or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread - Page 126

post #1876 of 3452

I've been playing for about 13 years now, also had a period where I flipped guitars(side income), so I've probably gone through 500-600 high-end guitars. These days I'm just playing, currently playing a very cheap partscaster strat. 

 

(Kinda ironic...going from 5k-20k boutique and vintage axes, to settling down with a 250$ homebrew. Makes me wonder If I'll ever make a switch from bespoke to JAB suits) 

post #1877 of 3452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorstav View Post

Just had my 02 LP Standard outfitted with some Jason Lollar pups wound to my spec, along with an electronics overhaul.

New switch, all new vintage wiring, 500k volume 550k tone pots real vintage bees sourced from a 1963 ES-330. All I have to say is....OH MY GOD.


Awesome! Nice clean work too.
post #1878 of 3452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

That is fucking beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

cst 24?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

PRS are beautiful, generally. That looks like a good one. Some sort of McCarty?

Yep it's a custom 24. Price is really not that bad either (~$2500)
post #1879 of 3452
Totally didn't know this thread existed, awesome icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I'm a total pedal noob despite having played guitar for years shog[1].gif Any recommendations on essentials? Other than a tuner, of course. I picked up a TC Electronics looper, a Crybaby Wah, and a Line 6 DL4 the other day as my first three pedals ever and I didn't realize how much thought you have to put into running them from the guitar to the amp!
post #1880 of 3452
Analog Man Beano Boost. That's it.
post #1881 of 3452

Hey all, I just started following this thread a few days ago. I guess the type of gear you choose is a part your style right?

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by gomestar View Post


I've owned a handful of PRS guitars (custom 22, 24, McCarty) but ended up parting with all of them. They're beautiful and perfectly crafted instruments. I got a small ding on the custom 24, and I was completely mortified. I couldn't deal with the perfectness.

 

I bought a lovely Charcoal Burst Custom 24 used. It had a few dings and scratches on it, but was a good price for what it was and makes me less precious about it. The great things about the PRS I've tried are the playability and sustain, build quality is up there. I love the contours of the carved top, but still prefer the feel of the rounded curves of my Strats, though the new S2 range may fit in the spot right between utility and quality instrument owning the PRS badge. Pickups are useful, but a little too hot for my liking (59/09). May swap to lower output stuff for better response and classic sounds. Oh, Piobaire, I still keep going back to my Strat (decent Chinese made Squier that I've upgraded over time), so definitely get a Strat!

 

 

I'm surprised no one's mentioned this yet: Isn't it "TONE IS ALL IN THE FINGERS"? :cool: 

post #1882 of 3452
I know most of our resident guitar guys are going to roll their eyes, but has anyone had experience with hooking a guitar up to a Kaoss Pad a la Nels Cline?
post #1883 of 3452
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeDudeGuy View Post

"TONE IS ALL IN THE FINGERS"? cool.gif  

No, it is in how expensive your gear is, you twat. smile.gif
post #1884 of 3452
Do any of you guys post videos of your playing?
post #1885 of 3452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesyed View Post

Do any of you guys post videos of your playing?

a video of my air conditioner is probably more accurate at replicating what i'm trying to play.
post #1886 of 3452
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by origenesprit View Post

I know most of our resident guitar guys are going to roll their eyes, but has anyone had experience with hooking a guitar up to a Kaoss Pad a la Nels Cline?

I would do that.
post #1887 of 3452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesyed View Post

Do any of you guys post videos of your playing?

I have an EP that I did with my last band online if anyone wants the link.
post #1888 of 3452
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSCoHammers7 View Post

Totally didn't know this thread existed, awesome icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I'm a total pedal noob despite having played guitar for years shog[1].gif Any recommendations on essentials? Other than a tuner, of course. I picked up a TC Electronics looper, a Crybaby Wah, and a Line 6 DL4 the other day as my first three pedals ever and I didn't realize how much thought you have to put into running them from the guitar to the amp!

All I need is a sweet fuzz pedal and a delay.
post #1889 of 3452
I'm a huge fuzz pedal nerd. To the core. Hahaha
post #1890 of 3452
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by origenesprit View Post

I have an EP that I did with my last band online if anyone wants the link.

Shoot me a PM.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread