Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBerlutitagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicCrockett Jonestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandCrockett Jones Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- itemJohn Lobb shoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicVasstagged by SYSTEM, 9/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on 2/17/17 at 9:05am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 3/24/17 at 12:33pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:19 am in Classic Menswear
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Primer: Refinishing a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes using...
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 1274post #19097 of 208597/11/14 at 1:12pmpost #19098 of 208597/11/14 at 2:24pmpost #19099 of 208597/11/14 at 3:53pmpost #19100 of 208597/11/14 at 4:33pmpost #19101 of 208597/11/14 at 5:30pmpost #19102 of 208597/11/14 at 6:53pmpost #19103 of 208597/11/14 at 11:39pmpost #19104 of 208597/11/14 at 11:53pmpost #19105 of 208597/12/14 at 3:17am
I learned from some guys on the Epaulet thread, it is a leftover from a GMTO that Carmina made incorrectly. The group had ordered dark brown hatch grain and Carmina made a burnished hatch grain instead. I believe some guys opted out after learning about the mistake leaving Epaulet with some leftover stock.post #19106 of 208597/12/14 at 8:47amQuote:
Thanks - I thought Dimitri was great.
I did go to Paris to be sized (I don't think he takes orders remotely or would want to, though I guess you could ask.) The sizing process was straightforward: he looked at my feet and the shoes I was wearing, I tried on a sample shoe, he watched me walk, we talked a bit about fit problems I've had with other shoes, and that was pretty much it.
I was a bit worried actually about how quick the fitting process was, because I've had a ton of trouble finding shoes that fit when using semi bespoke - or even full-on bespoke - makers; I've had MTO g&g, bespoke scafora, bespoke from a Viennese shoemaker, and Vass measured in person in Budapest, and I don't wear any of them anymore because the fit hasn't worked (makes me sick listing all of my failed attempts).
In spite of the challenges other fitters have seemed to have with me, he nailed the fit. The shoes were comfortable immediately, somehow more narrow/elegant yet more comfortable/roomy in the forefoot area than any other shoe I've had. I think I may need him to add in a little medial arch support. I actually asked him for that in the fitting but he didn't add it. When I picked up the shoes he said something about too much arch support not being healthy, and said I should wear the shoes for a while and see how they felt - if I still wanted the support in a couple of months, he told me he could add it without any problem if I let him have the shoes for a day or two. (I live in the US but can make it to Paris once every few months.$
He was also very friendly, almost jovial. He encouraged me to try to speak French but switched to English when I needed to. Seemed very flexible, too, about what he was willing to do within ligne bottier (oxfords, derbies, boots, no loafers but he'd try something like a lazy man oxford.). I'd actually come to him ready to be sold on going for full bespoke, but he encouraged me to try ligne bottier first, which I appreciated. The shoes were ready about two months after I ordered them.
The shoes themselves are beautifully made - beveled waist on one side (his suggestion, because they were chukkas), narrow heel, perfectly finished - and the suede is exquisite.
I'm thinking about doing another pair with him - maybe a pair of brogues - later this year. He had a wide range of less common leathers - deer, water buffalo, elephant - that looked interesting too.
Anyways, I recommend him highly. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Edited by Stone - 7/12/14 at 7:25pmpost #19107 of 208597/13/14 at 11:10ampost #19108 of 208597/13/14 at 11:25am
I had this pear for some time now
and because of the color(quite "mafia strange" hahaha and not matching my clothes) i didnt wore them more than a couple of times !! So i decided to play a little with dyes on them to make them Black with some hidden tones of purple!!
During the process
Finished shoes(the purple tones are more visible in direct sun or flash light)
and without a flash:
Just some mirror shine needed at the heel!! some more pics tomorrow in natural light at the garden!!
hope you enjoy them Gent's! all comments are more than welcome
Edited by benhour - 7/13/14 at 11:37ampost #19109 of 208597/13/14 at 3:46pmpost #19110 of 208597/13/14 at 5:59pm
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 18 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 39 seconds ago
- › FS: new Brunello Cucinelli double breasted summer blazer US40 slim 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › Where to find casual slim fit 34x33 chinos? 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 9 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 9 minutes ago
- › WTB: Eidos Field Jacket, Valstar Safari Jacket/ Bomber or Similar -... 11 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 12 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...