• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bluetooth Recomendations

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am finally going to retire my venerable moto 670 headset I have had for 3 years. Now that I am traveling a lot and using it all the time, I am not pleased with the battery life and SQ as I used to be. Will be pairing with a blackberry (not that it matters). I would like to solicit you guys for some REAL WORLD reccomendations, would like to keep the price reasonable. I have a Jawbone 1 that I never really liked. Something with active noise cancellation as I usually am in pretty loud places.

Thanks.

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have the Jawbone Alpha, it's been a bit disappointing. Sound quality is reasonably loud but not very clear, like they used a crappy speaker or something.

I've also tried a Sony Ericsson which went in ear (as in canalphone style) but it's a very odd feeling to have only one canalphone headphone in your ear. I had to give that one up as well.

I also had a cheapie basic Samsung that was ok but again, sound quality was not clear.

I hear better things about the Plantronics.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jawbone ICON is supposed to be the best out there. Will be getting one this week.

Regards.

TDOT

Reaction score
I've had my Jabra BT530 for over a year now and am very happy with the noise blackout feature and the battery life.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Please tell me this is JUST for driving and you don't walk around with it on your ear!

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
Plantronics Voyager Pro. Not as small as others but consistently highest rated.

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ter1413
Please tell me this is JUST for driving and you don't walk around with it on your ear!

I definitely leave it in all day, yes it looks stupid, but I am a propagating the business dork look when I travel with it. I used it in the car, in the store, heck even in the hotel room. I dont like talking on my phone with it up to my ear, I realized the other day how rare it is. I have BT in my personal car, so I use it that way too.

I just need something I can use with the windows down, etc... I have read great things about the ICON so will wait and see what the first round of reviews have to say. I love that its Micro USB charged (seems like a small thing, but its an extra cord to carry). Dont love the price, will need to find a place with a liberal return policy in case I hate it.

Anyone tried any of the moto pure headsets?

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went and bought a black ICON *thinker* a couple of hours after posting here. The largest ear loop seems to fit best. The noise cancellation is AMAZINGLY good. Drove with windows down and stereo cranked up....and they guy on the other end couldnt tell at all. Said there was a slight echo that vanished when i rolled the window back up.
So far so good. Talk time is 4 hours...and if you press the button it speaks it out to you. iPhone has the battery meter on the phone. No Android support. Oh, and its a Li ion battery.
Will update.

Regards.

Maxten

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shikar
I went and bought a black ICON *thinker* a couple of hours after posting here. The largest ear loop seems to fit best. The noise cancellation is AMAZINGLY good. Drove with windows down and stereo cranked up....and they guy on the other end couldnt tell at all. Said there was a slight echo that vanished when i rolled the window back up. So far so good. Talk time is 4 hours...and if you press the button it speaks it out to you. iPhone has the battery meter on the phone. No Android support. Oh, and its a Li ion battery. Will update. Regards.
Do you have any updated comments/thoughts about the Jawbone Icon? I am interested in getting a hands-free device and the Icon sounds like a good choice.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lone Wolf
Plantronics Voyager Pro. Not as small as others but consistently highest rated.

+1

montyharding

Reaction score
Jabra Clipper or Nokia BH-214? You can use whatever headphones you like.

No douchy ear-booms - for the full 'I'm on day release from the mental institution' look.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maxten
Do you have any updated comments/thoughts about the Jawbone Icon?

I am interested in getting a hands-free device and the Icon sounds like a good choice.

I didnt like the ICON-cons No volume control. Not loud enough.
....and exchanged it for the Plantronics 975. Pros-Louder, more natural sound. Ability to control volume. Case has battery and charges while stored.
Still using and enjoying the plantronics.

Regards.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads