Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The official "I really don't NEED this but damn I WANT it" threak. Last post on 10/30/11 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
- Ultimate Accessories Thread: bags, briefcases, wallets, belts, cufflinks, etc. Last post on 5/31/11 at 6:58am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Wallets: Tom Ford, Ferragamo / Belts: Santoni, Isaia, Duchamp / Bags: Bottega Veneta Last post on 5/3/11 at 11:59am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- FINAL PRICE | NEW-Paul Smith Orange Goat Leather Zip Around Wallet Last post on 12/19/15 at 5:36am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim Head
Last edited: 12/6/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Leather Artisans Appreciation Thread - Page 32
Styleforum Top Pickspost #467 of 5448/27/12 at 9:43ampost #468 of 5448/30/12 at 2:47ampost #469 of 5448/30/12 at 4:29ampost #470 of 5448/30/12 at 8:11ampost #471 of 5448/30/12 at 8:59ampost #472 of 5448/31/12 at 9:27pmCan anyone weight in on the thickness of Unlucky's belts? Looks like he's got horsehide in 1/8" and cowhide in 1/4" thick. Leaning toward the cowhide because I'm not a huge fan of really grainy leather, but 1/4" seems REALLY thick for a belt unless I'm missing something. Any other options? Found these in the thread and believe they're what I'd expect from 1/4" cowhide:post #473 of 5448/31/12 at 10:03pm1/4" is very thick- about equivalent to 16oz. My preferred weight for belts is about 9-10oz, but many leathercrafters are using about 10-12oz.
On most sides of cowhide, they tend to be thicker at one end. You can see that the leather near the buckle is thinner than at the end of the belt.post #474 of 5449/1/12 at 8:48ampost #475 of 5449/10/12 at 7:57ampost #476 of 5449/22/12 at 7:37ampost #477 of 5449/23/12 at 7:59am
Seeking advice from you experienced & knowledgeable leather guys.
Is this a defect that would fall into the "returnable" category? i purchased this belt at a reputable retailer (made by a reputable maker), it's veg tanned and dyed Latigo color. I'm sure both the retailer and maker would happily work with me, I just don't kow if it's a defect or character mark? I didn't notice the damage/imperfection (for lack of a better term) until I got it home and was applying a coat of conditioner.
I'm not concerned with the dark circle (pictured in 1st image above) but rather the imperfections along the lower edge. My gut is telling me to exchange it.post #478 of 5449/23/12 at 10:29ampost #479 of 5449/23/12 at 5:51pm
- The Official Leather Artisans Appreciation Thread
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 52 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 9 minutes ago
- › thoughts on (asking for) price adjustments. 21 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 21 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 23 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 24 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 24 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 24 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 30 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?