I was always wondering what it was about grey I disliked.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBerlutitagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicCrockett Jonestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandCrockett Jones Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- itemJohn Lobb shoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicVasstagged by SYSTEM, 9/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on Yesterday at 7:12 am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/28/15 at 11:25am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:57 pm in Classic Menswear
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 6:46 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 1275
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19112 of 201677/14/14 at 11:27amQuote:
hahah thanks Mimo for the nice words and
Petepan for the like
some photos in natural light!! Generally the shoes look black and only under some angles of view or direct sun-flash light the purple undertones are vissible!!post #19113 of 201677/15/14 at 1:42ampost #19114 of 201677/15/14 at 5:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by wurger
Trickers Epsom Expresso Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice new Tricks wurg. I really like their espresso colour, as it is close to black at first glance and goes smartly with a suit as well as odd jacket and trousers. I was eyeing a pair of Epsoms off in black though as I already have the Belgraves in espresso.
Do these fit the same as your Regents?post #19115 of 201677/17/14 at 2:43amthank you, Pop. The Jermyn St collection lasts are very short and stubby, the most classic English last I have, I prefer the modern last from the 1829 collection. Even the 1829 lasts is short compare to Loakes, CJ and AS lasts. Espresso actually seems lighter in day light compare to online photoes.
As for the fit, it's slightly tighter than the Regent, and pinky of my left foot rubbed against against the upper when new; I had to stretch it a bit, now it's comfortable. So you would still take the same size, but you will get a very short and stubby shoe.post #19116 of 201677/18/14 at 3:55ampost #19117 of 201677/18/14 at 5:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by wurger
thank you, Pop. The Jermyn St collection lasts are very short and stubby, the most classic English last I have, I prefer the modern last from the 1829 collection. Even the 1829 lasts is short compare to Loakes, CJ and AS lasts. Espresso actually seems lighter in day light compare to online photoes.
As for the fit, it's slightly tighter than the Regent, and pinky of my left foot rubbed against against the upper when new; I had to stretch it a bit, now it's comfortable. So you would still take the same size, but you will get a very short and stubby shoe.
Yes, the Jermyn St lasts are short and voluminous. I love the styles but I wish they made those in lower fittings than 5, so I could size up half in length!post #19118 of 201677/20/14 at 7:16amNot a pair of mine but I'd like to take this opportunity to talk bad about Meermin. Just look at those upper stitchings, wobbly in all directions like a hungover palm. If this isn't shuu damage I don't know what is. It's been, what, two or three years since they appeared on SF and still these quality issues haven't been fixed. Meermin is just about the poorest maker on the market because they don't care.post #19119 of 201677/20/14 at 4:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by VRaivio
Not a pair of mine but I'd like to take this opportunity to talk bad about Meermin. Just look at those upper stitchings, wobbly in all directions like a hungover palm. If this isn't shuu damage I don't know what is. It's been, what, two or three years since they appeared on SF and still these quality issues haven't been fixed. Meermin is just about the poorest maker on the market because they don't care.
Are these firsts? A long time ago I bought a pair of boots by Meermin's Pepe Albaladejo (for less than the price of Alden boots) and they are beautifully finished all around. Were it not for the international shipping and duties to the US I would have bought more. If the above are firsts then its sad to see how far they have fallen.post #19120 of 201677/20/14 at 6:52pmpost #19121 of 201677/20/14 at 7:37pmpost #19122 of 201677/20/14 at 8:31pm
Model 3579. 2102 soft chiseled last. Beveled waist. Skoak calls it "burgundy beauty" http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/products/bonafe-burgundy-beauty
Here are more pics of it:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #19123 of 201677/20/14 at 8:46pmpost #19124 of 201677/20/14 at 8:55pm
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 7 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Dress in Academia 14 minutes ago
- › Suit fit check 36 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 36 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 45 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 55 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › All Things Hippity and Hoppity 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...