or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › 50K for a luxury/sport car or SUV – what to get?!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

50K for a luxury/sport car or SUV – what to get?! - Page 5

post #61 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
Some of the options are very nice, the electronics are great, and that new engine in the FX is very nice. I think she's down between the ML and the FX.

The X5 is a hard sell. It's the price of an MB GL but only has the interior space of the ML. Also, the interior is much more spartan. Reminds me of Rover's interiors...but even more so.

Although I like the brand, I'm not a fan of the styling of the FX. I've had a couple of loaners, and it's a great vehicle, but I can't get past its looks.
post #62 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
Although I like the brand, I'm not a fan of the styling of the FX. I've had a couple of loaners, and it's a great vehicle, but I can't get past its looks.

I'm not a huge fan of the looks either. I don't find it offensive, and there's some interesting beefy and curvy lines, but not a huge fan.
post #63 of 130
Just buy a Range Rover if you want a 'cool' SUV. It doesn't try to be hip like the FX. The reason I picked the Lexus 4Runneresque vehicle was because it will last forever and will look good 10 years from now.
post #64 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjustinparr View Post
Just buy a Range Rover if you want a 'cool' SUV. It doesn't try to be hip like the FX. The reason I picked the Lexus 4Runneresque vehicle was because it will last forever and will look good 10 years from now.

Yeah, but an RR goes for 100k, an RRS 75k and the budget in the OP is 50k.
post #65 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
Yeah, but an RR goes for 100k, an RRS 75k and the budget in the OP is 50k.
Didn't know we were only talking about new.
post #66 of 130
Thread Starter 
No love for the new jags? Also, how would a rear wheel MB E350/500 coupe fair in shitty weather?
post #67 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuP View Post
No love for the new jags?


The XF? Only the base model, with very few options/accessories, fits that budget. And they're so damn ugly with that front grille. They look like Fords from the front (and Aston Martins from the back, so maybe they average out to be nice? I dunno).
post #68 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuP View Post
No love for the new jags?

Also, how would a rear wheel MB E350/500 coupe fair in shitty weather?
RWD can handle winter weather well with appropriate tires.
post #69 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftover_salmon View Post
The XF? Only the base model, with very few options/accessories, fits that budget. And they're so damn ugly with that front grille. They look like Fords from the front (and Aston Martins from the back, so maybe they average out to be nice? I dunno).
I've heard lots of positives about this car, and must admit that the interior looks great, but I, too, find the exterior to be unattractive. I also feel it resembles a Ford too much.
post #70 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftover_salmon View Post
Says the Floridian...

I disagree. I live in Montreal and have driven RWD Lexus LS460 and MB SLK320 in the snow. It's not fun.

I'm up there every week and everybody has snow tires on in winter.. is it a law or something?
post #71 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
RWD can handle winter weather well with appropriate tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Clark View Post
I'm up there every week and everybody has snow tires on in winter.. is it a law or something?

It's just a practical solution!

RWD with snow tires, just do it
post #72 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Clark View Post
I'm up there every week and everybody has snow tires on in winter.. is it a law or something?

Yes, actually.
post #73 of 130
Thread Starter 
Keep the info coming!

How reliable are porsches in terms of owning for long term? I am thinking maybe I can get a used one and just finance it....their old models don't look different from the newer editions..


http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-C4...item27b0b8a441
post #74 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuP View Post
Keep the info coming!

How reliable are porsches in terms of owning for long term? I am thinking maybe I can get a used one and just finance it....their old models don't look different from the newer editions..


http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-C4...item27b0b8a441

Very reliable. And because they don't change their styling, they don't lose their value. That is all.
post #75 of 130
Wouldn't buy it off eBay, but have you considered maybe a Porsche Cayman? http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=274572111 Might be a sound choice. Certified used 2008 Cayman S for $52k? Looks great, isn't going to be replaced anytime soon and will beat an Audi A5. Sure, it's on the sporty side of "luxury" but I think you will get along with it just fine.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › 50K for a luxury/sport car or SUV – what to get?!