Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBerlutitagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicCrockett Jonestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandCrockett Jones Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- itemJohn Lobb shoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicVasstagged by SYSTEM, 9/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on 5/3/15 at 10:29am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 6:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 623
Styleforum Top Picks
No apologies necessary B. I'm a bit strident sometimes - and more than a little wordy.
I'm sure that the clicking must have a huge difference in how well a shoe wears, particular in terms of stretching and creasing. As if you have ever handled a hide you can easily see that the 'stretch' is very directional. And that the thickness varies as well. The way the leather is used must have a huge impact.
EG claims to make one pair from a hide and I believe AE make 4-6 so this gives you an idea. Some question the validity of this information but if you handle the shoes you can see a difference. I don't know about Vass or St. Crispins but I am assuming it is more along the EG line than AE.
What do you mean about that my bad english writing? If so no, but I am not from America I live in Sweden and Dubai. So sorry for that doing my best.
Ok what really matters here is the last.
I believe C&J makes a variety of different "chukka" style boots
Chiltern 224 last
Chukka on 200
Chepstow on 325
Brecon on 341
Tetbury on 348
Milbank on 363 - handgrade
I know how the 341 and 348 fit--what about the others? Anyone?? Bueller??
The C&J lasts for Chelsea's are the, aformentioned, 341, and the 238 ?? Any others.
Does anyone have a pic of these lasts like that Alden last pic???
I like the look of the Chelsea, but I hate CFC so it is difficult for me to think about wearing them. MIght have to call them something else.
Thanks alot, but when you say CFC what do you mean about that? (sorry i'm new in everything haha)
The rule is: "Tight to toe" (the least stretch in the length-wise direction of the shoes.)
He's got that irrational prejudice, chukka boots should only be worn by schoolboys and double monks only by car salesmen.
And once fritzl has made his mind up on something............
Aha haha! Now I understand. Will I see the point that chukka boots maybe can be little ''school boys shoes'' hmmm now its even harder for me to decide.. Well it dont have to be boots but I am looking for some casual shoes with jeans. But only in C&J, maybe the loafers in merton? But I am also thinking about the weather here it's cold...
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Opumo - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 11 minutes ago
- › What would you like to see from Pitti Uomo 88? 14 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 15 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...