or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Countdown to Breaking Bad!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Countdown to Breaking Bad!!! - Page 104

post #1546 of 2874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffrey View Post

Don't know how you guys think this season is suddenly contrived. Walt blowing up Tuco's hideout with fake meth wasn't? .

Yup, and two commercial planes getting into a head-on collision wasn't? Gus walking out with his face blown off straightening his tie wasn't? Walt blowing up the guy's car in the gas station and no one seeing it (no cameras)? Plus, the characters of both Saul and Mike are caricatures. Like I said, if you watch this show expecting complete realism, you're not going to have a good experience, because it's not a realistic show.
post #1547 of 2874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffrey View Post

Any one mind telling me why Walt and Jesse keep their hair shaved??

Walt shaved it because of chemo. This was right when he was developing the Heisenberg persona. He liked how bad-ass it looked, so he kept shaving it. Not sure about Jesse... I assume it's just style/convenience like a lot of guys his age.
post #1548 of 2874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Had to DVR last night's epi.
OMG
Is Mike really dead? We didn't see him flat line.

Here's an interview with Jonathan Banks that makes it pretty clear Mike is dead.
post #1549 of 2874
Is mike being alive the new Jesse didn't shoot gale?
post #1550 of 2874
Quote:
Originally Posted by grundletaint View Post

Is mike being alive the new Jesse didn't shoot gale?

 

its mike, and mike does not die!!!

post #1551 of 2874
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffrey View Post

Any one mind telling me why Walt and Jesse keep their hair shaved??

Um...aesthetic choice? Are we really nitpicking at shit like that now?
post #1552 of 2874
What was up with Todd saying they don't have to talk about money now? Why wouldn't he care?

I want to see where things are going with him. Him saving the spider in the jar was creepy. He's nuts.
post #1553 of 2874
Just watched the episode last night. The pre-intro scene was intense! I also thought "damn, I KNEW it!" regarding Walt's idea how to solve the situation from last week. I think Todd really wants to be a good student to Walt. I myself, though I'm not cooking Meth, would've said something similar. I wouldn't expect to get paid after one day of learning. Talking money later shows some genuine interest in building up a good work relationship.
post #1554 of 2874
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post

What was up with Todd saying they don't have to talk about money now? Why wouldn't he care?
I want to see where things are going with him. Him saving the spider in the jar was creepy. He's nuts.

The point is he's trying to prove how dedicated he is to this operation. He's stressed this...a lot. Which makes me wonder....

Could he be a mole for some other organization, like a cartel or Meridian? I'm not convinced that's the case, but it's a possibility. On the other hand, it's equally likely he's the dedicated type who wants so badly to prove his worth (particularly in the face of questioning judgments from Walt and Jesse) that he's willing to forego current monetary considerations to build his "brand." He knows that if he's in, he's in...how much money is just a matter of degrees.
post #1555 of 2874
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post

What was up with Todd saying they don't have to talk about money now? Why wouldn't he care?
I want to see where things are going with him. Him saving the spider in the jar was creepy. He's nuts.

The point is he's trying to prove how dedicated he is to this operation. He's stressed this...a lot. Which makes me wonder....

Could he be a mole for some other organization, like a cartel or Meridian? I'm not convinced that's the case, but it's a possibility. On the other hand, it's equally likely he's the dedicated type who wants so badly to prove his worth (particularly in the face of questioning judgments from Walt and Jesse) that he's willing to forego current monetary considerations to build his "brand." He knows that if he's in, he's in...how much money is just a matter of degrees.
post #1556 of 2874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post

What was up with Todd saying they don't have to talk about money now? Why wouldn't he care?
I want to see where things are going with him. Him saving the spider in the jar was creepy. He's nuts.

He seemed a little overwhelmed, I think he wants to make sure he can actually do the job sufficiently before making money demands.
post #1557 of 2874
Many friends have brought up the "mole for another organization". Cartel, DEA, etc. 1) I don't think he's in any type of gov't org because he shot a kid without thinking. 2) wasn't he already part of the Vamanos thieving bug zapper group when they joined forces? That would make him already part of the thieving organization unless he was undercover in that for some reason. But a meth kingpin happening to choose a pest control company that happened to have an undercover person would be far fetched.

But I agree that Todd is oddly dedicated, overly eager, and looks a little bit special (and is a poor man's matt damon)
post #1558 of 2874
Quote:
Originally Posted by velobran View Post

Many friends have brought up the "mole for another organization". Cartel, DEA, etc. 1) I don't think he's in any type of gov't org because he shot a kid without thinking. 2) wasn't he already part of the Vamanos thieving bug zapper group when they joined forces? That would make him already part of the thieving organization unless he was undercover in that for some reason. But a meth kingpin happening to choose a pest control company that happened to have an undercover person would be far fetched.
But I agree that Todd is oddly dedicated, overly eager, and looks a little bit special (and is a poor man's matt damon)

its not the first time there's been a super/over eger weirdo co-worker on breaking bad:
post #1559 of 2874
Quote:
Originally Posted by velobran View Post

But I agree that Todd is oddly dedicated, overly eager, and looks a little bit special (and is a poor man's matt damon)

I disagree - except for the Matt Damon part. Todd has essentially been given the opportunity to go from a part-time petty burglar to being part of a huge meth operation. He sees Jesse (and how young he is) and he wants in. If you were given that kind of opportunity, wouldn't you be super eager and anxious to prove yourself?
post #1560 of 2874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post

What was up with Todd saying they don't have to talk about money now? Why wouldn't he care?
I want to see where things are going with him. Him saving the spider in the jar was creepy. He's nuts.

If he talks money now when he's just learning how to cook, he's in no position to degotiate. Also, it makes Walt think he's just an eager young guy that doesn't want to talk payment when he offers little intrinsic value to Walt.

When Todd learns how to cook and can cook on his own (particularly the 99.1% pure shit) suddenly he's very valuable or can simply off Walt and have the supply to himself. I feel that's Todd's thinking.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Countdown to Breaking Bad!!!