Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBerlutitagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicCrockett Jonestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandCrockett Jones Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- itemJohn Lobb shoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicVasstagged by SYSTEM, 9/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on 5/23/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 11:11 am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 4:42 pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 623
Styleforum Top Picks
No apologies necessary B. I'm a bit strident sometimes - and more than a little wordy.
I'm sure that the clicking must have a huge difference in how well a shoe wears, particular in terms of stretching and creasing. As if you have ever handled a hide you can easily see that the 'stretch' is very directional. And that the thickness varies as well. The way the leather is used must have a huge impact.
EG claims to make one pair from a hide and I believe AE make 4-6 so this gives you an idea. Some question the validity of this information but if you handle the shoes you can see a difference. I don't know about Vass or St. Crispins but I am assuming it is more along the EG line than AE.
What do you mean about that my bad english writing? If so no, but I am not from America I live in Sweden and Dubai. So sorry for that doing my best.
Ok what really matters here is the last.
I believe C&J makes a variety of different "chukka" style boots
Chiltern 224 last
Chukka on 200
Chepstow on 325
Brecon on 341
Tetbury on 348
Milbank on 363 - handgrade
I know how the 341 and 348 fit--what about the others? Anyone?? Bueller??
The C&J lasts for Chelsea's are the, aformentioned, 341, and the 238 ?? Any others.
Does anyone have a pic of these lasts like that Alden last pic???
I like the look of the Chelsea, but I hate CFC so it is difficult for me to think about wearing them. MIght have to call them something else.
Thanks alot, but when you say CFC what do you mean about that? (sorry i'm new in everything haha)
The rule is: "Tight to toe" (the least stretch in the length-wise direction of the shoes.)
He's got that irrational prejudice, chukka boots should only be worn by schoolboys and double monks only by car salesmen.
And once fritzl has made his mind up on something............
Aha haha! Now I understand. Will I see the point that chukka boots maybe can be little ''school boys shoes'' hmmm now its even harder for me to decide.. Well it dont have to be boots but I am looking for some casual shoes with jeans. But only in C&J, maybe the loafers in merton? But I am also thinking about the weather here it's cold...
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
Styleforum Top Picks
- › All Natural, Non-Toxic, Shoe Polish 5 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 27 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 13 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 15 minutes ago
- › The "Actively Discovering 'New' Brands" Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 20 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 20 minutes ago
- › Tips On Beauty And Makeup During The Period Of Summer 21 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 24 minutes ago
- › SW&D CHALLENGE - DENIM - VOTE NOW 29 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan