or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 624

post #9346 of 19386
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe View Post


He's got that irrational prejudice, chukka boots should only be worn by schoolboys and double monks only by car salesmen.
And once fritzl has made his mind up on something............


I want to be like a car sales schoolboy

post #9347 of 19386

Some outstanding shoes in the last few pages-  thanks for posting!

 

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengranger View Post

Cliff Roberts Bespoke shoes - last and shoe trees by Springline
Hi all. I've recently received my Bespoke shoes from Cliff Roberts. I'm over the moon with the quality! Enjoy biggrin.gif
_DSC2336sm.jpg
 


 

 

Hot damn.  Must be smokin crack cos these 'Churchills' are the secks.    ^  Best work of his I've seen-  Hmmm..  makes me think it'd be worth the effort to arrange something.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliche View Post

 

It's time for my next buy of shoes next week. I need boots (I only wear C&J) Im thinking more of the Chukka that maybe they will go nicer with jeans, chinos?
 
Wich one is nicer? I like nr 1 more, but I dont know they are so many...
350x350px-LL-571c9fa5_chiltern-snuffsuede.jpeg
 

 

 

 

I think the suedes are more classic and easier on the eye ^  - ^^

 


 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post


EG claims to make one pair from a hide and I believe AE make 4-6 so this gives you an idea. Some question the validity of this information but if you handle the shoes you can see a difference. I don't know about Vass or St. Crispins but I am assuming it is more along the EG line than AE.

 

 

 

^^ my understanding too.  Lobb Paris one skin per pair, and acc to Chay at AS they will scan multiple skins to get something perfect for their handgrade line

 

ok I know they're not 'hand' grade smile.gif

 

 

 

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr monty View Post

Grenson (Stuart's Choice) Wolfson
233

 

 

Like the color ^^

 

 

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandie View Post

 

Exhibit A

 

collection1.jpg

 

 

Exhibit B

 

collection2.jpg

 

 

Exhibit C

 

collection3.jpg

 

 

 

 

You are a player, sir.  ^^  

 

Great collection and well cared for.   C&J fan?  I see Tetbury's and Weymouths and a few others- can u give us some captions please?

 

 

 

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliche View Post



Aha haha! Now I understand. Will I see the point that chukka boots maybe can be little ''school boys shoes'' hmmm now its even harder for me to decide.. Well it dont have to be boots but I am looking for some casual shoes with jeans. But only in C&J, maybe the loafers in merton? But I am also thinking about the weather here it's cold...

 

 

 

 

 

Spelling mistake no?  Chukke/Chukka.  

 

My old man wore suede chukkas his entire working life- still does.

 

post #9348 of 19386

nice collection !

love the chukka ~~
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandie View Post

 

Exhibit A

 

collection1.jpg

 

 

Exhibit B

 

collection2.jpg

 

 

Exhibit C

 

collection3.jpg



 

post #9349 of 19386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post


My old man wore suede chukkas his entire working life- still does.

well, it's a regional and a cultural thing.

it's a joke and at least a cliché.

would you feel better that it is the preferred footwear of generation 68 activists and radical leftists? bengal knows all these things...
post #9350 of 19386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post


^^ my understanding too.  Lobb Paris one skin per pair, and acc to Chay at AS they will scan multiple skins to get something perfect for their handgrade line

one pair per hide. hmmh, hard to imagine, imo. maybe for bespoke operations. i buy more in the scanning version for rtw production.
post #9351 of 19386

Any other then the chukka boots then :P? casual shoes...

post #9352 of 19386



 

 


 

You are a player, sir.  ^^  

 

Great collection and well cared for.   C&J fan?  I see Tetbury's and Weymouths and a few others- can u give us some captions please?

