or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread - Page 33

post #481 of 4167
Quote:
Originally Posted by poly800rock View Post
i used to feel this way, until I got a super competent bassist who can really really play and groove, and also can write songs. much more relevant and in demand than a guitarist that can do the same.

I still feel this way even with a very talented bassist who is also a guitarist and a pianist.
post #482 of 4167
Hmm... I'll never be able to afford a '61 SG, but the not-yet-announced Jeff Tweedy 50th anniversary SG sounds pretty damn awesome - Maestro trem, 60's slim taper neck, 57 classics, pelham blue color, street price of around $1600. Might be an insta-kop for me. Will need to leave it outside, freeze it, and drown it in smoke though - I love the turquoise/green hue pelham blue takes when it ages and cracks.
post #483 of 4167
Quote:
Originally Posted by origenesprit View Post

Hmm... I'll never be able to afford a '61 SG, but the not-yet-announced Jeff Tweedy 50th anniversary SG sounds pretty damn awesome - Maestro trem, 60's slim taper neck, 57 classics, pelham blue color, street price of around $1600. Might be an insta-kop for me. Will need to leave it outside, freeze it, and drown it in smoke though - I love the turquoise/green hue pelham blue takes when it ages and cracks.

Nice! I hadn't heard about this yet. The '61 Reissue has been my main guitar for a few years now and I've always wanted one in Pelham blue.
post #484 of 4167
Does anybody know any good Jazzmaster pickguards? My luthier recommended swapping out the original because of shrinkage, and I'm trying to find one that looks just as good. Relic'd is a plus, either white or brown tortoise. Anybody?
post #485 of 4167
Here's mine. I think it's an American made pickguard. The guitar is a CIJ.

jazzmaster2.jpg
post #486 of 4167
Quote:
Originally Posted by poly800rock View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by origenespritView Post
As an offhand, this is how I feel about bassists in general

i used to feel this way, until I got a super competent bassist who can really really play and groove, and also can write songs. much more relevant and in demand than a guitarist that can do the same.

Bassists are severely underrated bother as players and also bandmates IMO.

I may be slightly biased, b/c I consider myself both guitarist and bassist, but prefer the latter.
lOve groovin cool.gif
post #487 of 4167
Has anyone ever replaced the electronics in their guitars? icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

DSC_3391.jpg

DSC_3418.jpg

DSC_3414.jpg

DSC_3382.jpg

DSC_3393.jpg

DSC_3073-2.jpg
post #488 of 4167
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarpkr76 View Post

Here's mine. I think it's an American made pickguard. The guitar is a CIJ.

jazzmaster2.jpg

That looks really nice, but I find that the new ones look totally different from the vintage ones. The new ones have streaks and swirls, where the old ones were more spotted. Looks more like fire.
post #489 of 4167
anyone know how to stop the creeking of the whammy bar on a jazzmaster?
also do you need to resetup if you get a buzzstop?

I've been recording the past few days, just me messing around for some friends to contribute.
http://soundcloud.com/frenchradio
post #490 of 4167
Quote:
Originally Posted by poly800rock View Post

anyone know how to stop the creeking of the whammy bar on a jazzmaster?
also do you need to resetup if you get a buzzstop?

I've been recording the past few days, just me messing around for some friends to contribute.
http://soundcloud.com/frenchradio

I'd switch out the saddles instead of adding a buzzstop. As for the creaking, the trick is to play loudly enough to cover the noise smile.gif
post #491 of 4167
I'm planning to replace my DD-7, and I'm wondering what to get. I've been thinking of getting an El Capistan or a Brigadier, but part of me has no desire to jump on the Strymon bandwagon, for some reason.

Anyone ever try a Red Witch Titan? The idea of layering three analog delays sounds pretty cool.
post #492 of 4167
pretty close on pulling the trigger on a j mascis jazz. plan on selling some gear off. anyone have any input?
post #493 of 4167
Quote:
Originally Posted by poly800rock View Post

pretty close on pulling the trigger on a j mascis jazz. plan on selling some gear off. anyone have any input?

Those are cool looking. I can't stand his music or his personality but I love his guitars.

My '61 Jazzmaster which has turned into a bit of a project should be done soon. Just waiting to get the pickups back from Curtis Novak who rewound them.
post #494 of 4167
500
post #495 of 4167
^Pretty similar to my board, in a number of ways:


500
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread