or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Clark Kent and Lex Luthor suits
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Clark Kent and Lex Luthor suits

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
What did you guys think of the Clark Kent and Lex Luthor suit-shirt-tie ensembles from Superman?
post #2 of 17
I noted Lex wore some nice grenadine ties.
post #3 of 17
Clark did the three-piece no favors.
post #4 of 17
Yeah...they were ill-fitting and he wore them with button-down collars, appropriate for the character but made him look folksy. This is exactly how they dressed Christopher Reeve back in the 70's/ 80's as well.
post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
Yeah...they were ill-fitting and he wore them with button-down collars, appropriate for the character but made him look folksy. This is exactly how they dressed Christopher Reeve back in the 70's/ 80's as well.

Setting aside the issue of fit, the one Reeve wears on this page is much more stylish than Routh's, I think. http://www.chrisreevehomepage.com/m-movie1.html
post #6 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanC
I noted Lex wore some nice grenadine ties.
I think that's all he wore
White yellow and black?
post #7 of 17
Luthor's outfits are great throughout the movie. Even in the North pole cave, he is wearing an awesome winter jacket (I think I saw a Phat Farm logo on the sleeve BTW... would it be possible that Lex Luthor shops at Phat Farm? )
post #8 of 17
I didn't much like them. I didn't pay much attention to Clark Kent's outfits. Since I didn't notice, they were probably nothing special. Concerning Lex Luthor's outfits... What's with the boots? The winter coat could have been cool, but the shoulders looked terrible imo. I don't think Spacey fit the role, or the clothes. John Malkovich would have been a better evil genius and he doesn't look retarded with a bald head either.
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203
Luthor's outfits are great throughout the movie. Even in the North pole cave, he is wearing an awesome winter jacket (I think I saw a Phat Farm logo on the sleeve BTW... would it be possible that Lex Luthor shops at Phat Farm? )
That was a pretty nice coat. Double breasted, no?
post #10 of 17
a few good pics of Luthor's outfits (the highlights of this booooooring flick IMO):

A couple of awesome corduroy suits - grenadine ties of course




Another 3-piece suit, another grenadine tie


Cool micro-check pattern on this suit


And this is the cool winter jacket (Phat Farm?) I was refering to. Unfortunately the pic is not ideal to check out the jacket...


but I also like Kate's outfits
post #11 of 17
Don't see why you found the movie boring. But yes, Luther's suits were pretty cool. I'm not sure how I feel about that tab on the lapel of his corduroy suit though. Sure, it's functional, but I prefer just a normal lapel hole with a button on the underside of the other lapel if you're going to do that. Now, for the last time, Clark's clothes aren't supposed to fit right. If you were an amazingly strong superhero, would you want people to see that you're just as ripped as your alter-ego? Didn't think so.
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovan
Don't see why you found the movie boring.

I'm not going to discuss at length why I feel I wasted 2 hours and 34 minutes of a perfectly nice Sunday night. IMDB reviews and especially this one do a very good job at that. I especially identify with this part:

Quote:
I walked back into the first theater, found my seat, and looked up to see that the impending Lois Lane space shuttle disaster was almost upon us. Still, it seemed to be taking forever, so I wandered around the theater, met a girl, got married, raised a son and sent him off to college. While attending my son's medical school graduation, I remembered that I should probably check in on Superman Returns, so I excused myself and raced back to the theater only to learn there was no need to hurry. It still took about another half hour before things went wrong for Space Shuttle Lane. When they did, Superman saved everybody, which was pretty cool.
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203
I'm not going to discuss at length why I feel I wasted 2 hours and 34 minutes of a perfectly nice Sunday night. IMDB reviews and especially this one do a very good job at that. I especially identify with this part:

Funny. I too found it tedious, and largely incoherent.
post #14 of 17
I like how finding the wittiest way to make fun of a movie passes as being a critic these days.
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovan
I like how finding the wittiest way to make fun of a movie passes as being a critic these days.

true.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Clark Kent and Lex Luthor suits