index.html

Good intel, but I trust you're not under the impression that a grilled chicken sandwich has anything to do with a fried chicken sammie. cheers.gif
post #2710 of 2982
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post


Good intel, but I trust you're not under the impression that a grilled chicken sandwich has anything to do with a fried chicken sammie. cheers.gif


No sir, I wouldn't dare make that mistake.

post #2711 of 2982
Are there other shops in LA along similar lines to RRL, Tradesman, Self Edge, and Mr. Freedom? Are there any shops that carry The Real McCoy stuff? Or Velva Sheen?
post #2712 of 2982
Fried chicken sammich at plan check is pretty good, the ham on it is fucking excellent.
post #2713 of 2982
Quote:
Originally Posted by avera View Post

Are there other shops in LA along similar lines to RRL, Tradesman, Self Edge, and Mr. Freedom? Are there any shops that carry The Real McCoy stuff? Or Velva Sheen?

I don't think anyone carries Real McCoy's in LA though I've heard rumblings of them thinking about an LA flagship. Steven Alan has Velva Sheen.
post #2714 of 2982
Was finally able to transfer back to LA. Office is in Westwood. Jeezus, a 2bedroom around the area is around 2700-3000
post #2715 of 2982
Quote:
Originally Posted by djblisk View Post

Was finally able to transfer back to LA. Office is in Westwood. Jeezus, a 2bedroom around the area is around 2700-3000
Counter-intuitively you can probably do better than that in Beverly Hills.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread