or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Countdown to Breaking Bad!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Countdown to Breaking Bad!!! - Page 122

post #1816 of 2874
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

ffffuuuu.gif wait until August then 8 weeks later its ffffuuuu.gif no more Breaking Bad.

::tear::

but i read somewhere there might be movie down the road and a saul goodman spin-off
post #1817 of 2874
I believe Vince Gilligan said no on the movie, but he is working on the Saul sitcom.
post #1818 of 2874
yeah that sounds more accurate come to think of it.
post #1819 of 2874

About a week ago a friend told me the final episode is coming soon.  I had only seen one or two episodes, so in the past few days I have watched all of the first 4 seasons and 5 episodes from season 5.  I will probably get caught up tonight and be ready for the final episode.  It's not really my cup of tea, but I think the directing and script are great.  I can do without children killing and being killed.  Oh well...

 

I want to shoot Skyler and Marie.  I could not believe the irony in the scene at the car wash where Skyler is screaming at Marie to shut up.

 

I plan to open a bottle of Cab to watch the finale.

 

Cheers,

post #1820 of 2874
I don't get the Skylar hate. Ok, she isn't a "fun" character but she's kind of stuck living with a megalomaniac
post #1821 of 2874
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossoz View Post

About a week ago a friend told me the final episode is coming soon.  I had only seen one or two episodes, so in the past few days I have watched all of the first 4 seasons and 5 episodes from season 5.  I will probably get caught up tonight and be ready for the final episode.  It's not really my cup of tea, but I think the directing and script are great.  I can do without children killing and being killed.  Oh well...

I want to shoot Skyler and Marie.  I could not believe the irony in the scene at the car wash where Skyler is screaming at Marie to shut up.

I plan to open a bottle of Cab to watch the finale.

Cheers,

Are the first few seasons online? I missed them and thought I might wait until the show is over and then buy the whole set, but if seasons 1-3 are available online...
post #1822 of 2874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffrey View Post

I don't get the Skylar hate. Ok, she isn't a "fun" character but she's kind of stuck living with a megalomaniac

I have hated her since the first episode where she was giving Walter a handy for his b-day while tending her ebay auctions.
post #1823 of 2874
Thinman you can stream seasons 1-4 on Netflix.

Skyler has become more sympathetic as a character over the last few seasons. Mainly because Walter is turning into a prick (mostly season 5). I mean her hands are more or less tied. She's still repellent tho.
post #1824 of 2874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I have hated her since the first episode where she was giving Walter a handy for his b-day while tending her ebay auctions.

I really think that it is this moment in the first episode that made people dislike her right away, while Walt is painted much more sympathetically. I'm not sure people would feel the same way if she was introduced in a much more likable way, a lot of her issues with Walt later on are justifiable and make sense.
post #1825 of 2874
1st episodes they come off has a totally mediocre family. Weak father/man; tired, disinterested mother/woman. Don't get how giving a guy a handjob on his birthday instead of more makes her awful. You think Walter went down on her on hers? Even if he did he probably showed as much interest as she did.
post #1826 of 2874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffrey View Post

1st episodes they come off has a totally mediocre family. Weak father/man; tired, disinterested mother/woman. Don't get how giving a guy a handjob on his birthday instead of more makes her awful. You think Walter went down on her on hers? Even if he did he probably showed as much interest as she did.

It's not that it's a handjob, it's her total level of disinterest as a wife during it and that there is a lack of redeeming qualities shown by her in the episode. Yes Walt is portrayed as a weak man, but we feel pity for him (because he has cancer) and we see moments of him acting in ways more positively where we actually root for him. Skylar is just painted as part of the pitiful life he is breaking away from, the show just doesn't give us anything positive to latch onto in regards to her. The show gives us more from her later on, but the first episode doesn't do her characters any favors.
post #1827 of 2874
maybe if she had really cranked out a nice, oily, slow tease job we would find her more redeeming.
post #1828 of 2874
I can't even pinpoint why I don't like her but I never have. I find her hard to look at, as well. She's kind of like a man-face version of man hands from Seinfeld.
post #1829 of 2874
Lolololol
post #1830 of 2874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffrey View Post

1st episodes they come off has a totally mediocre family. Weak father/man; tired, disinterested mother/woman. Don't get how giving a guy a handjob on his birthday instead of more makes her awful. You think Walter went down on her on hers? Even if he did he probably showed as much interest as she did.

You asked why and I gave you a pretty solid answer. Having to counter it with thoughts on Walter tongue bathing her is sort of out there as a counter...

What I said was merely one, really clear example of what she thinks of him. She clearly has been busting his balls for years, sapping his joy of life, and deriding him as a man. She openly mocks him in the first several episodes. She is not a nice person but rather is very narcissistic and clearly takes no responsibility for the life they currently lead. Walt is forced to work at a car wash where he is mocked by his students and taken advantage of by his boss. He drives that piece of shit Aztec while Skyler tools around in a sweetly preserved Grand Wagoneer. When Walt discloses his cancer Skyler is more about Skyler than she is about Walt and takes over managing his cancer in her usual ball buster way.

The writers set this up. We are supposed to see Skyler as an awful person and Walt as a weak man caught in horrible circumstances maritally, economically, and health. We are supposed to understand why this transformation in Walt might happen and cut him enough slack until it's time to start thinking he's not a good guy either.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Countdown to Breaking Bad!!!