or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Advice on this J. Crew Cotton pinstripe sportcoat?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Advice on this J. Crew Cotton pinstripe sportcoat?

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 

post #2 of 11
Make sure you try on a J Crew jacket first.
post #3 of 11
well its pinned in the back for one.
post #4 of 11
In addition to the pinning, these look very casual in real life. The cotton looks a bit worn and rumpled, and there's very little padding. I wouldn't try pairing them with anything dressier than jeans.
post #5 of 11
Cotton and pinstripe seem like odd bedfellows to me.
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
In addition to the pinning, these look very casual in real life. The cotton looks a bit worn and rumpled, and there's very little padding.

I would echo that. I just receive a cotton suit (jacket and pants separates) from JCrew and I was surprised by how light and unconstructed the jacket is
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
Cotton and pinstripe seem like odd bedfellows to me.

Odd jackets and pinstripes seem like strange bedfellows too.
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Odd jackets and pinstripes seem like strange bedfellows too.

And not an entirely new look either. This fellow, from the 30's, actually looks pretty good.

post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasso
And not an entirely new look either. This fellow, from the 30's, actually looks pretty good.


Not bad, but not great either, I'd say. It's the well-worn hat, rather than the jacket, that makes that outfit for me.

I've seen some old pictures of wide-stripe odd jackets, and I like those better than any I've seen of the pinstripe version.
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
It's the well-worn hat, rather than the jacket, that makes that outfit for me.


I like the brim as well. I think that the suede shoes act to say,"This is not a mistake, it's my style".
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasso
I like the brim as well. I think that the suede shoes act to say,"This is not a mistake, it's my style".

And the very nice fit. I've mentioned this in other threads, but I've been watching the Avengers lately, and Steed shows that you can get away with almost anything if it fits well and is worn well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Advice on this J. Crew Cotton pinstripe sportcoat?