or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread - Page 127

post #1891 of 4694
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post


No, it is in how expensive your gear is, you twat. smile.gif

 

Only because I'm not a banker who can afford new gear every day :rotflmao:

post #1892 of 4694

Anyone here pick up the new Rocksmith 2014?  I've had the original since it came out (two years ago?) and, for as long as I'd used it, I felt it helped me develop my technical skills quite a bit (until I got bored of the songs ...).  Before buying the new one, I figured I'd check in.  Thoughts/comparisons?

post #1893 of 4694
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixProtocol View Post

Anyone here pick up the new Rocksmith 2014?  I've had the original since it came out (two years ago?) and, for as long as I'd used it, I felt it helped me develop my technical skills quite a bit (until I got bored of the songs ...).  Before buying the new one, I figured I'd check in.  Thoughts/comparisons?

No idea about 2014, but if you get the PC version, you can download songs that other people have created...which means you will pretty much never run out.
post #1894 of 4694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I would do that.

I bought one, so we'll see how it goes! I'll report back. The only annoying thing is that it only has RCA connectors, so I have to buy some RCA to jack cables.
post #1895 of 4694
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by origenesprit View Post

I bought one, so we'll see how it goes! I'll report back. The only annoying thing is that it only has RCA connectors, so I have to buy some RCA to jack cables.

Interested for reports. On youtube you can see examples where people have implanted Koss stuff in guitars.
post #1896 of 4694

Guys, do nailbeds grow back? My fretting hand's nailbeds are kind of receding. D:

post #1897 of 4694
I'm a bad nailbiter so my nailbeds are insanely receded. I keep biting at them so I never give them enough time to see if they grow back. My instinct says they don't.
post #1898 of 4694
Saw My Bloody Valentine last night. That guy has a wall full of grail amps - fawn AC30's, 4-input Superleads, some smallboxes, one red and one black Hiwatt, a wide panel tweed Fender... damn. With vintage Jags and Jazzes in every color, and bazillions of the coolest fuzz pedals. The sound isn't everyone's cup of tea, but goodness if this guy doesn't know how to shop.
post #1899 of 4694
Finally was able to finish the wiring on my Epi yesterday night. Dropping the harness through the F-hole today.



Also decided my next project will involve a Warmoth Tele body. That website is amazing.
post #1900 of 4694
Quote:
Originally Posted by origenesprit View Post

Saw My Bloody Valentine last night. That guy has a wall full of grail amps - fawn AC30's, 4-input Superleads, some smallboxes, one red and one black Hiwatt, a wide panel tweed Fender... damn. With vintage Jags and Jazzes in every color, and bazillions of the coolest fuzz pedals. The sound isn't everyone's cup of tea, but goodness if this guy doesn't know how to shop.

One of the best bands to see live indoors.
post #1901 of 4694
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

One of the best bands to see live indoors.

Yeah it was a great concert. And Hammerstein Ballroom is a great venue.
post #1902 of 4694
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Finally was able to finish the wiring on my Epi yesterday night. Dropping the harness through the F-hole today.

looks great, and best of luck on the rest of it.


looking forward to the tele project. If you get an unfinished body, I know a great nitro refinisher.
post #1903 of 4694
Since Bonamassa has been mentioned here quite a bit lately:



I like the 33 minute mark. "the secret".
post #1904 of 4694
I think Joe realized that nobody can tell the difference between different tones live.
post #1905 of 4694
Quote:
Originally Posted by origenesprit View Post

I think Joe realized that nobody can tell the difference between different tones live.

I think it's partly that, partly the fact that there's so many other variables that can affect tone, and partly because those amps are relatively new and are probably more reliable than something from the 60's or 70's.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread