It´s not shoe trees. This is how the Carmina shoes are packed. Paper inte the toe and then a plasic stick... Hopefully the OP is using real trees home
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBerlutitagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicCrockett Jonestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandCrockett Jones Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- itemJohn Lobb shoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicVasstagged by SYSTEM, 9/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on 4/9/15 at 7:33pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 4/23/15 at 8:48am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:12 am in Classic Menswear
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 10:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 642
Styleforum Top Picks
I wish Carmina offered lasted trees...................
They offer trees - but only in two shapes.
The trees on the pair I have fit very well into the shoe, maybe I just got lucky with the last, but I believe all of their lasts have a similar "basic" shape. Still very expensive for what they are
This is my very first post, so go easy on me... Much to my wife's surprise, I've made a concerted effort to upgrade my entire wardrobe to one that's a bit more in line with my age! Over the last few weeks, I've added the following shoes to my collection. Would love your thoughts on how I've done so far. I'm thinking of adding some black whole cuts in the near future.
The full collection:
Magnanni Benito monkstrap
Ermenegildo Zegna Agreste wing-tips
Prada Wing-Tip Detail
Crocket and Jones Hallam Cap Toe
I guess we should refer to them as 'semi-lasted' then? This is pretty much the same way C&J does it (two lasts fits all) - and I was told by some members here that this was NOT to be considered a lasted tree.
I just don't buy that out of all of those many, many lasts that they offer that only two tree shapes can serve as what I would call a true lasted tree.
Perhaps I'm just being too picky?
Fabulous! May I ask where one has occasion to wear such things?
Interesting that you feature the buckles. As yo know, (but for the benefit of the forum) shoe buckles were once prized possessions. I have a copy of one of my ancestor's last will and testament in which he willed his silver shoe buckles to one of his sons, such was their value.
Where does one wear such shoes?
How about a Robbie Burns Dinner?
As i suspected since you wrote you bought them on your trip. Great shoes! I own one par of Carmina, a black cap toe on Detroit last, and since i´ve got that one last spring i want more. All the pics posted here last couple of weeks don´t help Your brown cap toe is one of the "best" so far... Please post some pics after a couple of wears.
There is a wonderful old house here in Atlanta that was built by and for the local Robert Burns Society. I've been told it's an approximate replica of a home he lived in at one time, although I couldn't verify it.
In any case - WELL played!
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
Styleforum Top Picks
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... just now
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 4 minutes ago
- › NWT Robert Talbott Tie. Made in USA. Hand Sewn. Silk. 3.5" Wide. 4 minutes ago
- › The RACHford Files: Linjer Soft Briefcase TestDrive 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 5 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...