or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 575

post #8611 of 19788
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanC View Post

For those interested in that sort of thing, I picked up a lot of old Nettleton shoe trees from a seller on ebay. Nettleton was at one time perhaps the highest quality American RTW maker ("The World's Slowest Made Shoes").
Note the hole drilled into them that allows for venting from the insole. The knobs also turn allowing them to extend. In the last picture is a side by side with later Nettleton shoe trees I have. Although nice, they aren't in the same league as these early ones.
263 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
467
467
263
263

THIS IS A HAUL!!!!!
post #8612 of 19788
Thanks for the explanation guys. I have to say that the last of the shoe has significantly changed because I am pronating more on my right side than before they were done. Not sure what I should do at this point becAuse as was pointed out these probably weren't the highest quality shoes to begin with and pumping more and more money into them doesn't make financial sense when I could save up for a higher quality shoe like grensons. (I bought a pair of beautiful chukas from rider boot shop). I do know now that I will never go back to this guy though! Thanks again.
post #8613 of 19788
Decided to pick up something for myself after shopping for everyone


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
post #8614 of 19788
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanC View Post

For those interested in that sort of thing, I picked up a lot of old Nettleton shoe trees from a seller on ebay. Nettleton was at one time perhaps the highest quality American RTW maker ("The World's Slowest Made Shoes").

Note the hole drilled into them that allows for venting from the insole. The knobs also turn allowing them to extend. In the last picture is a side by side with later Nettleton shoe trees I have. Although nice, they aren't in the same league as these early ones.

263
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
467

467

263

263

Alan, I'll take those 9D trees off your hands, just to prevent significant damage to your 9C shoes. biggrin.gif
post #8615 of 19788
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljrcustom View Post

Good looking pair of boots, how much did they run you if you wouldn't mind sharing? Thanks.
-LR

Hi LR,

Here's the break down

1 pair of Saint Crispin's Model 524 in TCK039 with leathersole: € 800
hollowed shoe trees: € 90
metal tips: € 20
initialing :€ 20

There's a 20% off for 1st orders, so the shoes and shoe trees cost € 744 after discount.

Unfortunately, shipping was really expensive , at €125 to Singapore.
post #8616 of 19788
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

Decided to pick up something for myself after shopping for everyone
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Nice!! Were they part of the 40% + 30% sale?
post #8617 of 19788
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr monty View Post

Nice!! Were they part of the 40% + 30% sale?

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #8618 of 19788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo View Post

Christmas present from SO:
263

great gift, enjoy wearing
post #8619 of 19788
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

1znblmw.jpg
cigar cap toe
argyles otc

One of your best though I don't actually like cigar as a colour.
Edited by meister - 12/24/11 at 1:15am
post #8620 of 19788
425


Very Bestetti-ish toecap which is wonderous and voluptuous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr monty View Post

Nice!! Were they part of the 40% + 30% sale?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

Decided to pick up something for myself after shopping for everyone
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

What RL are these please? They looka bit G&Gish
post #8621 of 19788
^ details please! Lovely shoe. Presuming they are EG?
post #8622 of 19788
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

great gift, enjoy wearing

nod[1].gif
post #8623 of 19788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWFII View Post

Well, yes...I didn't disagree with your assessment but sometimes an explanation will actually increase understanding...for those who want it. By referencing the photo I offered evidence rather than casual speculation.




DWF - was really a joke and not a shot at you or your explanation--cllearly of greater value to have the expert opine and provide the technical details.

well, shoes are too important to make jokes. next time please wait until somebody has to say something of value, not?
post #8624 of 19788
EG Brooksville, for RLPL
post #8625 of 19788
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

well, shoes are too important to make jokes. next time please wait until somebody has to say something of value, not?

Fritzl I believe my original comment was of significant value. My second was a humorous statement of agreement. Humor itself has a great value--especially here in la la land.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II