or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 1331

post #19951 of 20750

Trying out my new Saint C's. Shrunken calf. They are a real pain to get on. Once inside the foot feels fine, a little snug but I expect (hope) them to stretch a bit the more I wear them.

post #19952 of 20750
x post apols

@steveyoo1983 Many thanks

These arrived today, I love them, took their time getting here but worth the wait.

Wonderful!









post #19953 of 20750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzmenco View Post
 

Trying out my new Saint C's. Shrunken calf. They are a real pain to get on. Once inside the foot feels fine, a little snug but I expect (hope) them to stretch a bit the more I wear them.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Great boots! Love the texture.

post #19954 of 20750
Sassetti. don't know much about them but deal was too good to pass up.

post #19955 of 20750
Sassetti has made shuus for Ralph Lauren, I believe the Purple Label's made in Italy pairs are from the factory. I have a pair of city mountaineering boots from SS for RLPL, and they are very well made, the leather is good stuff as well. I'd still prefer stronger lines and curves on Sassetti's lasts, though.
post #19956 of 20750
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

Sassetti has made shuus for Ralph Lauren, I believe the Purple Label's made in Italy pairs are from the factory. I have a pair of city mountaineering boots from SS for RLPL, and they are very well made, the leather is good stuff as well. I'd still prefer stronger lines and curves on Sassetti's lasts, though.

yes, you are right. here is the RLPL version of the same shoe:

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11828830
post #19957 of 20750

 

Hi all,

 

This is my very first post of Styleforum. I have been lurking and reading for quite some time now, and have been inspired to build a modest rotation of good RTW dress shoes, where in the past I just wore one or two pairs of off-the-rack Cole-Haan or Rockports to death. Thought I should post a couple of pictures of what I ended up with:

 

Black (L-R): Ferragamo Tramezza Tito Loafer; Vass London 3-Eyelet Derby in F-last; Edward Green Chelsea in 82 last; John Lobb City II in 7000 last

Brown (L-R): Septieme Largeur Miro Loafer with patina; Edward Green Dover in 606 last; John Lobb Chapel in 8000 last; G&G St James II in MH71 last

 

I should explain the large number of black shoes - I am litigator by profession, which means lots of black suits for court. Could not stray to far from conservative dark brown colours as well, given the conservative business clientele that I meet on a regular basis. I am quite happy with the 8 pairs as they stand, but eyeing a Burgundy colour next - any suggestion?

post #19958 of 20750

Nice collection, glad you graduated from Rockport ;-)

post #19959 of 20750
posez, your best bet would a very dark burgundy or dark brown shuu as these colours look nearly black (but more interesting than pure black) in artificial lighting. With the help of a layer or two from black polish, the shade could be easily adjusted to meet your professional needs. Well, then there's black suede as well, it seems to be more popular in the Far East at the moment. It's matte black.
post #19960 of 20750
Per VRaivio's advice, I'd consider Oxblood. Indoors it can look almost black
post #19961 of 20750

Any particular shoe you guys have in mind - e.g. maker, style (derby, oxford, monk, loafer...)?

post #19962 of 20750

posez, I have to wear black shoes to certain levels of court as well, but even with that requirement I think you have plenty.  For heavens sake branch out a bit.  Oxblood and dark brown are essentials to me.  After that burgundy / Bordeaux and the medium browns (of which you already have a few of the latter).  Add a midnight blue when you want to mix in something a little different.  And a tan for the summer months down the road.

 

PS - by black suits for court are you referring to robes or to actual black business suits?  If the latter, rethink.

post #19963 of 20750
Quote:
Originally Posted by posez View Post

Any particular shoe you guys have in mind - e.g. maker, style (derby, oxford, monk, loafer...)?
Vass F last OE2 Oxblood (or navy or plum museum!)
post #19964 of 20750
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post


Vass F last OE2 Oxblood (or navy or plum museum!)

 

Can't go wrong with make / model / last / colour here for a killer business shoe.

post #19965 of 20750

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerP View Post
 

posez, I have to wear black shoes to certain levels of court as well, but even with that requirement I think you have plenty.  For heavens sake branch out a bit.  Oxblood and dark brown are essentials to me.  After that burgundy / Bordeaux and the medium browns (of which you already have a few of the latter).  Add a midnight blue when you want to mix in something a little different.  And a tan for the summer months down the road.

 

PS - by black suits for court are you referring to robes or to actual black business suits?  If the latter, rethink.

 

Thanks for the replies so far guys.

 

Colour may be a little off in the photos, but most of the shoes are in darker brown shades with the exception of the Septieme Largeur. The Dovers were an unusually light shade of DOAK straight out of the box (which I liked), JL Chapels are in dark brown museum calf and the G&Gs are vintage oak.

 

RogerP - black suits and black robes. The former are de rigeur in the courts in Singapore, while the later are used in the higher level of courts - hence the rotation of black shoes. Just enough, with the addition of one or two beaters, so that I will not have to wear each pair more than once a week in the midst of long trials. I should add that given the heat and humidity here, non-court / non-client facing days are usually "business casual", with odd trousers and a dress shirt, sans tie, as is the norm in the CBD.

 

Looks like Oxblood is the next step forward. Will certainly look at the Vass old English as a potential choice - do keep the recommendations coming!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II