or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Why Lesser has some hegemony on Savile row ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why Lesser has some hegemony on Savile row ? - Page 3

post #31 of 280
is david reeves the dude that had beef with mafoofan in that epic thread or am i thinking of somebody else
post #32 of 280
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post
is david reeves the dude that had beef with mafoofan in that epic thread or am i thinking of somebody else

Is David Reeves a dude?

He had beef with Mafoo in that epic thread about divots..

That thread is legend...
post #33 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Unbelievable.

You really do know the meaning of the word hyperbole don't you?

The clothing interwebs are full of anonymous people who like to trash merchants anonymously with little or no evidence and often made up crap. Like I said, if you want to peddle sleaze, that is really up to you. It's up to the rest of us with actual experience with the firms you are trashing to speak up if we want to.
post #34 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSS View Post
Anyone keeping score?

Hard to say...I can't quite make out the dolphins on the spina...can you?




- B
post #35 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
I think you'll find he likes both. He wrote an essay about Lessers as I recall.

Harrisons tends to have a more contemporary finish to it than does Lessers.

Both merchants are excellent, but my own personnel favourite is Minnis.

Why does Lessers have such a hegemony on the Row. One could be cynical and suggest...


FNB likes Lesser cloth, except in a thread where Manton likes it, then FNB says he dislikes it. Then he posts KISS photo.
post #36 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
The clothing interwebs are full of anonymous people who like to trash merchants anonymously with little or no evidence and often made up crap. Like I said, if you want to peddle sleaze, that is really up to you. It's up to the rest of us with actual experience with the firms you are trashing to speak up if we want to.
Nobody, is trashing anybody. I think you're being a little over-sensitive. Like I said, I like Lessers. Oh, by the way, I have a lot of experience throughout the supply chain.
post #37 of 280
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mildly Consumptive View Post
FNB likes Lesser cloth, except in a thread where Manton likes it, then FNB says he dislikes it. Then he posts KISS photo.

He is quite confusing and confused at the same time our FNB....

What about his obsession with Alice in wonderland and these frigging rabbits?
post #38 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
Hard to say...I can't quite make out the dolphins on the spina...can you? - B
post #39 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mildly Consumptive View Post
FNB likes Lesser cloth, except in a thread where Manton likes it, then FNB says he dislikes it. Then he posts KISS photo.

Look, can we all agree that we hate hopsack?

It's such an un-Norman cloth...too Laconic (see, I capitalized Laconic so that everyone knows that I mean Lacedaemonian but with fewer letters.)


- B
post #40 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mildly Consumptive View Post
FNB likes Lesser cloth, except in a thread where Manton likes it, then FNB says he dislikes it. Then he posts KISS photo.
Well, I've not read that. I was always under the impression that he liked or appreciated it's qualities but preferred Harrisons for it's more contemporary finish. I've no wish to get involved with the Manton v's FNB saga.
post #41 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post
He is quite confusing and confused at the same time our FNB....

What about his obsession with Alice in wonderland and these frigging rabbits?

Power to the Dandies!..?


- B
post #42 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post
He is quite confusing and confused at the same time our FNB.... What about his obsession with Alice in wonderland and these frigging rabbits?
These frigging Rabbits...?
post #43 of 280
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Well, I've not read that. I was always under the impression that he liked or appreciated it's qualities but preferred Harrisons for it's more contemporary finish.

I've no wish to get involved with the Manton v's FNB saga.

You could be soon starting your own saga George vs Manton ...

To change subject , why H&s and Fox are so under-represented?
post #44 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
I've no wish to get involved with the Manton v's FNB saga.

Dinner will be arriving shortly.





- B
post #45 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
Look, can we all agree that we hate hopsack? It's such an un-Norman cloth...too Laconic (see, I capitalized Laconic so that everyone knows that I mean Lacedaemonian but with fewer letters.) - B
This is a very Norman cloth. I don't like it...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Why Lesser has some hegemony on Savile row ?