or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 502

post #7516 of 19230
I also posted these in the recent purchases thread. Ron Rider Chukka Boots in Chocolate Brown Suede, Goodyear Flex. I picked these up at the trunk show at leffot a few weeks back. It was great meeting Ron and chatting with him. The man definitely is passionate and knowledgeable about his shoes. Steven was great as usual.
-LR
263
265
post #7517 of 19230
^ how much were those? beautiful shoes
post #7518 of 19230
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljrcustom View Post

I also posted these in the recent purchases thread. Ron Rider Chukka Boots in Chocolate Brown Suede, Goodyear Flex. I picked these up at the trunk show at leffot a few weeks back. It was great meeting Ron and chatting with him. The man definitely is passionate and knowledgeable about his shoes. Steven was great as usual.
-LR
263
265

enjoy wearing your good looking chukkas
post #7519 of 19230
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljrcustom View Post

I also posted these in the recent purchases thread. Ron Rider Chukka Boots in Chocolate Brown Suede, Goodyear Flex. I picked these up at the trunk show at leffot a few weeks back. It was great meeting Ron and chatting with him. The man definitely is passionate and knowledgeable about his shoes. Steven was great as usual.
-LR
263
265

They look unique indeed with the contrast piping.
post #7520 of 19230

I really do like those Rider's, but I do have a bit of a qualm with the price point on these. Don't get me wrong... I am a big Rider Boot fan, and own a pair from his Rider per Cortina line. However, $745.00 for suede Chukkas is starting to get pretty expensive, when unlined Edward Greens are not that much more, and they are (in my opinion) a step up from Borgioli (i.e, channeled stitching, superior finishing, materials, etc.), at least from the Borgioli's I have handled.

 

With that said, wonderful shoes, and I hope you really do enjoy them! Can you comment on the quality / last shape? It is certainly possible that Borgioli is making these to a higher standard than their other offerings.

post #7521 of 19230
Two of my favorite designs in saddle and bordeaux shell, made by Vass on F last.

R0012918.jpg
R0012919.jpg
post #7522 of 19230
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

enjoy wearing your good looking chukkas

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolecho View Post

They look unique indeed with the contrast piping.

At first I thought the piping was a little too much for me, but the more I wear them, the more I like it.


-LR
post #7523 of 19230
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4lnamja View Post

^ how much were those? beautiful shoes

$745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sams0n View Post

I really do like those Rider's, but I do have a bit of a qualm with the price point on these. Don't get me wrong... I am a big Rider Boot fan, and own a pair from his Rider per Cortina line. However, $745.00 for suede Chukkas is starting to get pretty expensive, when unlined Edward Greens are not that much more, and they are (in my opinion) a step up from Borgioli (i.e, channeled stitching, superior finishing, materials, etc.), at least from the Borgioli's I have handled.

With that said, wonderful shoes, and I hope you really do enjoy them! Can you comment on the quality / last shape? It is certainly possible that Borgioli is making these to a higher standard than their other offerings.

I understand what you are saying. My one complaint about the chukkas is the fact that the sole stitching is exposed and not channeled like on EG's. That being said, the quality thus far is amazing. They are incredibly comfortable and seem to be very well made. I can't recall the technique that is used, but the leather of the vamp is stretch and shaped in a way so that the common creasing that usually happens with chukka boots won't really happen at all with these. I am very happy with my purchase, expect these boots to hold up well over time.

-LR
post #7524 of 19230
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolecho View Post

Two of my favorite designs in saddle and bordeaux shell, made by Vass on F last.
R0012918.jpg
R0012919.jpg

good looking shoes, enjoy wearing
post #7525 of 19230
syxj6b.jpg
color 8 wt boot
argyles otc
post #7526 of 19230
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

syxj6b.jpg
color 8 wt boot
argyles otc

what last! =)
post #7527 of 19230
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

what last! =)

plaza last
post #7528 of 19230
2wbup2c.jpg
ravello wt boot
argyles otc
post #7529 of 19230
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

plaza last

Plaza last is super sleek. nice.
post #7530 of 19230
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

Plaza last is super sleek. nice.

thank you
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II