or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The Philistine, Anti-Intellectual Entertainment Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Philistine, Anti-Intellectual Entertainment Thread - Page 3

post #31 of 133
I think the redhead is really secksy. Probably an annoying brat, but secky.
post #32 of 133
I still watch pro wrestling every now and then, with beer and chips. I also regularly watch Chuck and tmz. and journey and styx are in my ipod.
post #33 of 133
I'll watch any movie with zombies in it. For my birthday a friend gave me this:

post #34 of 133
I was listening to Justin Timberlake today, everytime I listen to Justin Timberlake I'm reminded of how awesome he is. I'm someone who generally keeps his musical taste fairly avant-garde, but you know what, JT does pop right and he's the man for it.
post #35 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listi View Post
I was listening to Justin Timberlake today, everytime I listen to Justin Timberlake I'm reminded of how awesome he is. I'm someone who generally keeps his musical taste fairly avant-garde, but you know what, JT does pop right and he's the man for it.

See, I don't buy the entire premise of this thread, since I don't feel the need to apologize for any of my tastes in the first place. When I first heard JT's "What Goes Around" played in its entirety on the radio, I had to pick my jaw off the foot mat of my car.
post #36 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by tagutcow View Post
See, I don't buy the entire premise of this thread, since I don't feel the need to apologize for any of my tastes in the first place. When I first heard JT's "What Goes Around" played in its entirety on the radio, I had to pick my jaw off the foot mat of my car.
I pretty much unabashedly love JT, but some might consider it an "aberration" of sorts when my playlist contains both Prokofiev's 3rd Piano Concerto and My Love. I thought that was the point of this thread?
post #37 of 133
Fuck the haters. JT is awesome. And hilarious too.
post #38 of 133
+1 to JT appreciation.

What Goes Around is one of the best fuck you songs of all time.
post #39 of 133
Oh jeez, this was made for me:

Night at the Museum 2
Law and Order
Cold Case
Sky Sports Dream Team on FSC

although this next one I think is faux Low Brow, kinda kind Williamsburgh, you know, looks like shit, but really no one can afford it:

Pawn Stars
post #40 of 133
what is the appeal of 'what goes around' other than the music video? the song is close to unlistenable vampire diaries
post #41 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennglock View Post
I'm a NASCAR fan.

Who is your favorite driver?
post #42 of 133
This thread rocks (except for the title, it should read "The Philistine, Entertainment for Honest People").

Way better then ones with people going on and on about music/movies/theatre they don't really give a crap about but pretend to so they can seem 'sophisticated'. Or food that tastes like crap but they pretend to enjoy it because it makes them look 'cultured'.

My list;

- Any movie with superheroes in it.
- The Blue Collar Comedy Tour.
- Fart jokes.
- Any movies with guns that shoot 100,000,000 rounds without reloading.
- Wendy's Burgers.
- Cheap, mass produced beer.
- Any movie where something blows up every 30 seconds.
- Hockey fights.
- Fights in general.

I could go on and on.
post #43 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post
i think i posted my love for Tropic Thunder in a DT thread already

oh, I <3 Tropic Thunder. and The Young Ones. and The Tick - both animated and live action.

and I'll even sit through Ab Fab.

Oh, hell, I saw season one of True Blood, while I'm at it.
post #44 of 133
First channel I put on when I turn the TV on is Bravo.
post #45 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunror View Post
what is the appeal of 'what goes around' other than the music video? the song is close to unlistenable

YOU are why this thread was created.

No one gives a shit if you think it's unlistenable.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The Philistine, Anti-Intellectual Entertainment Thread