or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread - Page 138

post #2056 of 2293
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramercyyork View Post

Ya, Shin Sen Gumi is a bit noisy.  My favorite yakitori in the area is Koshiji.  And the ramen they have is surprisingly good.
teh noisiness is exactly what i like about shin sen gumi (that and the pork belly wrapped around shiso). it's definitely not for everyone, but after a long week, nice place for a friday night. we always buy the staff a round of beers and boy, those little girls can drink.
post #2057 of 2293
I used to go to Shin Sen gumi M-Tu happy hour half price
post #2058 of 2293
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy View Post


teh noisiness is exactly what i like about shin sen gumi (that and the pork belly wrapped around shiso). it's definitely not for everyone, but after a long week, nice place for a friday night. we always buy the staff a round of beers and boy, those little girls can drink.

So true!  Yakitori and beer is a great way to end a day.

post #2059 of 2293
I'll be in LA for the BCS championship game and staying sort of near the airport. Any good stores in that area?
post #2060 of 2293
fuck the clothes go and kick it on abbott kinney, cop some grub at gjelina, tasting kitchen and stella rossa
post #2061 of 2293
Cool, will do.
post #2062 of 2293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat View Post

I'll be in LA for the BCS championship game and staying sort of near the airport. Any good stores in that area?

I wasn't intending to post on this thread to talk clothing, rather more about food.  But, we are a recent affiliate vendor and our shop is located about 15 mins from LAX.

 

8568 Washington Blvd

Culver City

 

I think it depends on where you are staying.  The game is at the Rose Bowl, so out there you do have Mohawk General, they have a lot of nice stuff.  If you have a car, that will obviously help with how much you can get around.  Someone suggested Abot Kinney and that's a good call cause you'll have a bunch of stores and restaurants all on one street.

post #2063 of 2293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat View Post

I'll be in LA for the BCS championship game and staying sort of near the airport. Any good stores in that area?

Nope. But Jet is right, Venice is only about 10-15 minutes away sans traffic. If it's not too late to change your hotel, do it. NOTHING to do/see by the airport
post #2064 of 2293
Yeah ditto what these guys are saying... The area immediately around LAX is meh. Head 15 minutes in almost any direction and you'll come away much happier with your LA experience.
post #2065 of 2293
Can you guys recommend some dope places around the greater LA or OC area that can accommodate vegans? I'm willing to go as far up as the calabasas area. Preferably a semi to quiet area so conversations can take place. Only parameter from me is no sushi, only cooked foods.

Thanks in advance.
post #2066 of 2293
I've heard good things about this place, never been though:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-vegan-house-hollywood
post #2067 of 2293
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

I've heard good things about this place, never been though:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-vegan-house-hollywood
Thanks dude. I talked to the girl and apparently a normal place is cool too. She will just skip the meats.
post #2068 of 2293
order a big juicy burger with extra bacon
Edited by jet - 12/31/13 at 11:34am
post #2069 of 2293
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

Can you guys recommend some dope places around the greater LA or OC area that can accommodate vegans? I'm willing to go as far up as the calabasas area. Preferably a semi to quiet area so conversations can take place. Only parameter from me is no sushi, only cooked foods.

Thanks in advance.

Cafe Gratitude in Larchmont Village and Flore Vegan in Silverlake are my favorites.
post #2070 of 2293
Soul bowl @ that other vegan spot in silver lake is amazing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread