or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Countdown to Breaking Bad!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Countdown to Breaking Bad!!! - Page 4

post #46 of 2872
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post
I love this season so far - it has that freshness that attracted me to it in the first place. Does anyone else here crack up at some of the situations and scenes? To me, it's a brilliant dark comedy.
I was laughing the whole time that the cops were interviewing both of the Whites.

Also in last week's episode when Saul screwed Jesse's parents on the price of the home and then when Jesse shows up to collect the keys from his parents. Much laughing.
post #47 of 2872
all i've got to say is "RESTRAIN THIS!"
post #48 of 2872
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post
I love this season so far - it has that freshness that attracted me to it in the first place. Does anyone else here crack up at some of the situations and scenes? To me, it's a brilliant dark comedy.

Last night's episode probably had more comedy than any episode since season 1. I chuckled several times. And as long as the show doesn't begin centering around Walt's personal problems (as did Mad Men last season), it'll keep rocking.
post #49 of 2872
"You just bought a three hundred dollar suit, PSYCHO!!!"
post #50 of 2872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher View Post
(as did Mad Men last season)

It was during the last season of Mad Men that I realized MM, while entertaining and eminently watchable, paled in comparison to the brilliance of Breaking Bad...
post #51 of 2872
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
"You just bought a three hundred dollar suit, PSYCHO!!!"

Yeah, that was a great one! At first, I was afraid Saul would become silly and would taint the show, but with the great writing and Odenkirk's outstanding performance, he's become an over-the-top character who is still very believable. There's comedy relief in him, yes, but there's a lot that's very serious (and very wrong), too.
post #52 of 2872
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
"You just bought a three hundred dollar suit, PSYCHO!!!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher View Post
Yeah, that was a great one! At first, I was afraid Saul would become silly and would taint the show, but with the great writing and Odenkirk's outstanding performance, he's become an over-the-top character who is still very believable. There's comedy relief in him, yes, but there's a lot that's very serious (and very wrong), too.
You know the guy that plays Saul has studied many personal injury lawyers to play that part - just look at his facial expressions and his constant gesticulations. This season has been so solid in the acting and writing. But of course, methamphetamines and money is a good foundation to depict the absurdities of life.
post #53 of 2872
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post
You know the guy that plays Saul has studied many personal injury lawyers to play that part - just look at his facial expressions and his constant gesticulations.


Bob Odenkirk is one of the great comic talents of our time.

He's worked on everything from SNL (the good years), to Get a Life, The Ben Stiller Show, Mr. Show, Seinfeld, NewsRadio, Tenacious D, Conan O'Brien , Arrested Development, Larry Sanders, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Tom Goes to the Mayor, Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!, et al.
post #54 of 2872
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Bob Odenkirk is one of the great comic talents of our time.

He's worked on everything from SNL (the good years), to Get a Life, The Ben Stiller Show, Mr. Show, Seinfeld, NewsRadio, Tenacious D, Conan O'Brien , Arrested Development, Larry Sanders, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Tom Goes to the Mayor, Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!, et al.

Damn, I looked him up and realized that I've seen him several times before, but he's so out of context from what I've seen I didn't recognize him.
post #55 of 2872
Yeah Odenkirk is really brilliant.

Re: last night's episode, I haven't felt this good about a show since The Wire. Remarkable stuff. the home tension is getting a little unbearable but mostly because it's uncomfortably close to real divorce situations, ha.
post #56 of 2872
This show is most definitely getting better through the seasons- I was not completely sold on the pilot and first few episodes, but I think it's hitting its stride this season.
post #57 of 2872
I could honestly do without much of the Hank-is-going-crazy story line... I want to see whats goin on with Mr. Pollos in that wash house! Walt's 3 month meth lab?
post #58 of 2872
and here I am.... Watched s1 and s2 and have now caught up to the US on s3. What a fantastic show. Incredible character development, great moral questions to walk off pondering, fantastic writing, visually amazing, and uniformly superb acting. +1 on The Wire mention above, I haven't gotten into a show this much since the glory days of McNulty and co...
post #59 of 2872
This is starting to get good.....
post #60 of 2872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher View Post
Oh, absolutely. The scene last week (?) where Walt went to burn the cash, then dumped it in the pool, was hilarious. Walt running around in his underwear is usually good for a laugh, even when some pretty serious things are happening. And of course, Saul is both funny and disgusting at the same time.

I loved the scene in the gymnasium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggskip View Post
What a hypocrite! She's worse that WW. At least he didn't do what he did out of malice.

I fucking hate her too, but seriously, Walter is one fucked up dude. Given what she knew about him initially, her reaction was way overboard. (She thought he was dealing pot so she tries to prevent him from ever seeing his kids. WTF?) Dude is a fucking killer though. Killing a drug dealer who is trying to kill you is one thing, but watching a woman choke on her own vomit is cold, blackmail or no blackmail.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Countdown to Breaking Bad!!!