• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Conne's food log

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've really just had enough. I need to drop 10 pounds minimum and I have been totally undisciplined about weight loss. In this threak I will post what I eat on a daily basis. Basically, I'm hoping that you guys help keep me honest by providing tips and scathing criticism (when necessary!).

Upon looking in the mirror today, I realized I just didn't look right. I am back up to 169 lbs. (about 5'9") and it's obviously not a healthy weight.

So yeah, here it goes.

Starting weight: 169lbs.
Food for 3/4/10

-3 eggs, scrambled, pepper and salt
-1 slice multigrain toast w/unsalted peanut butter

-Pack of Hostess chocolate donettes

-Peanut butter and jelly w/ bag of Fritos (one of the "small" 99 cent bags)
-Half of a tuna melt w/cheddar cheese

-Five Guys french fries, regular size (I had about half of them)
-Can of Wolfgang Puck chicken & wild rice soup

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
Five Guys and Ding Dongs. If you eat like that every day, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why you're overweight.

I like this idea though. My problem is I just eat too much, although I've substituted fruit and granola for what used to be chocolate and other junk foods. I just need to avoid my binge eating when I'm drunk or went too long without eating.

Today I had:

-2 pork tacos from a food cart (soft shell tacos, pork meat, onions, cilantro, pineapple and salsa)

-Tomato and mozzarella salad (2 smallish tomatoes and about 4oz. of mozzarella, with olive oil, balsamic and basil)

-About 1/2 cup of granola

-A few pieces of cheese and mushroom tortelloni

Damn, when I write that out, it's not very much. I'll eat an apple if I get hungry later.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey this is my threak. But yeah writing it out has an effect. When I look at what I ate in the OP, it kind of hits home.

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
Just cut out the Ding Dongs and Five Guys. And if you absolutely can't (i.e. your friend dragged you to Five Guys while you were already out), make up for a bit of it by running the stairs to your apartment and doing like 150 crunches and 50 pushups.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's so easy because on my way back from campus I pass a ******* gauntlet of fast food/junk food establishments. Resisting it is difficult. But I really am ready to do this.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Basically, I'm hoping that you guys help keep me honest by providing tips and scathing criticism (when necessary!)

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by leftover_salmon
Just cut out the Ding Dongs and Five Guys.

But Conne burns so many calories with five guys' ding dongs!
lol8[1].gif

Milpool

Reaction score
Any beverages? Coffee with sugar? Coke? Milk? Beer?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh eyah, sorry. Usually one to two cups of black coffee in the morning. Some milk throughout the day, occasionally a glass of orange juice in the morning (I don't really drink stuff with sugar in it). With lunch, a Diet Coke. Maybe one more Diet Coke during the day. Some days I drink almost zero water and I realize that is probably a big part of my problem. High water intake keeps you satiated right?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Work was slow the other day, so I was checking old threads in this folder and came across a similar thread by Conne from a year ago. Some things just don't change.

Your diet looks awful if that's any indication of what you consume on an average day. Cut the fast food, pre-packaged goodies and eat something from the produce section. Following those guidelines alone for a couple weeks will yield noticeable results.

My first sentence is something you should consider. You asked for weight-loss advice a year ago. You obviously didn't put much of that advice into action. I know it can be difficult to implement even a predominantly healthy diet and overall lifestyle. But you clearly weren't happy with your body then. And you still aren't. You punted 12 months that could've gone toward changing your eating and exercise habits because (it sounds like) you were too lazy to make those things a priority.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously dude, have a little pride in yourself and do what you need to do to get healthy. You don't have to eat perfect diet - just cut out the junk.

Get to the gym 3 times a week for strength training and start running 4-5 days per week. At your age you should be able to maintain a healthy weight easily.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
0.................. 0
V.................. ( )
^.................. ^
II.................. ii

Conne........... Conne
on diet........... now
and
exercise

I created this graphic illustration as a motivator for Conne. Get to work!

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you really want to keep track use this browser app: https://411fit.uncc.edu/411Fit/Client/index.cfm it has most of any food (raw or by brand ect) in its database and you can put in exercise as well. its really intuitive (memorizes past entries for quick input). so that way you have a solid grasp on the calorie intake opposed to calories expended. its totally free too.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How many of these threads have you made, Conne? I can recall 3 or 4. You do sort of a **** job motivating yourself, it seems. You should join a club sport or a crossfit group.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads