or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 218

post #3256 of 20753
post #3257 of 20753
Excerent EGW!!
post #3258 of 20753
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4lnamja View Post
what shoes are these

They're the Mezlan Mercker II.

post #3259 of 20753
Pictures of my brown shoes.




post #3260 of 20753
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Guy from Shanghai View Post
Pictures of my brown shoes.

Fun collection! I like how most are casual, everyday type shoes. Looks like a lot of EG shoe trees which is always a good sign.
post #3261 of 20753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post
Fun collection! I like how most are casual, everyday type shoes. Looks like a lot of EG shoe trees which is always a good sign.

EG? I don't see any EG shoe trees or shoes in those pictures.
post #3262 of 20753
Xmas gift from the Mrs: Alden NST Whiskey Shell I look fwd to creasing these babies, but should I be pissed that right out of the box they had the creases shown?
post #3263 of 20753
Yes,you should be pissed and perhaps even return them. It is totally unacceptable
post #3264 of 20753
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post
I look fwd to creasing these babies, but should I be pissed that right out of the box they had the creases shown?

post #3265 of 20753
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post
Yes,you should be pissed and perhaps even return them. It is totally unacceptable

While I appreciate the sarcasm, I'm really new to nice shoes, and while I love shell for its easy maintenance, none of my new shells had creases like that out of the box. As I understand it, they will break in like raw denim (which I am familiar with)...but I guess its usual.
post #3266 of 20753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraiche View Post

LOL
post #3267 of 20753
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post
While I appreciate the sarcasm, I'm really new to nice shoes, and while I love shell for its easy maintenance, none of my new shells had creases like that out of the box. As I understand it, they will break in like raw denim (which I am familiar with)...but I guess its usual.

It's half serious and half sarcasm,you know you can break in shell yourself,right? There is a pen method,which I've never used simply because I don't care about it. Come to think of it,I just placed an order for 2 pairs of shell shoes so maybe I will try the pen method. I would too be displeased if the shoes were worn but if you are not anal, I'd say just let it go. Besides, it was a gift,it's not like you bought them yourself.
post #3268 of 20753
How very appropriate.
post #3269 of 20753
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post
It's half serious and half sarcasm,you know you can break in shell yourself,right? There is a pen method,which I've never used simply because I don't care about it. Come to think of it,I just placed an order for 2 pairs of shell shoes so maybe I will try the pen method. I would too be displeased if the shoes were worn but if you are not anal, I'd say just let it go. Besides, it was a gift,it's not like you bought them yourself.

Yea, I suppose. They were from the Shoemart, so sold as new. I know that my mom and Mrs went in on this together, so it was a bog deal...they are purtey though...

No wear on the soles at all, so I guess they didn't get hosed.

Tell me of this pen method?
post #3270 of 20753
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post
Yea, I suppose. They were from the Shoemart, so sold as new. I know that my mom and Mrs went in on this together, so it was a bog deal...they are purtey though...

No wear on the soles at all, so I guess they didn't get hosed.

Tell me of this pen method?

You need to check the Alden thread for details but basically you put the pen where you want the crease and artificially break in the shoes, it gives you control over where the creases will be located as opposed to random crease. I think srivats maybe able to tell you more about it. As I said, I've never done it but will give it a try this time when I get my new shoes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II