 

 

 

Exhibit A, back to front, left to right:

CJ Merton, Grenson for Fox snuff suede wholecut, CJ Harvard

WS Foster blue suede derby, Paul Smith, Italian spectator

CJ Lowndes, Grenson for Fox Canvas Captoe, CJ Cranford

 

 

Exhibit B, back to front, left to right:

CJ Swansea, CJ Hallam, Jeffrey West derby

CJ Monkton, CJ Weymouth, CJ Aldwych

CJ Selbourne, Church benchgrade double monk, Grenson for Fox derby, CJ Hallam

CJ Brunswick, CJ Prestwood, CJ Weymouth

 

Exhibit C, back to front, left to right:

CJ Islay, Jeffrey West, CJ Somerville, Grenson chelsea

CJ Tetbury, CJ Tetbury, Grenson country grain chukka

CJ Hayle, CJ Hartland, Grenson choc suede chukka

 

 

post #9353 of 19386
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post


well, it's a regional and a cultural thing.
it's a joke and at least a cliché.
would you feel better that it is the preferred footwear of generation 68 activists and radical leftists? bengal knows all these things...


Well, old man was in TV, and wore a beard, so I guess that explains it shog[1].gif



Quote:
Originally Posted by cliche View Post

Any other then the chukka boots then :P? casual shoes...


One word for you-  Norweger.  Style, and skill.

 

Or there's Dandie's 'Tetbury' in suede.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by dandie View Post



 

 

 

Exhibit A, back to front, left to right:

CJ Merton, Grenson for Fox snuff suede wholecut, CJ Harvard

WS Foster blue suede derby, Paul Smith, Italian spectator

CJ Lowndes, Grenson for Fox Canvas Captoe, CJ Cranford

 

 

Exhibit B, back to front, left to right:

CJ Swansea, CJ Hallam, Jeffrey West derby

CJ Monkton, CJ Weymouth, CJ Aldwych

CJ Selbourne, Church benchgrade double monk, Grenson for Fox derby, CJ Hallam

CJ Brunswick, CJ Prestwood, CJ Weymouth

 

Exhibit C, back to front, left to right:

CJ Islay, Jeffrey West, CJ Somerville, Grenson chelsea

CJ Tetbury, CJ Tetbury, Grenson country grain chukka

CJ Hayle, CJ Hartland, Grenson choc suede chukka

 

 

CJ indeed-  and you've got brown covered.
 

 

post #9354 of 19386

 

CJ indeed-  and you've got brown covered.
 

 


 

I forgot to include the CJ Cavendish in in brown suede I was wearing.
 

 

And what do you mean brown is covered? There is a huge antique-tan-coloured and clifford-shaped hole at the heart of my collection that desperately needs filling...

 

post #9355 of 19386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post



Well, old man was in TV, and wore a beard, so I guess that explains it shog%5B1%5D.gif

there you go...
post #9356 of 19386
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandie View Post


Exhibit A

350x303px-LL-c96a8896_collection1.jpeg


Exhibit B

350x410px-LL-372a61db_collection2.jpeg


Exhibit C

350x443px-LL-73d33139_collection3.jpeg

What is there not to love - especially those brown and white spectators?
post #9357 of 19386
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandie View Post



 
I forgot to include the CJ Cavendish in in brown suede I was wearing.

 

And what do you mean brown is covered? There is a huge antique-tan-coloured and clifford-shaped hole at the heart of my collection that desperately needs filling...

How about a Drummond in tan then? You seem to like the 348 last.
post #9358 of 19386
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandie View Post


 

I forgot to include the CJ Cavendish in in brown suede I was wearing.
 

 

And what do you mean brown is covered? There is a huge antique-tan-coloured and clifford-shaped hole at the heart of my collection that desperately needs filling...

 


 

The force is strong in you.       cheers.gif

 

post #9359 of 19386
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandie View Post


Exhibit A

350x303px-LL-c96a8896_collection1.jpeg


Exhibit B

350x410px-LL-372a61db_collection2.jpeg


Exhibit C

350x443px-LL-73d33139_collection3.jpeg

great collection, enjoy wearing
post #9360 of 19386
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

great collection, enjoy wearing

+1, thanks for sharing!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II