or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Why Lesser has some hegemony on Savile row ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why Lesser has some hegemony on Savile row ? - Page 7

post #91 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
Not to mention that the sales & customer service has been some of the worst on the planet, making it almost impossible to buy so it's hard to find.

What Len Logsdail refers to as the "English sales prevention attitude."
post #92 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post
I have no experience with Holand &Sherry but i like the feel of the Fox samples...
Last time I got cloth from Fox ... they required that I pay via wire transfer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
What Len Logsdail refers to as the "English sales prevention attitude."
That's one way to put it.
post #93 of 280
I have not met a tailor yet who did not praise Lesser's cloth. The reasons I have been given is that the cloth is well constructed, very well finished, and easy to sew and shape.

Most of my suits are Lesser in 13, 15, and 16 ounce cloth. All are going strong, even those over ten years old.

I believe that someone on the forum indicated that Lesser came out with a new range of 16 ounce cloths at least a year ago. As of a few months ago, however, my tailor still had the old range which was down to 15 or so very conservative patterns.

Does anyone have details or scans of Lesser's new 16 ounce cloth or know if there is anything unusual in the bunch?
post #94 of 280
Most of the output of Fox goes to clothing manufacturers and as a small manufacturer they cannot afford to hold large quantities of stock fabrics. They aren't really set up to sell small quantities, hence wire transfers and not credit cards (if you have a UK bank account bank internet bank transfers work well).

Their biggest problems is selection because they only do small runs of their stock cloth and the best ones sell out quite quickly. They have a lot of odds and ends from runs they have done and after they have dealt with you for a while they will have a dig through and see if anything matches your requirements.

As to the quality - I have never had any problems although I use their lightweight cloths. I had one of their 8oz worsted flannels made up by Nino Covato and he confessed afterwards that he had been worried about the quality initially and had soaked in in a bucket of water for a day to see if it would hold up but it had come through flying colours and made up well. That suit is still going strong after four years with no problems, it breathes really well and works as a three season suit for me.
post #95 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingtime View Post
As to the quality - I have never had any problems although I use their lightweight cloths. I had one of their 8oz worsted flannels made up by Nino Covato and he confessed afterwards that he had been worried about the quality initially and had soaked in in a bucket of water for a day to see if it would hold up but it had come through flying colours and made up well. That suit is still going strong after four years with no problems, it breathes really well and works as a three season suit for me.

Uhm, are you holding out on us?

It would be great to have some non-FNB Corvato pics.


- B
post #96 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by courty View Post
Lesser came out with a new range of 16 ounce cloths at least a year ago.

Not true.
post #97 of 280
Last year, my MTM supplier ordered some Fox flannel for a suit for me. I think he got it within three or four days (shipped to the Netherlands, or maybe directly to Italy; I'm not sure). That's just one instance of course, but it shows that it doesn't always go horribly wrong.
post #98 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
Uhm, are you holding out on us?

It would be great to have some non-FNB Corvato pics.


- B
That requires me to be in the same place as someone with a camera which doesn't happen often.
post #99 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingtime View Post
That requires me to be in the same place as someone with a camera which doesn't happen often.

I could be mistaken, but I think most people on SF have their bathrooms...and almost as often, the public lavatories in their place of "work"...outfitted with camera technology.

Not that I suggest that you do this, only that it appears to be common option.


- B
post #100 of 280
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
I could be mistaken, but I think most people on SF have their bathrooms...and almost as often, the public lavatories in their place of "work"...outfitted with camera technology.

Not that I suggest that you do this, only that it appears to be common option.


- B

I particularly love the pictures taken in public lavatories....It gives such decorum to the all sartorial experience...
post #101 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
I could be mistaken, but I think most people on SF have their bathrooms...and almost as often, the public lavatories in their place of "work"...outfitted with camera technology.

Not that I suggest that you do this, only that it appears to be common option.


- B

I think I will skip those options. The idea of using a camera in a public lavatory is open to misunderstanding, and I am not sure explaining what you were actually doing would be much better!
post #102 of 280
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingtime View Post
I think I will skip those options. The idea of using a camera in a public lavatory is open to misunderstanding, and I am not sure explaining what you were actually doing would be much better!

Nothing better than a bit of public lavatories cruising...

You might see some Senators there...
post #103 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieandrews View Post

hmm, apparently I'm not the only one who thinks some members here debate under the influence...
post #104 of 280
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwoood View Post
hmm, apparently I'm not the only one who thinks some members here debate under the influence...

Oh yes...Posting under the influence must be punished by an immediate ban...
post #105 of 280
Right, so some jerk impugns the reputation of a respected merchant, said merchant is defended, and the jerk or one of his buddies signs up a sock puppet to say the defender is a drunk?

What forum is this again?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Why Lesser has some hegemony on Savile row ?