Thanks a lot! Really pleased with them.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBerlutitagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicCrockett Jonestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandCrockett Jones Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- itemJohn Lobb shoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicVasstagged by SYSTEM, 9/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on 10/24/16 at 2:04pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 7:06 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:23 am in Classic Menswear
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Primer: Refinishing a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes using...
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 1264post #18946 of 207336/3/14 at 10:14ampost #18947 of 207336/3/14 at 2:28pmpost #18948 of 207336/3/14 at 3:40pmQuote:
I would imagine so. The original outsole would just have to be replaced with a larger piece of leather that would become the midsole. Then a new outsole would be stitched around the perimeter.post #18949 of 207336/3/14 at 8:30pmpost #18950 of 207336/3/14 at 9:23pmpost #18951 of 207336/4/14 at 2:36ampost #18952 of 207336/4/14 at 2:47ampost #18953 of 207336/4/14 at 4:04ampost #18954 of 207336/4/14 at 4:07ampost #18955 of 207336/4/14 at 4:47amQuote:Originally Posted by OzzyJones
New heavy artillery! Massive thanks to @edmorel for all the help in getting the right size and for awesome customer service!
These are a half size smaller than my Vass P2 Oxfords. The laces still close up on the left so may have to tongue pad them and they're a little snug width ways in the toes other than that the fit is great and build quality looks fantastic! I think they'll break in superbly.
I'll try to get natural light pics up soon
I've given some thought from time to time about getting a pair of these myself.post #18956 of 207336/4/14 at 4:55amQuote:
Very nice, of course. I am surprised with the extra long norwegian stitch. VERY Italian in styling... and I have seen it criticized roundly on older SF threads when done by Italian makers.post #18957 of 207336/4/14 at 5:41am^Allow me to refresh those old critiques: I've never liked lengthened Norwegian aprons, they're much too flashy and make any vamp look disproportionately tiny. Coupled with a sculpted last, these form a shoe that's too flashy for suit wear and too dressy for jeans and such. Like the pair wouldn't know what it's trying to be. Still, I'm torn between St. C. and Bontoni on the finest, tightest apron sewers. Both are exceptional.post #18958 of 207336/4/14 at 6:38amQuote:
I think there is a difference whether someone asks a general question "Do you like this style?" or he shows a particular item he has just bought. In the first case, I might voice an opinion, in the second case, if I have nothing nice to say, I hold my council.
Everyone is free to spend his money as he pleases, whether I (or anyone else) agrees or disagrees is totally irrelevant. 'PCK1' is free to spend his money on whatever he pleases.
Silence does not have to mean approval!post #18959 of 207336/4/14 at 7:26am
Nor does flattery and/or ingratiating praise.
No harm, no foul, I suppose, except that after awhile it's just meaningless blather.
(not saying you're wrong, because you're not)
Edited by DWFII - 6/4/14 at 8:18ampost #18960 of 207336/4/14 at 7:47am
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 1 minute ago
- › Camel hair or cashmere? 3 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › US11D - BNIB Ron Rider Walker Lite in Grey Suede 9 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 10 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...