• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Benjamin Lucente Suit: Fit Pics

nytek

Reaction score
There seems to be a lack of pictures for this suit, so here goes:

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
Thanks for posting, as I've been considering these suits. In addition to the pictures, can you write a quick review? How do you feel about the fit, material, overall quality/value etc.

Thanks in advance.

EZ

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mainy
would be better without the pick stitching all over it
ffffuuuu.gif

+1

Nice looking suit; shame about the egregious overuse of pick stiching.

Matt S

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mainy
would be better without the pick stitching all over it
ffffuuuu.gif

I agree. The pick stitching is too noticeable. It looks alright, but it would look much better if the button stance were an inch or 2 lower. Most people aren't built for the high button stance that the Benjamin suits have.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think it looks great - maybe I'm slightly biased though
smile.gif

Regarding the pick-stitching - I would venture to say that it is not nearly that obvious in real life. Perhaps the OP or others who have purchased the Benjamin suits can chime in with their own thoughts/opinions, but the I would say the pick stitching is actually quite subtle. Perhaps it is the lighting and/or the macro setting of the camera to make the detail pop? Anyway I honestly think the suit looks and appears to fit beautifully - enjoy it and thanks for posting!

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt S
I agree. The pick stitching is too noticeable. It looks alright, but it would look much better if the button stance were an inch or 2 lower. Most people aren't built for the high button stance that the Benjamin suits have.

Agreed on the stiching. Slight hijack - what do you feel is the best build for a higher (or lower) button stance? Realize it's a bit subjective, just curious.

EZ

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt S

New model later this year with button stance 1" lower. 2" lower is way too low... we toyed around with it and finalized the model - going into production later this Spring/Summer. And again - I don't think the pick-stitching is nearly that noticeable in reality - any others who have purchased/seen the garment agree or disagree?

Matt S

Reaction score
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher
New model later this year with button stance 1" lower. 2" lower is way too low... we toyed around with it and finalized the model - going into production later this Spring/Summer. And again - I don't think the pick-stitching is nearly that noticeable in reality - any others who have purchased/seen the garment agree or disagree?

I've edited the picture to see what it would look like with a button stance close to the waist.

2livu2t.jpg

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
^ I like that much better. Glad to hear a model is coming out with a lower stance. If I do decide to purchase, I'll wait until then.

EZ.

Matt S

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EZETHATSME
Agreed on the stiching. Slight hijack - what do you feel is the best build for a higher (or lower) button stance? Realize it's a bit subjective, just curious.

EZ

The fastening button should be at the waist, which is around the halfway point from top to bottom. A person with a higher waist can wear a higher button stance.

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EZETHATSME
Slight hijack - what do you feel is the best build for a higher (or lower) button stance? Realize it's a bit subjective, just curious.

To the contrary, it's not subjective at all. A single-breasted suit should button at the waist, which the narrowest part of the torso. (Finding the waist is a bit more complicated for overweight men.) If your waist is higher than average, it requires a higher button stance. If it is lower than average, it requires a lower button stance. Naturally, the waistband of the trousers should sit at the waist. This is the simplest thing in the world, yet seems to be unusually difficult to understand.

For instance, my waist is several inches above my navel. Thus, I need a higher button stance on jackets and a higher rise on trousers.

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply, amplified. I'm still learning a great deal (with much more to go) and this helps. Sorry for the hijack, everyone. Back to the suit...

EZ

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads