It´s not shoe trees. This is how the Carmina shoes are packed. Paper inte the toe and then a plasic stick... Hopefully the OP is using real trees home
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBerlutitagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicCrockett Jonestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandCrockett Jones Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- itemJohn Lobb shoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicVasstagged by SYSTEM, 9/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on Today at 7:12 am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/28/15 at 11:25am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:02 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 642post #9616 of 201601/23/12 at 12:10pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9617 of 201601/23/12 at 12:18pmQuote:
I wish Carmina offered lasted trees...................
They offer trees - but only in two shapes.post #9618 of 201601/23/12 at 12:28pm
The trees on the pair I have fit very well into the shoe, maybe I just got lucky with the last, but I believe all of their lasts have a similar "basic" shape. Still very expensive for what they are
post #9619 of 201601/23/12 at 12:31pmpost #9620 of 201601/23/12 at 12:55pmpost #9621 of 201601/23/12 at 1:01pm
This is my very first post, so go easy on me... Much to my wife's surprise, I've made a concerted effort to upgrade my entire wardrobe to one that's a bit more in line with my age! Over the last few weeks, I've added the following shoes to my collection. Would love your thoughts on how I've done so far. I'm thinking of adding some black whole cuts in the near future.
The full collection:
Magnanni Benito monkstrap
Ermenegildo Zegna Agreste wing-tips
Prada Wing-Tip Detail
Crocket and Jones Hallam Cap Toe
Magnanni Broguespost #9622 of 201601/23/12 at 1:16pmpost #9623 of 201601/23/12 at 1:16pmhmmmmm.............
I guess we should refer to them as 'semi-lasted' then? This is pretty much the same way C&J does it (two lasts fits all) - and I was told by some members here that this was NOT to be considered a lasted tree.
I just don't buy that out of all of those many, many lasts that they offer that only two tree shapes can serve as what I would call a true lasted tree.
Perhaps I'm just being too picky?post #9624 of 201601/23/12 at 1:17pmQuote:Quote:
Good Show!post #9625 of 201601/23/12 at 1:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gdot
Fabulous! May I ask where one has occasion to wear such things?
Interesting that you feature the buckles. As yo know, (but for the benefit of the forum) shoe buckles were once prized possessions. I have a copy of one of my ancestor's last will and testament in which he willed his silver shoe buckles to one of his sons, such was their value.
Where does one wear such shoes?
How about a Robbie Burns Dinner?post #9626 of 201601/23/12 at 1:27pmpost #9627 of 201601/23/12 at 1:42pmQuote:
As i suspected since you wrote you bought them on your trip. Great shoes! I own one par of Carmina, a black cap toe on Detroit last, and since i´ve got that one last spring i want more. All the pics posted here last couple of weeks don´t help Your brown cap toe is one of the "best" so far... Please post some pics after a couple of wears.post #9628 of 201601/23/12 at 2:00pmpost #9629 of 201601/23/12 at 2:05pmpost #9630 of 201601/23/12 at 2:05pm
There is a wonderful old house here in Atlanta that was built by and for the local Robert Burns Society. I've been told it's an approximate replica of a home he lived in at one time, although I couldn't verify it.
In any case - WELL played!
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Ambrosi Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › FS Filson Pullman Ottergreen BNWT 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › MEN'S ALL SAINTS ALLSAINTS BLACK SCHOTT LEATHER MOTORCYCLE JACKET... 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 11 minutes ago
- › style advise 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...