or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread - Page 179

post #2671 of 3008

Argh. I wish it weren't in Costa Mesa! Why can't it be 5 minutes from my house or office like all the other sample sales I go to?!

post #2672 of 3008

Lol i work in costa mesa... still didn't go. Don't need to be spending more money

post #2673 of 3008
We're having a Put This On holiday sale on Saturday. Discounts on everything. Vintage clothes, vintage gifts, pocket squares, scarves, and some miscellany. 10-4 at our office in the American Cement Building on MacArthur Park. I will be wearing a jumpsuit.
post #2674 of 3008

can someone share about his/her experience with the tanner goods pop-up sale at the ACE hotel? 

post #2675 of 3008
Had dinner at Restaurant at Mr. C the other night. Friend's assistant made the recommendation… I hate it when they do that. plain.gif

I mean it was good and very enjoyable, but there is a certain vibe and clientele in LA that seem to enjoy traveling back in time in conjunction with dining out. Nostalgia can be cool… eating in an Italian restaurant as if it's 1987 (I'm imagining what that would be like), not so much.

I had suggested Hinoki & the Bird, Providence, Crustacean, Republique and Fundamental in that general part of town. I was like … well fuck.
post #2676 of 3008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

Had dinner at Restaurant at Mr. C the other night. Friend's assistant made the recommendation… I hate it when they do that. plain.gif

I mean it was good and very enjoyable, but there is a certain vibe and clientele in LA that seem to enjoy traveling back in time in conjunction with dining out. Nostalgia can be cool… eating in an Italian restaurant as if it's 1987 (I'm imagining what that would be like), not so much.

I had suggested Hinoki & the Bird, Providence, Crustacean, Republique and Fundamental in that general part of town. I was like … well fuck.

This place is a block from my office. Really enjoy it for lunch. Good food, tasty real and non-alc cocktails, cool space.
post #2677 of 3008

We had lunch at Ocean Prime in Beverly Hills today.  I had chicken with ratatouille (which is what I always have there) and my friend had one of today's lunch specials, fettuccine pesto shrimp.  After I took this picture, one of my friend's friends joined us and she had the chop chop salad.  We all had champagne.

I never use the valet parking.   My friend's friend did, and she found out that it costs $10.00 (with validation).

http://www.ocean-prime.com/locations/beverly-hills


Since this is the Los Angeles Shopping + Dining thread, my function when shopping is, like Santa Claus, to carry the bag(s).


(Yes, you recognized it, that's Neiman Marcus, which I call "Needless Markup".)

post #2678 of 3008

how you manage to spend time in BH and not use valet is beyond me...

post #2679 of 3008
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post

how you manage to spend time in BH and not use valet is beyond me...

Parking's actually pretty easy in Beverly Hills if you're willing to walk more than a block. There are multiple small public lots. The main shopping/dining streets have lots of metered spots. Those get pretty crowded, but the turnover is pretty high. And while the residential areas surrounding the main shopping/dining streets mostly zone parking, folks without stickers are generally permitted for two hours or so.
post #2680 of 3008
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post
 

how you manage to spend time in BH and not use valet is beyond me...

there's plenty of parking 

post #2681 of 3008

just get dat electric car, and park in all the EV only spaces

post #2682 of 3008
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

This place is a block from my office. Really enjoy it for lunch. Good food, tasty real and non-alc cocktails, cool space.

I've been to Hinoki twice and loved it both times. It's a bit pricey, generally speaking, but high quality and yeah part of it is the location and the space. So you're in my neighborhood… didn't know you worked in CC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post

how you manage to spend time in BH and not use valet is beyond me...

Agreed with @lawyerdad There's plenty of parking in BH (was even there yesterday)… whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis? And by Willis I mean @StanleyVanBuren. tongue.gif


Somewhat random aside, but I'm headed to Groundwork Coffee in SaMo. I think there are a few around town, but it's a pretty decent little shop down on Montana.
post #2683 of 3008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

I've been to Hinoki twice and loved it both times. It's a bit pricey, generally speaking, but high quality and yeah part of it is the location and the space. So you're in my neighborhood… didn't know you worked in CC.

I work here:
post #2684 of 3008
Hi guys,

I'm looking to get a friend in LA a Christmas present. Thinking about a $150 gift certificate to a restaurant, ideally something near Silverlake or Monterey Park (witihin 30 min drive, anyway)

Unfortunately, I don't know the area well and was wondering if anyone had a recommendation? From Googling around, I saw some recommendations for Bestia, but don't know if that's a good or bad option.

FWIW, the couple has kids. Might be good to get a place that's kid friendly, but I assume if the spot is good enough, they can also just get a babysitter.

Any suggestions?

(cc'ing @foodguy since he knows this topic well)
post #2685 of 3008
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

Hi guys,

I'm looking to get a friend in LA a Christmas present. Thinking about a $150 gift certificate to a restaurant, ideally something near Silverlake or Monterey Park (witihin 30 min drive, anyway)

Unfortunately, I don't know the area well and was wondering if anyone had a recommendation? From Googling around, I saw some recommendations for Bestia, but don't know if that's a good or bad option.

FWIW, the couple has kids. Might be good to get a place that's kid friendly, but I assume if the spot is good enough, they can also just get a babysitter.

Any suggestions?

(cc'ing @foodguy since he knows this topic well)

Haven't made it to Bestia but people are generally very high on it.
Do you know anything about their food preferences? Near Monterey Park there are a lot of great Chinese or Southeast Asian choices. Closer to Silverlake and downtown LA you have (among other things) more western/American traditional and hipster foodie options.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread