or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 639

post #9571 of 19808
Quote:
Originally Posted by isshinryu101 View Post

Wonderful shell Norwegian pics are now in the archive! thanks.

You are welcome. I'm happy that you found them worthwhile.

The more I look at these the more of a 1970s vibe I get from them. A particular teacher I had in school keeps coming to mind, would have been about 1974. Although I'm sure they would have had a higher heal in those days.

In any case - they definitely have a certain rustic vibe to them that I'm totally digging. If the fit works well I think these will be long term keepers.
post #9572 of 19808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien View Post

TBH even those are better than the stuff the other chap polutes this thread with.

Typical "internet cajones" jack-ass post. Haven't seen one in a while, so this is quite amusing. The "thread policemen" who make value judgments on what's "proper to post" and what "POLLUTES (mis-spelled of course) this thread" are truly a sad breed. Research shows they are often cuckolded husbands looking for an anger outlet.

This is why I enjoy Fritzl's posts so much. They skate the line of what is respectful in criticism. The man's ALWAYS ready to criticize a shoe's styling, brutally at times. HOWEVER, he NEVER questions someone's right to own, enjoy & post those same shoes.

A certain level of courtesy for each other should be maintained (in my opinion), as we are all adults and clearly wish to maintain a generally friendly & respectful atmosphere on this site (or at least on this thread).

One need not LIKE everything posted here, but it is foolish to question the poster's right to post them.
post #9573 of 19808
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

Thanks for the advice fritzl, the shoes had about 10 wears and still no good for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORE View Post

sounds like you have a high instep.

From my very limited wearing experience, the Robert last (which is officially the same as the Simpson, according to the armoury thread) is best for a medium instep. and the Forest last is best for a very low instep. I have a somewhat low instep and both lasts are comfortable for me, but I can totally see someone with anything more than a medium instep experiencing gyasih's issues.
post #9574 of 19808
Quote:
Originally Posted by isshinryu101 View Post

S
Quote:
Originally Posted by isshinryu101 View Post

Here are his "Dress-up shoes" as he calls them. Whenever he wants to be "Extra Handsome" (his words), he wears these... only with button down shirts.
1940's Wingtips
IMG_0413.jpg

Actually, I LOVE the last of these. Wish I had some wingtips this shape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by isshinryu101 View Post

IMG_0200.jpg

me happy you teach children young.
very very good. fistbump.gif
post #9575 of 19808
Quote:
Originally Posted by isshinryu101 View Post

Never be embarrassed to post! In my opinion, it's better to post something you love that's NOT been seem on these pages (at least not for an age) than to post the same monotony. Good show.

Classy as always, Isshy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

If the fit works well I think these will be long term keepers.

I loved your other monks (and said so), but I don't get the shell cordovan style for these. I guess I would want t know more about how they would 'roll' after use. IMO there are a few styles that can display the cordovan roll gracefully and I am not sure if this is one of them. But I am a noob in the world of shoes and happy to be corrected.
post #9576 of 19808
Quote:
Originally Posted by PipersSon View Post

I loved your other monks (and said so), but I don't get the shell cordovan style for these. I guess I would want t know more about how they would 'roll' after use. IMO there are a few styles that can display the cordovan roll gracefully and I am not sure if this is one of them. But I am a noob in the world of shoes and happy to be corrected.

It's a valid concern. I presume that they will roll similarly to a cordo loafer - as the apron with stitching is similar. It is my plan for these shoes that they become my fall/winter 'go to' shoe for jeans,cords and more casual flannels. So if they get a little bit wonky that will be fine with me - as it will add character.

I notice that Camina offers quite a few wholecuts and monks with unseemed aprons in Cordovan. These really scare me from a rolling perspective. Does anyone have examples of these to share?

And thank you for your compliments on the pebble grained monks.
post #9577 of 19808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

It's a valid concern. I presume that they will roll similarly to a cordo loafer - as the apron with stitching is similar. It is my plan for these shoes that they become my fall/winter 'go to' shoe for jeans,cords and more casual flannels. So if they get a little bit wonky that will be fine with me - as it will add character.

Got it. It makes sense from that perspective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

ItI notice that Camina offers quite a few wholecuts and monks with unseemed aprons in Cordovan. These really scare me from a rolling perspective. Does anyone have examples of these to share?

For me, whole cuts particularly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

And thank you for your compliments on the pebble grained monks.

You're entirely welcome.
post #9578 of 19808
2ik730m.jpg
ravello lhs
argyles otc
post #9579 of 19808
My first time posting shoes here...

Kiton's purchased from an ebay seller. They're used, but have fairly light wear (judging both by what the seller said and the heel condition, I'd guess they've been worn something like 20-40 times, but I could be off). Seller is based in Germany, sells a high quantity of Kiton clothing, and has 100% feedback rating, so I thought my risk was somewhat minimized. I gave them a bath in saphir renovateur upon arrival. Sorry for the not so great phone camera pics...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
post #9580 of 19808
Congrats!
post #9581 of 19808
who makes Kiton shoes? The finish looks very nice.
post #9582 of 19808
Economically they moved it in house (the more formal shoes) and were consulted by a German bespoke shoemaker on the production, the causals and most mocs are made by Di Mella, a Naples based shoemaker who also produces for about any other high end brand that adds casual or lighter shoes in its portfolio.
Kiton shoes are right now almost as hawt for overstock deals like the quadrillion Borrelli shirts floating around btw.
post #9583 of 19808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire View Post

...and were consulted by a German bespoke shoemaker on the production,

posh?
post #9584 of 19808
Shoes #2 for today...

A new pair of Carmina captoes (Robert last) from The Armoury...

Photobucket
post #9585 of 19808
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullswin View Post

They're used, but have fairly light wear (judging both by what the seller said and the heel condition, I'd guess they've been worn something like 20-40 times, but I could be off).

how do you protect/care for the soles?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II