or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 329

post #4921 of 20747
Quote:
Originally Posted by butabi View Post
NORE, what are those shoes? Absolutely lovely!

+1
post #4922 of 20747
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel222 View Post
That's a lot of wear for 5 wears. If he ran 5 marathons, maybe that's consistent w/ worn 5 times.

or maybe seller wore them 5 times after he bought them from somebody else ..
post #4923 of 20747
John Lobb Romsey II in chestnut brown suede



post #4924 of 20747
^^nice lobbs
post #4925 of 20747
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post
^^nice lobbs

Indeed, great foul weather boots.
post #4926 of 20747
Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Magnozzi View Post
Indeed, great foul weather boots.

not a fan
post #4927 of 20747
Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Magnozzi View Post
Indeed, great foul weather boots.

I know suede isn't as delicate as most people think it is, but really? Suede Lobbs are foul weather boots? It's one thing if your Aldens occasionally get caught in the rain, but wearing these as foul weather boots would just be dumb.
post #4928 of 20747
Quote:
Originally Posted by isshinryu101 View Post
Vintage SEA TURTLE V-Cleat Wingtip Gunboats.
Insane shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljrcustom View Post
I really like the Vass monks. Are those on the F last? Thanks.
-LR
Yup on the F last

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
Give me some more details here - especially how I missed all these if they are my size.
Actually only the Vass are your size but come up slightly smaller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post
Score on the - Lobbs by the look? and that's the first F last dbl monk that I've thought 'I could wear that'! ps I'm wearing the tweed jacket with orange stripe with an orange and blue tie today and i love it - cheers
Glad you liked it. Pic on WAYWN?

I know Paul Smith never gets featured much on this thread but thought some of you might find these interesting.

Genuine Lizard (Iguana) Oxfords:







post #4929 of 20747
Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Magnozzi View Post
Indeed, great foul weather boots.

Don't be fooled by the soles, suede is never a foul weather shoe or boot.
post #4930 of 20747
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon View Post
I know Paul Smith never gets featured much on this thread but thought some of you might find these interesting.

Genuine Lizard (Iguana) Oxfords:

Wow! Where can I get a pair?
post #4931 of 20747
Malford of london have perfect design shoes.
All three very very good.
Luk-cha very lucky man.
post #4932 of 20747
Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Magnozzi View Post
Indeed, great foul weather boots.
One word - suede.

The lizard skin shoes are... interesting, but my experience with lizard is that as it ages or even when rubbed/scraped the wrong way scales have a tendency to irreversibly lift and look bad. Reptile is also an almighty biotch to polish, requiring special polishes.
post #4933 of 20747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post
I know suede isn't as delicate as most people think it is, but really? Suede Lobbs are foul weather boots? It's one thing if your Aldens occasionally get caught in the rain, but wearing these as foul weather boots would just be dumb.

So what if they're Lobbs and suede? Doesn't make them less suited to wear in foul weather than your Aldens. Shoes are meant to be worn, not cherished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr monty View Post
Don't be fooled by the soles, suede is never a foul weather shoe or boot.

I beg to differ, I often wear suede shoes in foul weather. The whole 'suede is delicate' mantra is nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apropos View Post
One word - suede.

The lizard skin shoes are... interesting, but my experience with lizard is that as it ages or even when rubbed/scraped the wrong way scales have a tendency to irreversibly lift and look bad. Reptile is also an almighty biotch to polish, requiring special polishes.

Yes, suede.
post #4934 of 20747
How about wearing a silk suit in rain then? It's meant to be worn, not cherished. Well hurr durr of course you can wear suede in rain/snow, but any person with a modicum of common sense can figure out that a suede boot without storm welting might not fare so well in rain, mud, snow, ice, sand, or salt. Can you do it? Of course you can. Is it the best choice? No, there are clearly better options. I hate to imagine what cleaning salt marks off a $1400 suede boot would feel like. TLDR: take a step back, and stop trying to be an internet smartass.
post #4935 of 20747
Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Magnozzi View Post
So what if they're Lobbs and suede? Doesn't make them less suited to wear in foul weather than your Aldens. Shoes are meant to be worn, not cherished.



I beg to differ, I often wear suede shoes in foul weather. The whole 'suede is delicate' mantra is nonsense.



Yes, suede.

In my neck of the woods, foul weather is freezing rain, ice, deep snow, slush etc. If possible, I try to avoid wearing suede in snow and slush that covers my entire shoe.


Quote:
Originally Posted by apropos View Post
One word - suede.

The lizard skin shoes are... interesting, but my experience with lizard is that as it ages or even when rubbed/scraped the wrong way scales have a tendency to irreversibly lift and look bad. Reptile is also an almighty biotch to polish, requiring special polishes.

How are you cleaning reptile shoes? Yes they require a special cream for exotic footwear. But it's cheap and very easy to apply. Much more easier than cleaning calf leather footwear.



http://www.mostshoestuff.com/browse....nce/4,309.html
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II