or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread - Page 119

post #1771 of 4235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Agreed. And you nicely had me lined up my first two stomp boxes too. frown.gif

you should get them anyways as they'll be superior sounding and more versatile than any built-in amp effects. I'm eyeing the same compressor from the NYC craigslist, but the neighborhood the guy is in is a pain to get to.
post #1772 of 4235
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

you should get them anyways as they'll be superior sounding and more versatile than any built-in amp effects. I'm eyeing the same compressor from the NYC craigslist, but the neighborhood the guy is in is a pain to get to.

If they're still there Monday I'll think about it. I will be replacing this amp in the not too distant future and need them at some point.

Finally, that polyphonic mini tuner arrived. It was free with buying my Epi so I guess i can't complain it took two months to arrive.
post #1773 of 4235
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

you should get them anyways as they'll be superior sounding and more versatile than any built-in amp effects. I'm eyeing the same compressor from the NYC craigslist, but the neighborhood the guy is in is a pain to get to.

Which compressor?
post #1774 of 4235
Quote:
Originally Posted by origenesprit View Post

Which compressor?

bawwss. The Keeley is the one to get, but $40 vs. $200.
post #1775 of 4235
Any decent $500 jangly acoustics out there you guys would recommend? I'm thinking about fingerpicking my way into the new year:)
post #1776 of 4235
The Boss CS-3 sounds great, I think, but is noisy as hell.

I'm just not a compressor person. When I was on my Gilmour pedal buying kick, I bought the super expensive Effectrode tube compressor, and it sounded nice but I just never felt the need to have it on.
post #1777 of 4235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imyouricecreamman View Post

Any decent $500 jangly acoustics out there you guys would recommend? I'm thinking about fingerpicking my way into the new year:)

I bought my son an acoustic at GC. I was amazed what easy to play, decent sounding acoustics you can get for only $150. Almost ever major brand has something in this price range. They are excellent to start on and if you decide to upgrade, keep it for camping and travel.
post #1778 of 4235
Quote:
Originally Posted by origenesprit View Post

The Boss CS-3 sounds great, I think, but is noisy as hell.

 

Yeah, I feel the same way about the Visual Sound Comp66 (though the VSC66 does have an adjustable built-in noise gate)

post #1779 of 4235
i have tentatively scored another vintage WH10.



DS2 is whack though. turn it on and the signal is dead. thoughts?
post #1780 of 4235
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

i have tentatively scored another vintage WH10.



DS2 is whack though. turn it on and the signal is dead. thoughts?

Open it up and see if you have any loose connections to the battery or 9v. Speaking of, have you tried powering it both ways?
post #1781 of 4235
Quote:
Originally Posted by origenesprit View Post

Open it up and see if you have any loose connections to the battery or 9v. Speaking of, have you tried powering it both ways?

no, not yet. the light turns on and all, it just kills all of the signal.
post #1782 of 4235
You are just looking for an excuse to buy a MIJ one aren't you?
post #1783 of 4235
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

You are just looking for an excuse to buy a MIJ one aren't you?

nod[1].gif
post #1784 of 4235
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

You are just looking for an excuse to buy a MIJ one aren't you?

i did happen to see one on craiglist for $110.
post #1785 of 4235


Did this w/ a few hours on Saturday. Going to be putting in the new harness and pups over the next few weeks as they trickle in.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread