or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Brandon Routh (New Superman) doing Cary Grant?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Brandon Routh (New Superman) doing Cary Grant? - Page 3

post #31 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml90
Why do you know so much about this suit?

I made it for him. I made all of his suits/shirts for his press tour for the movie.
post #32 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectfit
I made it for him. I made all of his suits/shirts for his press tour for the movie.
And you are?
post #33 of 51
I'm the owner of Looysen Fine Clothing. I have been working with Brandon for the last 10 months on creating suits and shirts that will make him look and feel great as he goes in front of the public.

We discussed cuts as well as fabrics, and the 3 button is the only style he likes to wear because he's such a big guy. Fabrics, we chose typically a super 150's cashmere -- high drape and soft hand.
post #34 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectfit
Here's another photo of the suit. This suit is super 150's cashmere, and it's actually grey with an extremely mild blue fade stripe in it. It fits him perfectly, as does the shirt (which is sea island cotton).

It's easy to criticize a photo, but he looked awesome.

--- He needs to tie a 4 in hand; not the 1/2 or full nicky/windsor and he needs to dimple. Perhaps a Navy tie(you always look great and elegant in a Navy tie), as lighter grey on grey combo does give him a wedding feel. I would suggest a darker grey/charcoal suiting and Navy tie. And teach him how to knot a 'navy' tie. It's nice he's trying to act the part of a movie star. Image is alot in his business, and with his build a neapolitan, much less shoulder padding and high armholes drape would look quite keen. 150's cashmere, who was the maker? and I would go with never button that top button with that high of a gorge. Does it roll? Thanks for the better full sized pic.

And don't sweat this group we'd argue a perfect suit on Cary Grant if we didn't know who he was.
post #35 of 51
I still say a few things could be done with details to make the suit look a little more modern. Most of all, he should fasten only the middle button. Doing the top two buttons PLUS no dimple says two things to me: -I just started dressing up and have little idea what I'm doing. -I'm an average businessman. Just food for thought, I mean no offence towards you perfectfit.
post #36 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soph
--- He needs to tie a 4 in hand; not the 1/2 or full nicky/windsor and he needs to dimple. Perhaps a Navy tie(you always look great and elegant in a Navy tie), as lighter grey on grey combo does give him a wedding feel. I would suggest a darker grey/charcoal suiting and Navy tie. And teach him how to knot a 'navy' tie. It's nice he's trying to act the part of a movie star. Image is alot in his business, and with his build a neapolitan, much less shoulder padding and high armholes drape would look quite keen. 150's cashmere, who was the maker? and I would go with never button that top button with that high of a gorge. Does it roll? Thanks for the better full sized pic.

And don't sweat this group we'd argue a perfect suit on Cary Grant if we didn't know who he was.

Yeah, I need to teach him about the importance of a good dimple.
He also doesn't like to only button the middle button (as it should be) -- he still buttons the top 2 regardless. photo attached is of him at the LA premiere - black suit with a navy pin, also super 150's cashmere.
LL
post #37 of 51
That looks a lot better I still like the half windsor small knots almost look silly on me
post #38 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovan
Most of all, he should fasten only the middle button.

That's not necessarily true. If the lapel rolls to the 3rd button then it looks like you forgot to close the top button. His suit might not have the 3 roll 2 structure. The 'only button the middle on a 3 button suit' is spouted a lot on this forum but you've got to follow the line of the suit's construction.
post #39 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart
That's not necessarily true. If the lapel rolls to the 3rd button then it looks like you forgot to close the top button. His suit might not have the 3 roll 2 structure. The 'only button the middle on a 3 button suit' is spouted a lot on this forum but you've got to follow the line of the suit's construction.

--- God do I hate suits that are so stiff looking that they would demand that the top button be fastened to look correct; especially on high gorges. YUCK!
post #40 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectfit
Yeah, I need to teach him about the importance of a good dimple.
He also doesn't like to only button the middle button (as it should be) -- he still buttons the top 2 regardless. photo attached is of him at the LA premiere - black suit with a navy pin, also super 150's cashmere.

Amazing how a properly knotted tie with dimple takes him from unkept to absolutely authority and elegance. Also, the solid Navy tie, is it not the perfect go anywhere tie
post #41 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml90
That looks a lot better I still like the half windsor small knots almost look silly on me

riverrun, past Eve and Adam's, from swerve of shore to bend of bay, brings us by a commodius vicus of recirculation back to Howth Castle and Environs.
post #42 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovan
Doing the top two buttons PLUS no dimple says two things to me:
-I just started dressing up and have little idea what I'm doing.

Poor kid, that's exactly the case, but I'm sure he will improve quickly. He needs a better stylist until his taste evolves.
post #43 of 51
However, he was excellent in Superman Returns. See Entertainment for my review.
post #44 of 51
I just re-watched the original Superman on DVD. I had no idea that Clark Kent's suits were provided by Barney's (they were thanked in the final credits).
post #45 of 51
Routh does look a lot like Christopher Reeve doesnt he?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Brandon Routh (New Superman) doing Cary Grant?