or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 240

post #3586 of 19808
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post
C&J design is more authentic but the Alden finish is x10.
WTF? Alden finish is really not that great, nor is C&J's. I've always found both leaving a lot (but equal amount) to be desired. Go with C&J, especially since they don't sell it at J.Crew - yet. That is C&J's "Chukka" model, I think.
post #3587 of 19808
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCrockett View Post
That is C&J's "Chukka" model, I think.
Having both the Chukka and the Chiltern, I agree. But the pic is pretty bad.
post #3588 of 19808
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post
very important for a maker to pay attention to how the shell is cut so that the light reflects properly. otherwise, it looks sloppy.

What? Yet another problem with shell?
post #3589 of 19808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post
Having both the Chukka and the Chiltern, I agree. But the pic is pretty bad.

How're you liking your Chilterns, Kaplan?

I'm considering picking up a pair since Pediwear has them in stock in my size..

I don't really 'need' them though
post #3590 of 19808
^ I like them alot and wear them often. They're actually one of the few pairs that I would consider getting again in another colour (mine are snuff). The dainite sole is great and I like the rounded last.

They're obviously not as sleek as the Tetbury's, which I think can look great on others but which doesn't work for me with the 348 last.
post #3591 of 19808
Quote:
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow View Post
Posted these before, but got some much better pictures and just received an exchange today for a half size bigger. Phenomenal customer service!

Carmina Semi-Brogues from The Armoury


]

Fidel I like the sole colouring. Very nice look.
post #3592 of 19808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post
^ I like them alot and wear them often. They're actually one of the few pairs that I would consider getting again in another colour (mine are snuff). The dainite sole is great and I like the rounded last.

They're obviously not as sleek as the Tetbury's, which I think can look great on others but which doesn't work for me with the 348 last.


Cheers. I have the Tetbury's but they're increasingly losing favour with me.
post #3593 of 19808
Could you explain why? They are one of the models I'm considering at the moment.
post #3594 of 19808
Quote:
Originally Posted by sNiels View Post
Could you explain why? They are one of the models I'm considering at the moment.

I'm not so big into the chiseled lasts any more.
post #3595 of 19808
Ah, understood.
post #3596 of 19808
Quote:
Originally Posted by sNiels View Post
Could you explain why? They are one of the models I'm considering at the moment.

Other issue with Tetburys is that if you have a normal to large-shaped foot (US size 10.5 or larger), they look absolutely ridiculous - like elf shoes.

The 348 looks great on size 8 feet but does not scale well at all, IMO.

This is especially the case since boots like the Tetburys look great with a narrow-legged jean or chino, but a pant like that accentuates how elongated they are.

I also can't imagine that a toe that narrow is comfortable to wear.
post #3597 of 19808
Quote:
Originally Posted by sNiels View Post
Could you explain why? They are one of the models I'm considering at the moment.

hi sNiels. re: Tetburys can i give you a word of warning? Sizing can be tricky. In general I find C&J sizes to be about a half size roomier than other marques. And the 348 is the roomiest last C&J offers - at least for me. I take a UK9.5 or 43.5 in most makes and lasts, but my feet really swim in the UK 9.5 Tetburys. I'd go a half size down.
post #3598 of 19808
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCrockett View Post
Other issue with Tetburys is that if you have a normal to large-shaped foot (US size 10.5 or larger), they look absolutely ridiculous - like elf shoes.

The 348 looks great on size 8 feet but does not scale well at all, IMO.

This is especially the case since boots like the Tetburys look great with a narrow-legged jean or chino, but a pant like that accentuates how elongated they are.

I also can't imagine that a toe that narrow is comfortable to wear.

The 348 doesn't look that hot on size 8s either. Mine have been unworn for the last few months. I know there's a lot of people that like the 348 but I really don't think it works on the Tetbury. They're hitting B&S soon...
post #3599 of 19808
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post
I'm not so big into the chiseled lasts any more.

Dude dont tell me you are going the Dinkelacker route...
post #3600 of 19808
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
Dude dont tell me you are going the Dinkelacker route...

Awww hell no.

I'm just leaning more towards this



than the ultra-pointed last.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II