or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › 2010 March Madness
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2010 March Madness

post #1 of 439
Thread Starter 
Alright, the brackets are out!
My final four:
Midwest- Ohio State
West- Syracuse
East-Kentucky
South-Villanova


My 2010 NCAA Basketball Champion: Kentucky


Sorry Butler, I would love to support you more but there is nooo way you can handle Syracuse this year!
post #2 of 439
Not expecting too many surprises huh? Three #1s and a #2 in the Final Four. I haven't had much of a chance to dissect the brackets yet but I do like Kentucky as well.
post #3 of 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahlersmeyer View Post
My final four: Midwest- Ohio State West- Syracuse East-Kentucky South-Villanova
Your bracket is fail.
post #4 of 439
Thread Starter 
I have surprises in the 16 and the 8 but not in the 4. I just don't see a MAJOR (i.e. a #1 or 2) getting bumped off this year...maybe Kansas over Syracuse, but that is the only big upset i see happening...
post #5 of 439
Teams led by freshmen generally don't win championships. I think Kentucky is more likely to be the first #1 seed to lose than to be the champion.
post #6 of 439
I have Kansas over Kansas St, and Kentucky over Duke in the Final Four. Kentucky wins it all. Though they may be freshmen, they're playing with huge poise. I'm sold on John Wall, I think he beats the hell out of D Rose.
post #7 of 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahlersmeyer View Post
I have surprises in the 16 and the 8 but not in the 4. I just don't see a MAJOR (i.e. a #1 or 2) getting bumped off this year...maybe Kansas over Syracuse, but that is the only big upset i see happening...
I'm just giving you a hard time. I love the B.East but I don't see 'Cuse or Nova in Indianapolis. Also, if Kansas loses it will be to OSU. They won't lose though.
post #8 of 439
Kansas, Syracuse, West Virginia, Purdue. Kansas over WVU in the championship.

As much as I love my alma mater Villanova, we've looked god awful for the past 4 weeks. And Duke is overrated.
post #9 of 439
i made a ESPN tourney pick'em group for shits and giggles, join if you want http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/en/group?groupID=80447 Group: StyleForum.net Password: groupthink
post #10 of 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahlersmeyer View Post
I have surprises in the 16 and the 8 but not in the 4. I just don't see a MAJOR (i.e. a #1 or 2) getting bumped off this year...maybe Kansas over Syracuse, but that is the only big upset i see happening...

if there's a year with most #1 and #2 seeds getting knocked out early, it be this year...

Kentuky wont make it out of the East
post #11 of 439
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughwithm3 View Post
i made a ESPN tourney pick'em group for shits and giggles, join if you want

http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/en/group?groupID=80447

Group: StyleForum.net
Password: groupthink

I did.
post #12 of 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by horndog View Post
Kansas over WVU in the championship.

+1.
post #13 of 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahlersmeyer View Post
I did.

+1.
post #14 of 439
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughwithm3 View Post
if there's a year with most #1 and #2 seeds getting knocked out early, it be this year...

Kentuky wont make it out of the East

are you kidding me? won't make it out?
post #15 of 439
I have 'Cuse over Duke. -Kentucky has no chance. Teams with freshmen as 3 of their top 4 players don't win. Ever. Even Syracuse in 03 was more experienced. -I think West Virginia will be the disappointment of the tournament. Their inconsistent shooting could come back to haunt them. -Kansas is more prone to upset than people think. Once every three games or so their supporting guards play Houdini and just disappear on the stat line, with unforced turnovers the only trace of their existence. They also come out flat routinely. Some midmajor could easily come out and put them down 10 with good shooting in the first 10 minutes. -Still can't get over Duke's draw. Anything less than a Final Four is pathetic.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › 2010 March Madness