or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Why does your college experience sound much better than mine?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why does your college experience sound much better than mine? - Page 3

post #31 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhood View Post
I'm working a 50 hour week and trying to finish my course a year earlier than everyone else. As I type this i'm alone in a house that is usually filled with 57 people, they're all at home for Easter with their families and I'm setting my alarm so that I can be at work at 8:30am. All I know is that when my neighbours are having their liver transplants in 10 years, I'll be driving by the hospital in a Porsche
I'd choose the liver transplant...
post #32 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhood View Post
I'm working a 50 hour week and trying to finish my course a year earlier than everyone else. As I type this i'm alone in a house that is usually filled with 57 people, they're all at home for Easter with their families and I'm setting my alarm so that I can be at work at 8:30am. All I know is that when my neighbours are having their liver transplants in 10 years, I'll be driving by the hospital in a Porsche
I partied a ton but still qualified for the latter. There is a middle ground between homeless cirrhosis and Bill Gates, after all.
post #33 of 105
My university experience was quite tame as well...couple parties here and there, few random hook-ups but nothing to write home about. I spent most of my time going home (only 40 mins away) because that's where all my friends lived and they were super lame and didn't want to make the drive to me. But I'm sure that attributed to the fact that my college friend circle was so small = boring experience. My fault.

Fortunately for me (and creepily so) I've been catching up on my "college experience"days only years later. I graduated in 2004, but I've since been involved in various volunteer programs and a theater group (that I was into while in college) so I've been meeting a truck-load of new people, partying, and doing all that...getting the college experience I skipped out on. So I'm that creepy 27 year old partying with all the 21-23 year olds (and sometimes younger. OK, a lot of times younger). Yeah, I admit it. Creep City 2000.
post #34 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listi View Post

I mean... I've done stupid shit with random chicks, gotten wasted in an engineering class, gotten kicked out of clubs, had my house set on fire, shotgunned beers on the roof of a 5 story building, wore some girl's heels at a party, been kicked out of a fast-food establishment, made out with someone while dressed as Jesus, sang countless drunk ballads, watched someone get branded, drank a flask of scotch while sitting in the front row of the largest class in school, participated in a 7000 person street party etc. etc. etc.


This should make the OP feel much better. Everything in the list is lame and self-induced except for making out with chicks or partying with 7000 people. You want a crazy story to tell about shotgunning beers on the roof of a 5 story building? Guess what you need to do? Find a 5-story building, go to the roof, and shotgun a beer. Next, wear some high heels.
post #35 of 105
I was voted "best looking" in my coed residence hall now I hate my face. Curse the gods!
post #36 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityHunter View Post
Fortunately for me (and creepily so) I've been catching up on my "college experience"days only years later. I graduated in 2004, but I've since been involved in various volunteer programs and a theater group (that I was into while in college) so I've been meeting a truck-load of new people, partying, and doing all that...getting the college experience I skipped out on. So I'm that creepy 27 year old partying with all the 21-23 year olds (and sometimes younger. OK, a lot of times younger). Yeah, I admit it. Creep City 2000.
I think the creepiness factor only comes in when you actively try to be like or fit in with the younger kids. If you're just running into them at clubs or parties unassociated with the school, it's fair game and there's been worse besides a 27 year old hitting on a 19 year old. And it's also funny how if you're good-looking and stylish, society will probably let you get away with anything (no one scoffs at george clooney's dates, and that codger's like 50 years old!).
post #37 of 105
Mine was also like yours OP. I was in a tough program with very smart people so had to study very hard very frequently. I did go to parties enough to satisfy myself, and had a couple gfs but otherwise, I don't look back on those days as something I want to re-live.

Mind you, having done well in school, I got some very good jobs (i.e. good pay) and had a blast in my mid-20's. I'm now in my 30's with a family and I still look forward (not back) so that makes me very happy.
post #38 of 105
meh, I had more fun out of college than I did in it. Still, I'm not whining, I enjoyed my uni years.
post #39 of 105
i was dirt poor at university and had a great time. no responsibility other than getting the best marks i could.

i have way more money now but alot more worries and feel alot poorer.
post #40 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratboycom View Post
Im with you on this one man. I think the main problem is bolded above. The only really cool thing is that I am studying in Japan, but right now I am so fuckin broke its tough to go to any parties or go out with my friends (usually costs from $30~100 for a night of drinking). Working and making time to study puts a serious damper on your fun time. Actually, my first years of college back in the US I went out a lot more often and drank a lot more, but still held a FT job. It was a lot cheaper there. Though I never experienced the kinda "big campus life" that a lot of others always talk about.

Oh shush and go bang your Japanese girlfriend.
post #41 of 105
College was a blast, but so is life now. I worked part time all though college, though I didn't study particularly hard for a science major. Don't know what to tell you, don't be such a melvin?
post #42 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post
College was a blast, but so is life now. I worked part time all though college, though I didn't study particularly hard for a science major. Don't know what to tell you, don't be such a melvin?

Says the guy in the Chinese pop band. Of course life is grand for you!
post #43 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroStyles View Post
Oh shush and go bang your Japanese girlfriend.

Oh, I will....
Also as it somewhat pertains to this thread. Metro joined me and a couple college friends at a really cheap izakaya last week and I got totally fuckin hammered. It was not wild but fun, though I was so hung over the next day and had homework so I couldnt attend "Jizz and Glitter: a Slutty Lingerie Birthday Party"
post #44 of 105
I am 23, about to finish undergrad... I think it's only up from here, getting older, making money, traveling, getting nice stuff. It doesn't hurt that I might be purchasing a dive bar near campus for a barcade with a business partner of mine The kids who rave about college are generally loser frat douches who are ill adjusted for the real world/life post college.
post #45 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroStyles View Post
Oh shush and go bang your Japanese girlfriend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratboycom View Post
Oh, I will....
lol, i'll be doing the same next week. a transpacific booty call to tokyo for a week.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Why does your college experience sound much better than mine?