or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › How many ever forgotten to zip your fly?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How many ever forgotten to zip your fly?

post #1 of 52
Thread Starter 
Hi eveyone,

Just for sharing experiences, how many of you actually have forgotten to zip your fly after ...

How did it happen and what did you do to prevent it from happening again huh?

post #2 of 52
When I was still in school I often wore 501 button fly's. Around the house I never bothered to fasten the fly. At times I would forget to button up before leaving and walk around all day with my fly open. It never bothered me. The good thing about being a student is never having to care what anyone thinks of you.
post #3 of 52
How exactly does one 'forget' to zip one's fly afterwards? You do your business, tuck back it in, and zip up. Would you forget to tuck it in as well?

It seems rather like putting on one's shoes and forgetting to tie the laces.
post #4 of 52
I sometimes forget to zip up, but with button fly I never forget. Nearly all my pants are now button fly.
post #5 of 52
92% of all men will admit to having forgotten to zip their fly at least once in their life. The other 8% will lie about it.
post #6 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret
How exactly does one 'forget' to zip one's fly afterwards? You do your business, tuck back it in, and zip up. Would you forget to tuck it in as well?

It seems rather like putting on one's shoes and forgetting to tie the laces.

Well, no. One can feel one's laces being untied, but the feeling of an unzipped zipper is subtle at best, unless the trousers are skin-tight. I've forgotten more than once, including one day when I gave two lectures before discovering it. I just look at it this way: perhaps someone got a cheap thrill from it.
post #7 of 52
There's an old saying that you know you're old when you forget to lower fly.
post #8 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
There's an old saying that you know you're old when you forget to lower fly.
Occasionally, when I have looked down to wipe the drool off my shirt, I've noticed my fly open.
post #9 of 52
I have one pair of jeans that I always seam to forget to zip my fly. It is a fairly regular occurance, but only with that single pair of jeans.
post #10 of 52
I have this weird habit of always glancing down when exiting a restroom to make sure that my fly is zipped, and that my dick isn't hanging out of my pants.
post #11 of 52
unfortunately, i seem to forget zipping up my fly all the time. best story so far:

i was asked to make a presentation in our Friday sales meeting at work. so i do my thing and i'm up there a good 10-15 minutes in front of a ~30-40 people. then i go back to my desk stopping by a coworkers place first. as i'm walking toward him, he starts laughing and asks why my fly is down.

afterwards, i asked a coworker if he noticed anything and he said no. hopefully that was the truth and he wasn't trying to protect my pride.

-Jeff
post #12 of 52
When I started my first serious job and didn't have much money, I had one pair of dress pants where the lousy plastic zipper used to break spontaneuously. To this day I have this involuntary tick of briefly checking to see if everything is tucked in every few minutes. Then one day the crotch seam came undone without me noticing, which made for an interesting subway ride home.

I also had a pair of RL boxer briefs where one front button would just openat various points during the day, and the sensation of the boys roaming free in my pants would always startle me...
post #13 of 52
I have done it a few times, usually when I am dressing nice and am nervous. Normally I will check it a few times before leaving the house, but one time I was going to a job interview and didnt realize my fly was down until I was walking up to the building! Thankfully i had my portfolio with me and was able to cover up until I could discretly zip up. I got the job, so I assume no one noticed
post #14 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
I sometimes forget to zip up, but with button fly I never forget. Nearly all my pants are now button fly.
Funny how that works, same with me. Maybe I should get my next suit with button fly...
post #15 of 52
"He took it out."
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › How many ever forgotten to zip your fly?