Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBerlutitagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicCrockett Jonestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandCrockett Jones Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- itemJohn Lobb shoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicVasstagged by SYSTEM, 9/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:11pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:03 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:14 pm in Classic Menswear
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Guide to shoe lasts / where to buy narrow fitted shoes? Last post on 10/23/12 at 2:51pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 623
Styleforum Top Picks
No apologies necessary B. I'm a bit strident sometimes - and more than a little wordy.
I'm sure that the clicking must have a huge difference in how well a shoe wears, particular in terms of stretching and creasing. As if you have ever handled a hide you can easily see that the 'stretch' is very directional. And that the thickness varies as well. The way the leather is used must have a huge impact.
EG claims to make one pair from a hide and I believe AE make 4-6 so this gives you an idea. Some question the validity of this information but if you handle the shoes you can see a difference. I don't know about Vass or St. Crispins but I am assuming it is more along the EG line than AE.
What do you mean about that my bad english writing? If so no, but I am not from America I live in Sweden and Dubai. So sorry for that doing my best.
Ok what really matters here is the last.
I believe C&J makes a variety of different "chukka" style boots
Chiltern 224 last
Chukka on 200
Chepstow on 325
Brecon on 341
Tetbury on 348
Milbank on 363 - handgrade
I know how the 341 and 348 fit--what about the others? Anyone?? Bueller??
The C&J lasts for Chelsea's are the, aformentioned, 341, and the 238 ?? Any others.
Does anyone have a pic of these lasts like that Alden last pic???
I like the look of the Chelsea, but I hate CFC so it is difficult for me to think about wearing them. MIght have to call them something else.
Thanks alot, but when you say CFC what do you mean about that? (sorry i'm new in everything haha)
The rule is: "Tight to toe" (the least stretch in the length-wise direction of the shoes.)
He's got that irrational prejudice, chukka boots should only be worn by schoolboys and double monks only by car salesmen.
And once fritzl has made his mind up on something............
Aha haha! Now I understand. Will I see the point that chukka boots maybe can be little ''school boys shoes'' hmmm now its even harder for me to decide.. Well it dont have to be boots but I am looking for some casual shoes with jeans. But only in C&J, maybe the loafers in merton? But I am also thinking about the weather here it's cold...
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 seconds ago
- › ***FS: SuitSupply Navy Copenhagen Linen Suit 38R NWT *** 30 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 4 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...