Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBerlutitagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicCrockett Jonestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandCrockett Jones Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- itemJohn Lobb shoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicVasstagged by SYSTEM, 9/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on Yesterday at 1:25 am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 9/24/16 at 9:17pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:20 am in Classic Menswear
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Primer: Refinishing a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes using...
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 623post #9332 of 206941/15/12 at 5:29pmpost #9333 of 206941/15/12 at 5:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gdot
No apologies necessary B. I'm a bit strident sometimes - and more than a little wordy.
I'm sure that the clicking must have a huge difference in how well a shoe wears, particular in terms of stretching and creasing. As if you have ever handled a hide you can easily see that the 'stretch' is very directional. And that the thickness varies as well. The way the leather is used must have a huge impact.
EG claims to make one pair from a hide and I believe AE make 4-6 so this gives you an idea. Some question the validity of this information but if you handle the shoes you can see a difference. I don't know about Vass or St. Crispins but I am assuming it is more along the EG line than AE.post #9334 of 206941/15/12 at 5:36pmpost #9335 of 206941/15/12 at 6:50pmpost #9336 of 206941/15/12 at 6:56pmpost #9337 of 206941/15/12 at 8:35pmpost #9338 of 206941/15/12 at 10:31pmpost #9339 of 206941/15/12 at 11:31pmpost #9340 of 206941/15/12 at 11:38pm
What do you mean about that my bad english writing? If so no, but I am not from America I live in Sweden and Dubai. So sorry for that doing my best.Quote:Originally Posted by Burton
Ok what really matters here is the last.
I believe C&J makes a variety of different "chukka" style boots
Chiltern 224 last
Chukka on 200
Chepstow on 325
Brecon on 341
Tetbury on 348
Milbank on 363 - handgrade
I know how the 341 and 348 fit--what about the others? Anyone?? Bueller??
The C&J lasts for Chelsea's are the, aformentioned, 341, and the 238 ?? Any others.
Does anyone have a pic of these lasts like that Alden last pic???
I like the look of the Chelsea, but I hate CFC so it is difficult for me to think about wearing them. MIght have to call them something else.
Thanks alot, but when you say CFC what do you mean about that? (sorry i'm new in everything haha)
post #9341 of 206941/15/12 at 11:45pmQuote:
The rule is: "Tight to toe" (the least stretch in the length-wise direction of the shoes.)post #9342 of 206941/15/12 at 11:48pmpost #9343 of 206941/15/12 at 11:54pmpost #9344 of 206941/15/12 at 11:58pm
He's got that irrational prejudice, chukka boots should only be worn by schoolboys and double monks only by car salesmen.
And once fritzl has made his mind up on something............post #9345 of 206941/16/12 at 12:13amQuote:
Aha haha! Now I understand. Will I see the point that chukka boots maybe can be little ''school boys shoes'' hmmm now its even harder for me to decide.. Well it dont have to be boots but I am looking for some casual shoes with jeans. But only in C&J, maybe the loafers in merton? But I am also thinking about the weather here it's cold...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 3 minutes ago
- › Raw Ingredient and Mise en Place porn thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Colin Kaepernick is an a-hole 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Poor Samuelsohn suit alteration? 12 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...