or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Panta: a first peek at a new high quality pants line
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panta: a first peek at a new high quality pants line - Page 8

post #106 of 310
Just to be sure, there is no opportunity to try these on in the NYC area, other than ordering them and returning them if they don't fit?

Pretty big hurdle for me. Packaging something, and going to the post office... ugh.
post #107 of 310
would love to see a lower rise pants like inco/mabi.
post #108 of 310
Good job, Ed. I don't really need any more pants, but I just might get a pair anyway.
post #109 of 310
lol
post #110 of 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
Don't be ungrateful. I'm the one who convinced Ed to put at least one back pocket there so that the Average SF Joe (ASFJ™) would have some place to store his partially consumed Egg McMuffin® while typing.


- B

Not an issue of being ungrateful, merely one of practicality. These are impractical.
post #111 of 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie View Post
Just to be sure, there is no opportunity to try these on in the NYC area, other than ordering them and returning them if they don't fit?

Pretty big hurdle for me. Packaging something, and going to the post office... ugh.

Well if you want a storefront where you can have a fitting room and can return at the register, then pants will cost you more than twice as much.
post #112 of 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR View Post
Not an issue of being ungrateful, merely one of practicality. These are impractical.
What exactly do you carry around in the course of a normal day? If I remember correctly, you are also quite concerned about having enough jacket pocket space. So, if you have four interior jacket pockets, two usable exterior jacket pockets and two front pant pockets, what is it that you are unable to carry? Curious minds, and all.
post #113 of 310
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR View Post
Not an issue of being ungrateful, merely one of practicality. These are impractical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
What exactly do you carry around in the course of a normal day? If I remember correctly, you are also quite concerned about having enough jacket pocket space. So, if you have four interior jacket pockets, two usable exterior jacket pockets and two front pant pockets, what is it that you are unable to carry? Curious minds, and all.

I thought the single back pocket was a reasonable compromise between these points of view.

How about this? No back pockets, but cargo pockets on the thighs?

Watcha think?


- B
post #114 of 310
Wait, there are people around here who use their back pockets?
post #115 of 310
Nice job Ed. Can't wait to see the official thread for these. And I can't believe no one's said that iGents can finally get in Ed's pants.

No backpockets for me, either. It's a weird feeling these days when I wear one of my RTW pants with backpockets.

--Andre
post #116 of 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
Wait, there are people around here who use their back pockets?

Certainly there are some. However, many who don't use back pocket still want to have back pocket since without the back pocket the pants might look woman-ish to some non-SFers.
post #117 of 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie View Post
Just to be sure, there is no opportunity to try these on in the NYC area, other than ordering them and returning them if they don't fit?

Pretty big hurdle for me. Packaging something, and going to the post office... ugh.

I understand your concern but I don't really have the time to meet with people in NYC nor an appropriate venue for the pants to be tried on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsayno View Post
would love to see a lower rise pants like inco/mabi.

I can't really do a smaller rise as these are dress pants. The 30 has a 9 7/8 rise, the 32- 10.25, the 34- 10.50, if you go much lower, people will be able to tell what religion you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Wang View Post
Good job, Ed.

I don't really need any more pants, but I just might get a pair anyway.

Thanks, you sort of started this whole selling your own trend here on the MC forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
lol

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR View Post
Not an issue of being ungrateful, merely one of practicality. These are impractical.

I understand your view but part of my point is not to appeal to everyone, I don't want to be all things to all people. I like the one pocket, as that is all I use and I like the way the back looks. I realize that this will cause some people to dislike them. If I ask you where I can find two back pocket pants, you wouldn't even need to think about it. If I asked where can I find pants with one back pocket, you would have a tougher time. It's a design detail and like any detail, some will like it and others won't.
post #118 of 310
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
I understand your view but part of my point is not to appeal to everyone, I don't want to be all things to all people. I like the one pocket, as that is all I use and I like the way the back looks. I realize that this will cause some people to dislike them. If I ask you where I can find two back pocket pants, you wouldn't even need to think about it. If I asked where can I find pants with one back pocket, you would have a tougher time. It's a design detail and like any detail, some will like it and others won't.

So, I guess that you're nixing my cargo pockets idea.


- B
post #119 of 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
two usable exterior jacket pockets

For hands, WAYWRN pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
and two front pant pockets

For hands, the rest of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
Curious minds, and all.

I usually carry a hankerchief in my rear pocket(s).

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
I understand your view but part of my point is not to appeal to everyone, I don't want to be all things to all people. I like the one pocket, as that is all I use and I like the way the back looks. I realize that this will cause some people to dislike them. If I ask you where I can find two back pocket pants, you wouldn't even need to think about it. If I asked where can I find pants with one back pocket, you would have a tougher time. It's a design detail and like any detail, some will like it and others won't.

Approved.
post #120 of 310
These look wonderful but if you think you have things bad in the US for RTW trousers you should count yourself lucky you don't live here in the UK.
The market for trousers as a stand alone item of the wardrobe in anything other than about three colours seems to be the norm these days. Any wish for a trouser in any slightly different cloth or cut needs MTM. A real shame as I remember shopping with my dad years ago as a child and there being rows of trousers in all good shops arranged by weight/cloth and colour.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Panta: a first peek at a new high quality pants line