or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › what is your religion?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

what is your religion? - Page 3

post #31 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
No, a positive belief that there is no god is not necessary to be an atheist. The atheist simply believes that there is no evidence that god exists. It is impossible to provide evidence that something does not exist. The burden of proof is on those that wish to prove that it does exist. Without any evidence, God does not exist in the same way that unicorns and dragons do not exist.

But there are people who are atheist, and then there are Atheists.
post #32 of 176
The correct answer to this poll is Atheist
post #33 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret
But there are people who are atheist, and then there are Atheists.
I'm an ATHEIST.
post #34 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
No, a positive belief that there is no god is not necessary to be an atheist. The atheist simply believes that there is no evidence that god exists. It is impossible to provide evidence that something does not exist. The burden of proof is on those that wish to prove that it does exist. Without any evidence, God does not exist in the same way that unicorns and dragons do not exist.

Um, I do believe in unicorns and dragons.
post #35 of 176
WOW! This poll explains a lot to me!

Would be an interesting analysis as to why (coincidence?) this forum's population is so drastically different than the general population.
post #36 of 176
You mean overwhelmingly male, polite, reasonable, and fantastically good looking?
post #37 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
You mean overwhelmingly male, polite, reasonable, and fantastically good looking?

What can I say? I skew the forum in that direction with my presence
(or maybe not come to think of it)!

Want the long explanation for me?

Like with Judaism, Greek Orthodoxy is part of the culture, whether you believe or not. Those bearded bastards were the ones responsible in many ways (together with intellectuals that fled the occupation) for retaining the language and culture during the centuries of Ottoman occupation after the fall of Constantinople. I am baptised, naturally but I do not believe in JC and The Trinity Gang . Culturally I am Greek Orthodox, belief wise I am a secular non-theistic Humanist. Not a religion technically but a "belief-system"
I also buy in to Confucian philosophy to some extent as well as a lot espoused by these people : http://www.atheists-for-jesus.com/

Btw, I just realised that I need a bumper sticker that says "Asimov is my copilot!"
post #38 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalogre
Btw, I just realised that I need a bumper sticker that says "Asimov is my copilot!"

The new Mercedes S-Class should have one that reads: Command is Driving my car!



Jon.
post #39 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS
The new Mercedes S-Class should have one that reads: Command is Driving my car!



Jon.



"iDrive is my copilot" sounds too contrived?

post #40 of 176
Where's the Pagan button?
post #41 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalogre


"iDrive is my copilot" sounds too contrived?


I think that: iDrive made me crash my car is more accurate.



Jon.
post #42 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS
I think that: iDrive made me crash my car is more accurate.



Jon.

or rather "iDrove my 740 in to the phone pole"?
post #43 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
Born into family of Mennonite missionaries and pacifists, raised a Free Methodist, currently attending a non-demoniational Union church, and starting to dabble in Catholicism.

How's that for mix?
This, my dear friend, not only explains a lot, but is a prescription for years and years of very expensive "” and unfortunately not helpful "” psychotherapy.
post #44 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalogre
or rather "iDrove my 740 in to the phone pole"?

I was thinking more like:

I was tying to place a phone call using iDrive and I crashed into a telephone pole.

Jon.
post #45 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart
The correct answer to this poll is Atheist

This thread is a perfect illustration of Jon Stewart's description of atheism as "the religion dedicated to the worship of one's own smug sense of superiority."
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › what is your religion?