or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › who ordered these shoes?!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

who ordered these shoes?!

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 
saw these in georges5's website... picture on the lower left side
post #2 of 25
Haha, somebody who has a penis as a middle toe.
post #3 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidicboy
saw these in georges5's website... picture on the lower left side


I don't believe that's his website, he just reposts souliers.net pictures here. The above pictures are from the latest issue of Last magazine.
post #4 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mussel
I don't believe that's his website, he just reposts souliers.net pictures here. The above pictures are from the latest issue of Last magazine.

correct. but i picked these scans from the soulier.net website
post #5 of 25
but what is the make for those shoes on the bottom right? awesome glistening shoes.
post #6 of 25
They look French, possibly Corthay or Aubercy.
post #7 of 25
i was thinking the exact same thing! either corthay or aubercy,
but if they are aubercy, they would have to be bespoke right? these look too good to be from their rtw.
post #8 of 25
Actually I think those are RTW from Corthay, what they call Last 001, and Last 002, which is available in Japan.

Aubercy's RTW seems to have a slightly more conservative chisel-shape.
post #9 of 25
The owner:
post #10 of 25
It's just a demostration of the last and shoe makers skill, of what can be done.
post #11 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mussel
I don't believe that's his website, he just reposts souliers.net pictures here. The above pictures are from the latest issue of Last magazine.

Actually, that is not the latest issue of Last. The latest issue has some real nice shoes, including some C&J on the 337 and 348 lasts that I have never seen. I'll post pics of the mag this weekend.
post #12 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel
Actually, that is not the latest issue of Last.
All four pictures are from the current issue of LAST (vol. 7), page 67.

The feature (6 pages) is about a bespoke shoe salon in Florence run by a Japanese guy:

DATA
IL MIDICO di Hidetaka Fukaya
Via de Federighi 6R
50123 FIRENZE
Tel: 055-212295

I'm sure the article has lots of interesting things to say about Mr Fukaya and his shoes; alas, in Japanese.
post #13 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
All four pictures are from the current issue of LAST (vol. 7), page 67.

The feature (6 pages) is about a bespoke shoe salon in Florence run by a Japanese guy:

DATA
IL MIDICO di Hidetaka Fukaya
Via de Federighi 6R
50123 FIRENZE
Tel: 055-212295

I'm sure the article has lots of interesting things to say about Mr Fukaya and his shoes; alas, in Japanese.

I have that issue. There is another issue which is more current (Vol. 8). I'll post pics. There are some real nice Johnston and Murphy (!!!) shoes in it which I believe are Japan only. A pair of double monks a la Ralph lauren.
post #14 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel
I have that issue. There is another issue which is more current (Vol. 8).
Do you have access to a preview copy? According to the site vol. 8 is coming out in September.
http://www.esquire.co.jp/last/

This is in keeping with their previous publication schedule. (I hoped, they had changed to something more frequently). They still come out twice annually,
at the very end of March and September.
post #15 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
Do you have access to a preview copy? According to the site vol. 8 is coming out in September.
http://www.esquire.co.jp/last/

This is in keeping with their previous publication schedule. (I hoped, they had changed to something more frequently). They still come out twice annually,
at the very end of March and September.

No, no access to a preview copy. When I get home I'll check which Volume I have. I asked the bookstore guy for the latest Last about a 3 weeks ago (he was stocking Volume 7). He told me to come back in about 2 weeks and that he would have the new one. I went last week and picked it up. I did not check the Volume number, I just purchased it, it's not 6 as I also still have that one. Whatever Volume it is, it's got some real nice Crockett and Jones and Johnston and Murphy shoes which seem to be Japan only and which I had not seen before and I think some here wouldn't mind seeing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › who ordered these shoes?!